Which lounge to use at Helsinki airport

Old Jan 4, 19, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Which lounge to use at Helsinki airport

Hi,

Does anyone knows which lounge is available for passengers traveling on BA business class at Helsinki airport?

According to OneWorld website, the recommended lounge is [email protected] for BA passengers. What about the Finnair lounge (OneWorld website indicated its for Finnair and JAL)?? I thought BA business class passengers can also access the Finnair lounge as its a member of Oneworld alliance.
Old Jan 4, 19, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I used the Finnair near gate 50 or so. No issues getting in at all.
Old Jan 4, 19, 10:20 am

Beware that the Finnair lounges on the non-Schengen side are being refurbished, and therefore only the Schengen lounge is available (from a oneworld perspective)

The contract lounge on the non-Schengen side is constantly rammed as a result of this.
Old Jan 4, 19, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
They'll direct you to the [email protected] lounge due to capacity issues with their only remaining non-schengen lounge.

I wouldn't bother, it's awful.
Old Jan 4, 19, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have a look at the lounge database which can be found under the dashboard in the sticky threads:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19756458-post12.html
Also see:
Lounge in HEL?
And:
https://www.finnair.com/de/gb/inform...irport/lounges
Old Jan 4, 19, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
As in my recent thread about this exact question that jerry a. laska already linked, I can confirm that the Finnair non-Schengen lounge is available to BA customers flying only on BA795 in the early morning.

As the Finnair lounge fills up during the day and their capacity is limited during the refurb, passengers on BA799 will be denied entry and directed to the [email protected] lounge, which I can imagine is packed, and which (I hear) charges for alcohol.

You could try the Finnair Schengen lounge, which technically you wouldn't be entitled to, but anecdotally some have been able to sweet talk their way into.
Old Jan 4, 19, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Have used the [email protected] and there was no charging for alcohol when visited in November. Beer, wine and proseco was sitting ready for you to pour.
As lounges go it is small, so if your visit coincides with several long haul aircraft it can get crowded but still better than sitting at the gate.
Food when I was there was, soup and salad buffet with bread, and then a hot pasta dish, plus bowls of fruit.
Old Jan 4, 19, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver
[email protected] lounge is fine for a short stay. Really.
Old Jan 4, 19, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Plat Elite
Agreed. [email protected] was OK the two times I had to use it in Nov. As OWE I was simply told the OWE finnair lounge is closed for renovations and I had to use the @home. No mention of capacity but it looked quite rammed.

The @home did not charge for booze...was crammed and hot but I only need a glass or two of wine, once a table freed up. So if you have some time and want to grab a drink or snack, go for it--but it's really nothing remarkable.
Old Mar 13, 19, 8:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
They've stopped letting any BA flight passengers - including codeshare and Sapphire/Emerald cardholders - into the Finnair lounge near Gate 50.

It's now the cramped [email protected] lounge off the side of the duty free (gate 31/32ish). Wasted about 30mins trying to find it.
Old Mar 13, 19, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A quick OT question to those that have been to HEL recently... is the AY lounge open at all even if only to AY passengers?
Old Mar 13, 19, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet View Post
A quick OT question to those that have been to HEL recently... is the AY lounge open at all even if only to AY passengers?
Yes it is (I was there last month flying AY). It should be remaining open, although with limited capacity, throughout the improvement works.
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old May 23, 19, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
New HEL Plaza Premium lounge pictures

As the renovated Finnair lounge is still not open, just thought I would post some pictures of the new Plaza premium lounge in the non-schengen area which is accessible with Priority Pass. It’s a lot more quiet for those of us that get sent to the ‘Almost at Home Lounge’ if you have PP and also closer to the gates.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31130185-post18.html
Old Aug 24, 19, 3:15 am

Programs: FB, BAEC, IHG, Hilton
The one at Gate 50 is now open with both Platinum and business class wings. It's pretty nice and the food is excellent - or was on the Saturday morning I was in. Definitely a cut above First wing in T5. Highly recommend it.
Old Aug 24, 19, 4:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Roryb View Post
The one at Gate 50 is now open with both Platinum and business class wings. It's pretty nice and the food is excellent - or was on the Saturday morning I was in. Definitely a cut above First wing in T5. Highly recommend it.
Luved it, too.. They now clearly state entry only for non shengen flights.. Anyone tried to break this rule yet? Not sure if the rule had always been. I used to use the sauna on London flights, too going thur passport control is easy..?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: