Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Design of the Silver card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
It's called the Silver card but seems to be made out of plastic. Huge disappointment.
🤣
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Best way to remedy this is to get the status bug and go for gold
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by :D!
A CE boarding pass wasn't sufficient proof of entitlement?
I handed the lounge host our three boarding passes which clearly showed we were seated in Club Europe as well as showing our EC status, both of which gave us lounge access rights. He asked to see our membership cards because we didn’t present a lounge invite. I’m just reporting our experience. YMMV
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Quite a few airports seem to have a system where it is the check in desk that confirms eligibility for lounge access, and then gives pax an invitation card. I have seen a few people arguing with lounge attendants about their status or cabin when they don’t have the invite card for whatever reason.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’ve done a fair bit of CE flying this year and have never had an issue with lounge access, even without status. As mentioned above, I have been given lounge invite at those airports which don’t have BA lounges.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze; ALL Gold
The trouble is that in my experience at MLA having to get an invite from the check in desk is a great time waster if I'm flying HBO as usual, particularly as there seems little discipline in the queueing hordes about observing the sign for the Club/Status desk on the left and no one to police it. So far I've had no trouble getting into the lounge with just a CE BP.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The queuing hordes at MLA seem to be standard ... 3 lines (including CE and Status) , and all very slow! The longest bag-drop we have encountered anywhere, with all 3 lines moving at about the same speed! It seems to be 30 min as standard!

I take your point on having to get the La Valette entry card when HBO, but glad you worked around that.

As for flashing one’s Gold Card, I think the only time I’ve ever produced it from the travel wallet was at some AA lounge in the US ... despite all the relevant info/entitlement being on the BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.