Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jfkeze
Welcome to the thread. This is a continuation of the highly popular 2018 Tier Point thread (found here). We keep track of other prices, as well as useful reference information for those planning tier point runs.

Please read the first few posts in this thread first as it contains lots of information which may answer your question.

This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below.

A new guideline thread for TP meetups has been created on 31 March 2020. If you would like other members to join your TP, or if you want to organize a TP run with other members. Please visit there. From the first few posts over there you could see the active ( confirmed ) TP meetings and the links to their relevant discussion threads, connect with other members and learn the details about the run. Click here to access that thread.

Current Promotions of Interest
Sale Fares
Advanced Promotion Fares

See here in post 9 for a 2019 archive of exEU sale fare, and see this post in the 2018 thread for last years’ archive of exEU sale fares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread lists attractive tier point (TP) runs under £3 per TP grouped within different (departure) geographies

Please note that current availability is not guaranteed and all prices include taxes. Please use the following convention when adding tier point runs to this wiki post:
Date fare checked Price per Tier Point Total Price Total Tier Points Route Booking Classes Booking Channel Credit Notes (if applicable) Airlines

Please remember to:
  • Convert currencies to GBP, rounding to the nearest pound.
  • Post full routes and full booking classes.
  • Note any restrictions on booking in the Notes section.
  • List in order of price per tier point within the relevant departure area.

Please see the links at the bottom of the wiki for archives of runs from previous years.

From Europe

15 Oct £0.96/TP £154 160 TPs LHR-SOF (2021 dates)
24 Feb £1.90/TP £152 80TP MAD-FRA Z/Z LA (available Feb-Mar 2019, immediate turnarounds possible)
10 Aug £2.06/TP £329 160TP LHR-MAD-RAK RAK-MAD-LHR I/I/I/I IB (available August, Sat night stay) BA.com, note hotels on offer until 26 March
3 Jul £2.99/TP £2,758.45 920TP DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-DUB J/I/I/I/I/I/I/J Fare basis INX4C3S4 and INN4C1S4. Booked on AA via ITA Matrix Powertools script
18 Dec £1.90/TP £1370 720TP DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS-LAX-JFK-LHR-DUB All I class Flights 25 December to 31 March 2020, transatlantic Mon to Thur. Offer to 18 Dec. ITA details booked by TA Propeller
27 Apr £2.29/TP £640TP BEG-DOH-KUL-PEN-KUL-DOH-BEG I / I / I / I / I / I Fare IJR2R1RE Bookable on QR.com

From North, Central and South America
10Jan £1.52/TP £668 440tp JFK-BOS/CLT-LAX-LAS-LAX-BOS/CLT-JFK I / I / I / I / I / I HPN-HRL AA (find with ITA; probably have to book via a TA)
12Apr £0.90/TP £215 240tp DCA-ORD-CLT-RDU-CLT-ORD-DCA I/I/I/I/I/I/I AA Found with ITA, booked on the AA site with BookWithMatrix
23Apr £ 0.76/TP £ 182 240TP DCA-PHL-CLT-RDU-CLT-ORD-DCA I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools
24Apr £ 1.04/TP £ 459 440TP YVR-LAX-CLT-ATL-CLT-LAX-YVR I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools
23May £ 0.70/TP £ 169 240TP EWR-ORD-CLT-RDU-CLT-DFW-EWR I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools
24Jun £ 0.52/TP £ 128 240TP LAX-DFW-PHX-SJC-PHX-DFW-LAX I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools

From Middle East, Asia and Australasia

04/01 £0.95/TP £479 560tp AUH-CMB-CGK-CMB-AUH I / I / I / I cgtechuk UL
1FEB £1.49/TP £1,673 1,120tp PER-SYD-SIN-TYO-BKK Return (All book in I Class) timcjp BA (Ticket sold by BA, flights are on QF, BA & JL and lie flat seats available for all sectors)
23/04 £2.07/TP £2,112 1020TP CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-DFW-ORD-LHR-CAI I/R here (All flights must be BA numbered)

From Africa
04/01 £1.80/TP £721 400tp CPT-JNB-GRU-JNB-DUR-CPT I / Z / Z / I / I ubiest LA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need a year-end TP run (ex-LON) to make / retain status?
Some tips for searching for the year-end TP run for newcomers, the below is indicative only, but hopefully provides a bit of guidance for relatively straightforward runs ex-LON. Some information on how to use ITA matrix is in post 4 of this thread (or just click here) along with these ideas, might come in handy. Feel free to share results, problems or general questions in the thread as these may not always work and there might be better deals out there...

For overnight trips remember to check BA and Iberia for their flights and hotel option as well, can get hotel for almost no extra cost at times

Need 80 TPs or fewer
Club Europe return somewhere close by is best - DUB, AMS and JER usually cheapest along with UK domestic returns. Additionally you may find that trips in to mainland Europe require a one night stay whereas the cheapest domestic CE returns do not have any minimum stay so can be booked as a same day return. If doing a back to back AMS and JER can be easier than DUB for an immediate turnaround - more information can be found in the back to back thread listed in the forum dashboard. The BA.com low fare finder can be very useful.

