Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jfkeze
Welcome to the thread. This is a continuation of the highly popular 2018 Tier Point thread (found here). We keep track of other prices, as well as useful reference information for those planning tier point runs.

Please read the first few posts in this thread first as it contains lots of information which may answer your question.

This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below.

A new guideline thread for TP meetups has been created on 31 March 2020. If you would like other members to join your TP, or if you want to organize a TP run with other members. Please visit there. From the first few posts over there you could see the active ( confirmed ) TP meetings and the links to their relevant discussion threads, connect with other members and learn the details about the run. Click here to access that thread.

Current Promotions of Interest
Sale Fares
Advanced Promotion Fares

See here in post 9 for a 2019 archive of exEU sale fare, and see this post in the 2018 thread for last years’ archive of exEU sale fares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread lists attractive tier point (TP) runs under Ł3 per TP grouped within different (departure) geographies

Please note that current availability is not guaranteed and all prices include taxes. Please use the following convention when adding tier point runs to this wiki post:
Date fare checked Price per Tier Point Total Price Total Tier Points Route Booking Classes Booking Channel Credit Notes (if applicable) Airlines

Please remember to:
  • Convert currencies to GBP, rounding to the nearest pound.
  • Post full routes and full booking classes.
  • Note any restrictions on booking in the Notes section.
  • List in order of price per tier point within the relevant departure area.

Please see the links at the bottom of the wiki for archives of runs from previous years.

From Europe

15 Oct Ł0.96/TP Ł154 160 TPs LHR-SOF (2021 dates)
24 Feb Ł1.90/TP Ł152 80TP MAD-FRA Z/Z LA (available Feb-Mar 2019, immediate turnarounds possible)
10 Aug Ł2.06/TP Ł329 160TP LHR-MAD-RAK RAK-MAD-LHR I/I/I/I IB (available August, Sat night stay) BA.com, note hotels on offer until 26 March
3 Jul Ł2.99/TP Ł2,758.45 920TP DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-DUB J/I/I/I/I/I/I/J Fare basis INX4C3S4 and INN4C1S4. Booked on AA via ITA Matrix Powertools script
18 Dec Ł1.90/TP Ł1370 720TP DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS-LAX-JFK-LHR-DUB All I class Flights 25 December to 31 March 2020, transatlantic Mon to Thur. Offer to 18 Dec. ITA details booked by TA Propeller
27 Apr Ł2.29/TP Ł640TP BEG-DOH-KUL-PEN-KUL-DOH-BEG I / I / I / I / I / I Fare IJR2R1RE Bookable on QR.com

From North, Central and South America
10Jan Ł1.52/TP Ł668 440tp JFK-BOS/CLT-LAX-LAS-LAX-BOS/CLT-JFK I / I / I / I / I / I HPN-HRL AA (find with ITA; probably have to book via a TA)
12Apr Ł0.90/TP Ł215 240tp DCA-ORD-CLT-RDU-CLT-ORD-DCA I/I/I/I/I/I/I AA Found with ITA, booked on the AA site with BookWithMatrix
23Apr Ł 0.76/TP Ł 182 240TP DCA-PHL-CLT-RDU-CLT-ORD-DCA I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools
24Apr Ł 1.04/TP Ł 459 440TP YVR-LAX-CLT-ATL-CLT-LAX-YVR I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools
23May Ł 0.70/TP Ł 169 240TP EWR-ORD-CLT-RDU-CLT-DFW-EWR I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools
24Jun Ł 0.52/TP Ł 128 240TP LAX-DFW-PHX-SJC-PHX-DFW-LAX I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools

From Middle East, Asia and Australasia

04/01 Ł0.95/TP Ł479 560tp AUH-CMB-CGK-CMB-AUH I / I / I / I cgtechuk UL
1FEB Ł1.49/TP Ł1,673 1,120tp PER-SYD-SIN-TYO-BKK Return (All book in I Class) timcjp BA (Ticket sold by BA, flights are on QF, BA & JL and lie flat seats available for all sectors)
23/04 Ł2.07/TP Ł2,112 1020TP CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-DFW-ORD-LHR-CAI I/R here (All flights must be BA numbered)

From Africa
04/01 Ł1.80/TP Ł721 400tp CPT-JNB-GRU-JNB-DUR-CPT I / Z / Z / I / I ubiest LA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need a year-end TP run (ex-LON) to make / retain status?
Some tips for searching for the year-end TP run for newcomers, the below is indicative only, but hopefully provides a bit of guidance for relatively straightforward runs ex-LON. Some information on how to use ITA matrix is in post 4 of this thread (or just click here) along with these ideas, might come in handy. Feel free to share results, problems or general questions in the thread as these may not always work and there might be better deals out there...

