Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA in the media 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Some people are lucky enough to go for a spin on the BA Sims....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...-Heathrow.html
Old May 14, 2019, 4:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Some people are lucky enough to go for a spin on the BA Sims....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...-Heathrow.html
Old May 16, 2019, 6:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

British Airways Centenary Whisky - Availaibe in 2031

British Airways - CENTENARY WHISKY WORTH WAITING FOR

British Airways has pored over its 100 year-old history to create a limited-edition whisky with InchDairnie, the modern Scottish distillers. The partnership will culminate with a centenary dram being served up in 2031.To mark World Whisky Day on May 18, the two British brands have come together to start the 12-year process of creating a limited-edition pour for the airline’s centenary.

British Airways joined the expert distillers at the Fife based distillery to mix malted barley, water and yeast before distilling and pouring it into a bespoke American oak cask once used to mature bourbon
Old May 19, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Rather nice tongue in cheek piece by Giles Coren about the CCR in The Times yesterday:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/l...oren-vnf50swdg
Old May 19, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mikebg
Rather nice tongue in cheek piece by Giles Coren about the CCR in The Times yesterday...
I'm sure it is, but it's only available to subscribers. Perhaps you could post an excerpt (allowed under FT rules)?
Old May 19, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I hope this will be allowed. I'm not sure how much may be quoted "legally".

.....And so people are jealous of me. Which is only natural. I know the feeling well. For I am jealous of the ones in First. Not for the flight experience, which is barely any different, apart from the gopping polyester pyjamas that make you look like an old lady on her way to Dignitas. But for the lounge: specifically, the BA Concorde Room at Heathrow Terminal 5. And even then I’m only really jealous of the door. You know the one. It’s right there as you clear fast-track security and are thinking about a cold beer in the South Lounge when it just slaps you in the face and spoils your day with status anxiety.You tell the lady at the desk in front of the door that you are business class, so can you please go in, but she says, very politely, no. You tell her you are Gold (just like Spandau Ballet), but she says no, that she’s very sorry, that you can use Galleries First as a Gold member, but not this. Not the Concorde Room.It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a mere Club World traveller to enter the Concorde Room. Although, in a neat reversal of the Messiah’s bon mot about the kingdom of heaven, it is pretty easy for a rich man to enter. You just have to have bought a first-class ticket for your flight, that’s all.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:15 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mikebg
I'm not sure how much may be quoted "legally"
I'm not sure there is a reasonable workable definition of 'fair use'. My understanding is that you shouldn't paste more than 1/3 of the text of a web article and if it has informative content you shouldn't post the whole of that even if it is less than 33% of the text, I think the laws differ in the EU and the US and that FT applies US rules regardless of poster locale.
Very happy to have people who know more correct me on this because I'm pretty unsure about it and I expect others are too.

Last edited by DeathSlam; May 19, 2019 at 12:16 pm Reason: typo
Old May 30, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Surprised that this hasn’t (apologies if it has) already been covered on FT, .... especially given what keen Mail readers you all are

Drunken female passenger up before the beak on various charges, including that of having assaulted (and causing injury) three members of CC on BA043 en route to CPT.

Covered by The Press Association and spotted in DM whilst I was waiting in the ‘barber shop’ today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...ys-flight.html

Old May 31, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Whilst we're referring to the Daily Mail:

Kirstie Allsopp hits out at new Love Island contestant Amy Hart after the former British Airways air hostess branded her a 'nightmare' celebrity passenger

Kirstie Allsopp has hit back at Love Island newcomer Amy Hart after she branded her a 'nightmare' plane passenger. The Location, Location, Location host was named and shamed by the 26-year-old former British Airways air hostess, who cited her as her most difficult famous customer ever on a flight.

Amy had claimed Kirstie was 'up and down between business and economy' with her children during the course of a flight, and had to be put in her place. Kirstie famously revealed earlier this year that she won't let her two sons sit in business class with her because they have to learn it's a 'huge treat you've worked hard for'. The star and her partner Ben Andersen have instilled the rule that as soon as the kids were old enough (aged around seven), they have to sit in economy by themselves.

The formercabin crew member divulged she had to have a word with television presenter Kirstie when she worked as a junior cabin crew during her early days at the company. When quizzed about her experiences with celebrity passengers, Amy said: ‘I haven’t had any proper nightmares, the only one was Kirstie Allsopp because she kept going up and down with one kid and then coming back with two. ‘There were lots of spare seats in business class and she kept coming back with two kids, and I was like no if you’ve booked three seats [in business class] then you’ve booked three seats. ‘I was quite junior at the time so it was my manager who told me to, but I had to go over and tell them [that they couldn’t all sit there].’

Speaking out following Amy's allegations, Kirstie said it wasn't wise for the blonde to criticise her peers so publicly. She told HuffPost UK: 'Obviously, what happened with Amy must have been about five years ago – Bay is 12 now so he was probably travelling with his two bigger brothers and was resentful his little brother was still with me and his dad, so was probably going backwards and forwards. 'It literally shows so little empathy for the travelling parent. And also, she’s going to learn the hard way that it’s a lot better when you get on the celeb circuit not to be rude about other people. But oh boy, oh boy, will she learn.' Kirstie concluded: 'I may be completely wrong and I’m prepared to put my head on the block here – and maybe now loads of BA staff will come forward and say I’m the worst passenger on the plane – but I’m going to take the risk and say that Amy might be in the minority.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Amy-Hart.html

Sounds like this could also go in the DYKWIA or Celebs on BA threads
adrianlondon likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Not to mention bad parenting... I honestly don’t understand why some parents decide to leave their kids in a different cabin. I’m not a parent, but am fully aware of how needy they can be at that age.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
Not to mention bad parenting... I honestly don’t understand why some parents decide to leave their kids in a different cabin. I’m not a parent, but am fully aware of how needy they can be at that age.
I disagree, I think children should travel in Y only to appreciate the need to work hard to get out of that misery
RoyalSwazi and no2blues like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I disagree, I think children should travel in Y only to appreciate the need to work hard to get out of that misery
Maybe they should live in her shed until they can afford to pay the rent :-)
RoyalSwazi and m3red like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The adorable Sophia Money Coutts has mentioned a little flying into todays article in the Telegraph. The main part I took away was that she mentioned that you cant have a cappuccino after 11am. I am just a white normal coffee man who gets confused when they start listing al the different types of coffee's in the shop. I always thought the cake was more important than coffee.. But my lesson today is you cant have a cappuccino after 11am. She also mentioned BA in her article today as well. She was flying with a friend using their gold card a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
I pay for family when travelling. The issue here is a very nice trip for 1 or 2 people to say New York or Boston. Done in a nice manner First or Club and a nice hotel is reasonable. When flying with a family the costs dramatically go up. I agree she should lump it with the kids in Y. But then the media will have a go at her for travelling at the back and being cheap.

Parenting isnt cheap and also, having parents isnt cheap..
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/926894...ways-stranded/

BBC Presenter Sophie Morgan claims she was left in her seat for half an hour with crew ignoring her. When they did appear she was told to calm down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.