Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA in the media 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/926894...ways-stranded/

BBC Presenter Sophie Morgan claims she was left in her seat for half an hour with crew ignoring her. When they did appear she was told to calm down.
I really don't understand these type of reports in a media. I only fly a handful of times a year, but in the past 20 years i've probably had 60 or so flights with BA, in all cabin classes, and although i've had issues with the IFE or seat, i've never experienced a bad crew.
I know theres always 'The exception', or maybe I have just been lucky?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by npturner
....I only fly a handful of times a year, but in the past 20 years i've probably had 60 or so flights with BA, in all cabin classes, and although i've had issues with the IFE or seat, i've never experienced a bad crew.
I know theres always 'The exception', or maybe I have just been lucky?
Bad crew are a small proportion, so you just haven’t been lucky to get one. I haven’t had one for a good while, which has been great.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Surely pinging the call bell repeatedly would get a better response than throwing headsets down the aisle... Where was she getting the headsets from anyway?

Incidentally, top work from the Sun headline writers - "stranded on 12 HOUR flight"... for 30 minutes.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
Originally Posted by Deltus
Surely pinging the call bell repeatedly would get a better response than throwing headsets down the aisle... Where was she getting the headsets from anyway?

Incidentally, top work from the Sun headline writers - "stranded on 12 HOUR flight"... for 30 minutes.
I was wondering that, she must have collected a fair few of them.
Also, she mentions she was left without her chair, but surely standard wheel chairs do not fit through the isle of a plane?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
The article says that she called repeatedly so I assume this is via the bell. I imagine it doesn't affect able bodied people anywhere near as much, hence what might be once in 60 flights for you is probably a lot more for disabled people. Just look at Frank Gardner, almost every flight he was having issues at LHR. You don't realise how hard it can be until you're in that position.
origin, KeaneJohn, cosmo74 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
...................Just look at Frank Gardner, almost every flight he was having issues at LHR. You don't realise how hard it can be until you're in that position.
Very good point.

I don’t honestly recall to what extent his issues were down to BA as a carrier, or down to LHR personnel (I seem to think more LHR .... but perhaps a combination of both .... ?) ; but the fact remains he was let down very, very, badly. And if such poor treatment can be suffered by as highly resourceful and stoic an individual as Frank Gardner, then it can very well happen, sadly, to anyone else with significant physical disabilities.

Personally I’m struggling to think of a reason as to why the passenger in this report would wish to manufacture the pattern of events.
origin likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
Surely pinging the call bell repeatedly would get a better response than throwing headsets down the aisle...
I'd like to think the throwing of the headsets was a subtle use of metaphor and metonymy
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Yet another report in the media about BA's food standards - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-flight.html
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
When I had a dog, I gave it much better food than that.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Looks like something my cat would like.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:03 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
Looks like something my cat would like.
I'm not sure about your cat, but mine is highly discerning about what it eats. I'm pretty certain that if presented with that delectable example of the best that economy class catering has to offer, it would sniff it once and then walk off in disgust.
LSunbury likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
OK, let's not make a meal of it.

(Hat, coat, umbrella)
Tobias-UK and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I'm going to light the blue touch paper and stand back.

(Pax self upgraded to CW and wrote an article about it)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/c...my-true-story/
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Any chance of copy and paste? Fortunately I don’t have a Telegraph subscription.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by flipper118
Any chance of copy and paste? Fortunately I don’t have a Telegraph subscription.
You don't need a subscription, it's a free article. You only need to register. I'm not sure on the rules of copying and pasting an entire article, so I won't do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.