For overnight trips remember to check BA and Iberia for their flights and hotel option as well, can get hotel for almost no extra cost at times

Need 80 TPs or fewer
Club Europe return somewhere close by is best - DUB, AMS and JER usually cheapest along with UK domestic returns. Additionally you may find that trips in to mainland Europe require a one night stay whereas the cheapest domestic CE returns do not have any minimum stay so can be booked as a same day return. If doing a back to back AMS and JER can be easier than DUB for an immediate turnaround - more information can be found in the back to back thread listed in the forum dashboard. The BA.com low fare finder can be very useful.

If you need as few as 45 TPs you might consider booking economy flights and hoping for a proactive online upgrade offer - but they're not guaranteed to materialise (so not one if you have no more time left in your TP collection year). Alternatively, booking a return to one of the 40 tier point destinations with one way in CE and the return in ET (or vice versa if cheaper). UK domestic route, Bilbao, Jersey and Amsterdam seem the most cost effective for this.

Need 85-120 TPs
Iberia flights via MAD to regional Spanish airports will get you 120 TPs as the domestic Spanish flights are 20 TPs in business. Under Ł300 including hotel can be available. Check BIO, GRX, VLC, BCN, SVQ etc. Example here

Need 125-160 TPs
Take a look at the shorthaul plus routes earning 80 TPs each way in business listed in the first post of this thread (here), MLA, IST, HEL and RAK are usually available. If time sensitive take a look at BA flight and hotel option to HEL, where you can usually get the BA flight out on a Saturday, airport hotel and return on Sunday for well under Ł500.

Alternative options include positioning to JER and flying JER-LGW-XXX (AMS usually works well and avoids switching airports).

Need more than 160 TPs
You'll most likely be heading north then - OSL or VNO via HEL will get you 240 TPs, as will JER-LGW/LHR-HEL e.g. LHR-HEL-OSL for Ł520.
DUB-LHR-HEL return (or return to LHR) is currently a very efficient way of hitting 200-240 TPs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Historic information
2018 Archive
2017 Archive
2016 Archive
2015 Archive (6 months Jul to Dec)
2015 Archive (6 months Jan to Jun)
2014 Archive

Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Xonus
Be careful with this one - we booked a trip 3 days ago - got a "confirmed booking", but no money was taken for the trip. It was booked using ITA Matrix Power tools on AA/Amadeus (in Euro) as LAX-JFK-HEL-CPH (and return). After a couple days I got a bit worried they had not charged the amount (the system did a $1 test transaction, but nothing more), and called AA to check.

It wasn't ticketed, and AA simply cannot find a way to ticket the booking now. They say "it must be through a travel agent", however I printed the page when I booked - and it's 100% from AA with their logos and their URL, but it gave a BA booking reference. They can find the booking but no way to ticket it. I spent 2 hours with AA (and BA) on the phone, and it seems there is simply no way to pay for it and get ticketed.

(In all this mess, someone at AA have also managed to delete one of the legs on the return, but whatever - I've given up)
I had this last year - I think it was said to be an issue with trying to book through AA EU without having any AA flight numbers on the booking. The AA EU site is apparently a skin for Amadeus - so it doesn't seem to communicate with SABRE if there are no AA flight numbers to book [all legs were AA metal]. I spent ages on the phone trying to convince them that it was an AA booking [they claimed it was BA, even with BA on the phone at the same time telling them the truth]. It was eventually honoured, though they switched all the flight numbers to AA despite me explicitly asking for BA [part Y itin, so the BA numbers would have gotten me more TP/Avios].

