FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1949126-ba-tier-point-runs-2019-20-edition.html)

anonymous_third_party Jan 6, 2019 7:43 am

Looking for help to get a decent route for 280 TPs. Based in HKG. Tried looking for cheap Malaysian flights but struggling to find any. Need to travel before May - so quite flexible

hugh2 Jan 6, 2019 7:45 am

Originally Posted by IAANN (Post 30617216)
B2B to HNL 🤣🤣
How many TPs and Avios you'll get?

TP 920
40500 Avios approx, because it's ticketed on AA, think I'd get more of there were some BA flight numbers

binman Jan 6, 2019 8:21 am

To use a voucher you will need to call AA. It’s a simple process but on line you won’t becable to put booking on hold as the first sector is BA. Call them tell them what you want and they book. You then send voucher to them in Liverpool and the ticket is issued. Brilliant service a really straightforward.

alternatively take vouchervto LHR and book at ticket desk. I have gone both

Physci Jan 6, 2019 8:51 am

Originally Posted by hugh2 (Post 30617261)
TP 920
40500 Avios approx, because it's ticketed on AA, think I'd get more of there were some BA flight numbers

if your positioning flights are in CE then becomes 1,000 in total - I did this same routing (and similar timing) at the end of November.

Nephoi Jan 6, 2019 9:04 am

Originally Posted by IAANN (Post 30617216)
B2B to HNL 🤣🤣
How many TPs and Avios you'll get?

any chance to get this in october? does anybody know anything?

KARFA Jan 6, 2019 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Nephoi (Post 30617495)
any chance to get this in october? does anybody know anything?

for the AMS-Hawaii fare

PERMITTED
20NOV THROUGH 26NOV OR
18DEC THROUGH 01JAN OR
01JUL THROUGH 31AUG
ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 04 JAN 19 AND ON/BEFORE 31 JAN 19.

Nephoi Jan 6, 2019 9:18 am

*cries*

teledude Jan 6, 2019 9:20 am

The AMS HNL fare wont price on AA.... comes back at 2k. Looking on EF the base fare is alot higher than ITA is showing :(

likethis Jan 6, 2019 9:45 am

Please could someone help work out the max TP possible on an LHR->SYD return? I’ve read the wiki here but some of the links seem to be broken, and it seems both ITAMatrix and Google flights don’t help with finding cheapest positioning (if that’s the right term) anymore. I can now (thankfully) fly J, and can upgrade to F on my own dime/avios. I’m hoping there’s a way with 5 return flights I can just make CCR somehow. (I make four trips a year, but can just fit in 5 within a tier point hear).

Before the change in work policy, I was just on way to gold with LHR->PER->SYD in Y (190 TP each way x 2 x 4 trips = 1520). Wondering if, say, an extra stop in DOH or a well placed positioning flight, combined with J travel, may be enough.

KARFA Jan 6, 2019 9:50 am

Originally Posted by marcosscriven (Post 30617623)
I’ve read the wiki here but some of the links seem to be broken..,

Apologies for this marcosscriven. I thought I had sorted all the links out in this new thread, but I may have missed some. Which ones aren’t working?

Cheapskate22 Jan 6, 2019 9:58 am

Not quite the HNL fare but I booked this itinerary yesterday. £1650 for 620 TPs ... £2.66 per TP.

Gets me where I need to be for the different dates, I couldn't get the return transcon with the few months stopover in NYC (where I live) without the price jumping. I don't know if anyone else can make this more efficient or fit in that transcon? (Flying SFO - NYC on 5th or 6th May)

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1e1f27c7e1.png

likethis Jan 6, 2019 9:59 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30617637)

Apologies for this marcosscriven. I thought I had sorted all the links out in this new thread, but I may have missed some. Which ones aren’t working?

Sorry KARFA - didn’t mean this to sound like a moan. I just had a scan through and can’t find them now, sorry. This was last night, so maybe you’ve fixed since. One thing I did see again was the text “Some information on how to use ITA matrix is in post #X of this thread ([post=XXXX]or just click here[/post])”

Some updated guidance on itamatrix no longer working on multiple departure countries would be much appreciated.

Thanks for all your efforts in the guide.

teledude Jan 6, 2019 9:59 am

Originally Posted by marcosscriven (Post 30617623)
Please could someone help work out the max TP possible on an LHR->SYD return? I’ve read the wiki here but some of the links seem to be broken, and it seems both ITAMmatrix and Google flights don’t help with finding cheapest positioning (if that’s the right term) anymore. I can now (thankfully) fly J, and can upgrade to F on my own dime/avios. I’m hoping there’s a way with 5 return flights I can just make CCR somehow. (I make four trips a year, but can just fit in 5 within a tier point hear).

Before the change in work policy, I was just on way to gold with LHR->PER->SYD in Y (190 TP each way x 2 x 4 trips = 1520). Wondering if, say, an extra stop in DOH or a well placed positioning flight, combined with J travel, may be enough.

LHR-SIN-SYD would be 160+140 each way - so 600. But you need to swap planes in SIN and not take BA15/16 to maximise TPs.

LHR-DXB-BKK-SIN-PER-SYD on QF codes would net you 1160 so 5 returns would make you pass 5k TP - you would need the BA qualifying segments however.

cgtechuk Jan 6, 2019 10:01 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 30615386)
Last year UL also had a bunch of such great return fares to AUH / DOH / MCT from the other way round, i.e. originating CGK. This year I can't find them anymore. Are they no longer available ex CGK or am I just not looking where I should?

They occasionally have exCGK deals but not this time. Although in fairness it has never been as cheap as it is just now so balances out. I think it's seasonal.

KARFA Jan 6, 2019 10:46 am

Originally Posted by marcosscriven (Post 30617660)

Sorry KARFA - didn’t mean this to sound like a moan. I just had a scan through and can’t find them now, sorry. This was last night, so maybe you’ve fixed since. One thing I did see again was the text “Some information on how to use ITA matrix is in post #X of this thread ([post=XXXX]or just click here[/post])”

Some updated guidance on itamatrix no longer working on multiple departure countries would be much appreciated.

Thanks for all your efforts in the guide.

hi. No problem, I didn’t take it as a moan at all. :)

Thanks for spotting it and I’ll fix it when I have a moment.