Then a couple of weeks later it was randomly cancelled - and I again spent a while convincing them to reinstate it...!
Xonus likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I had the same issue with the AA EU booking engine through ITA powertools. Best to straight ticket if possible on AA US site
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), Hilton HHonors (Gold)
Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for a TP-run starting in MAN that will accumulate 220 TPs. I have looked through the wiki / sticky but cannot see if there are any current deals / runs. Any advice on a MAN-based TP run for 220 (or just above) would be appreciated?

I am relatively flexible but needs to completed by start of September.

Many thanks in advance,

NV
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by northernvilla
Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for a TP-run starting in MAN that will accumulate 220 TPs. I have looked through the wiki / sticky but cannot see if there are any current deals / runs. Any advice on a MAN-based TP run for 220 (or just above) would be appreciated?

I am relatively flexible but needs to completed by start of September.

Many thanks in advance,

NV
What have you found so far?

Look at MAN->LUX->AMS->MAN on google flights. Something like that should work for about 200 TP. You have to do some of the spadework yourself. Find good dates using a MAN->LUX return, then build up from there.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:39 am

This seems to work for 240 TP, Ł470 but anyones guess if it'll still work when you type it into the BA multi flights tool. Basically use the idea trying different destinations, UK and Europe. Lux is usually quite cheap, could also try leeds Bradford, ams, brussels, Dublin etc.

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...10*2.GBP.46910
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:43 am

Or this is quite a nice one where you can go home instead of needing a hotel for some of the legs.

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...46*2.GBP.47446
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:52 am

Or mix and match, timings not great but down to 2tp Ł

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...68*2.GBP.44568

Basically riff on these ideas and see what you can find. You have now learned how to fish.
sahajesh and flashware like this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:31 am

I've been meaning to see if I can find a cheap hotel near MAN for options like that. I can't get up there early enough for the flights, but could stay over the night before.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Centurion, HH Diam
Originally Posted by etiene
I had this last year - I think it was said to be an issue with trying to book through AA EU without having any AA flight numbers on the booking. The AA EU site is apparently a skin for Amadeus - so it doesn't seem to communicate with SABRE if there are no AA flight numbers to book [all legs were AA metal]. I spent ages on the phone trying to convince them that it was an AA booking [they claimed it was BA, even with BA on the phone at the same time telling them the truth]. It was eventually honoured, though they switched all the flight numbers to AA despite me explicitly asking for BA [part Y itin, so the BA numbers would have gotten me more TP/Avios].

Then a couple of weeks later it was randomly cancelled - and I again spent a while convincing them to reinstate it...!
Sounds VERY likely as I went with BA/AY numbers as well, and the AAgent kept insisting it was a BA booked flight (and BA saying 'hogwash'). So - moral is: Make DAMN sure there is at least one normal AA flight number in there.
Thanks for the post - very useful.
etiene likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:16 pm

Hi, I'm looking at booking one of the INV/LAS fares, but want to put in long layover (22 hours) in New York.

Do a return trip with a long padconnect - and it prices up between 1300-1400, but this means long layovers on all the hops

If I do a multi trip 1. INV/LHR/JFK, 2. JFK/LAX/LAS. 3. LAS/LAX/JFK/LHR/INV (no layover on the return) , the price rockets - even if I keep the layover pretty short.

Am I doing it right? Are there sometimes restrictions on the fare that prevents it being considered a separate leg.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA
Does anyone know of any short but sweat tier point runs from LAX? I only need 240TP's, so 6 J/F legs but I need to do it all in one day.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Thanks for this. Anyone got an insight into good routes that tend to work for a LAS originated TP run to nest into this?

How can I book this fare? Is it still valid? This is the exact number of TP I need to hit gold.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LGWClosedAgain
Does anyone know of any short but sweat tier point runs from LAX? I only need 240TP's, so 6 J/F legs but I need to do it all in one day.
Something like a one-way to SFO or SAN. (1 leg) Then a return to LAS via LAX (4 legs). Then another one way back to LAX. Might be doable in one day with an early start although it's hard to be sure with AA whether your incoming plane will immediately turn back around to where you came from.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:44 am

How would 1 do the INV-LAS TP run with a HEL shuffle?
basically I'm looking to do the run 1)I'm looking to maximise the run to as many TP points as possible 2) as quick as possible i do NOT wanna stay in Vegas for a week (1 night is just fine for me )
any help out there please?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Can anyone find baby bus for TATL on INV-LAS deal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.