If you need as few as 45 TPs you might consider booking economy flights and hoping for a proactive online upgrade offer - but they're not guaranteed to materialise (so not one if you have no more time left in your TP collection year). Alternatively, booking a return to one of the 40 tier point destinations with one way in CE and the return in ET (or vice versa if cheaper). UK domestic route, Bilbao, Jersey and Amsterdam seem the most cost effective for this.

Need 85-120 TPs
Iberia flights via MAD to regional Spanish airports will get you 120 TPs as the domestic Spanish flights are 20 TPs in business. Under £300 including hotel can be available. Check BIO, GRX, VLC, BCN, SVQ etc. Example here

Need 125-160 TPs
Take a look at the shorthaul plus routes earning 80 TPs each way in business listed in the first post of this thread (here), MLA, IST, HEL and RAK are usually available. If time sensitive take a look at BA flight and hotel option to HEL, where you can usually get the BA flight out on a Saturday, airport hotel and return on Sunday for well under £500.

Alternative options include positioning to JER and flying JER-LGW-XXX (AMS usually works well and avoids switching airports).

Need more than 160 TPs
You'll most likely be heading north then - OSL or VNO via HEL will get you 240 TPs, as will JER-LGW/LHR-HEL e.g. LHR-HEL-OSL for £520.
DUB-LHR-HEL return (or return to LHR) is currently a very efficient way of hitting 200-240 TPs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Historic information
2018 Archive
2017 Archive
2016 Archive
2015 Archive (6 months Jul to Dec)
2015 Archive (6 months Jan to Jun)
2014 Archive

Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:08 am

Tier point confusion

Hello,

Could someone please explain to me how the exec club tier point system works in layman terms!!?

I am currently Silver which I achieved in March earlier this year.

My tier points reset on 08 Aug.

My card expires on 30 Sept.

My question is how long do I retain Silver for?

When do I have to reach 600 tier points by to retain Silver?

Hope that makes sense!

confused.com

Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:11 am

I'm thinking of repositioning to Europe and taking advantage of one of these fun flights here, but if there are flights ex-Doha that would be even better.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by hula1973
Hello,

Could someone please explain to me how the exec club tier point system works in layman terms!!?

Hope that makes sense!

confused.com

Hi,

If you acheived Silver in March 2019 and your tier points reset on 8th Aug you will have silver status until 8 Aug 2020. ( silver benefits will be until Sep 2020)

You have to get to 600 tps by 8 August 2020 now to retain Silver .
Regards

TBS
jcmurray and hula1973 like this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:20 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
There's a thread with everything you need to know and the post to begin with is: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30593331-post4.html

I am currently Silver which I achieved in March [...]. [...] My tier points reset on 08 Aug.
[...]

Your Silver benefits will expire at the end of September 2020, unless you earn 600 TPs (and take four qualifying flights) between 9 August 2019 and 8 August 2020 OR (very quickly) between 9 August 2020 and 30 September 2020.
hula1973 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hello,

If you achieved Silver in last TP year, then you remain silver until 30th September 2020. Your collection year is 9th August to 8th August, but your status remains until the end of the following month. You get status for the year you achieve it, and the whole following year. So on the 9th August 19 your TP will have reset to 0, you're in the new collection year, but your status remains until 30th September. Having achieved status in the year ending 19, you keep it for the year ending 20.

It's all here, along with lots of other really useful stuff BA Forum Dashboard can't say enough good things about Dashboard, the BA threads are really well maintained and administrated. I'm not sure this really belongs in the TP run thread, and it's a huge help when looking back on things to try and be on topic.
hula1973 likes this.

Last edited by dougzz; Aug 24, 2019 at 3:21 am Reason: Too slow. Question answered
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by dougzz
If you achieved Silver in last TP year, then you remain silver until 30th September 2020. Your collection year is 9th August to 8th August, but your status remains until the end of the following month. You get status for the year you achieve it, and the whole following year. So on the 9th August 19 your TP will have reset to 0, you're in the new collection year, but your status remains until 30th September. Having achieved status in the year ending 19, you keep it for the year ending 20.

It's all here, along with lots of other really useful stuff BA Forum Dashboard can't say enough good things about Dashboard, the BA threads are really well maintained and administrated. I'm not sure this really belongs in the TP run thread, and it's a huge help when looking back on things to try and be on topic.

Thanks for your replies - sorry for the wrong thread!
dougzz and Nephoi like this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by lazarus89
Looking for advice on getting the 325TP (ideally in one go...) and four qualifying flights I need in order to make Silver before December 8th.

I'm in Doha, for what it's worth. I need to be back in Los Angeles at some point in mid October, so the ability to roll the TP run into that particular trip would be very, very valuable. Thanks in advance for any advice.
See if this helps you. It's a list of every One World flight just over 2000 miles. In business, each way, it's 140 TP.
Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to external websites. Search the internet for "every-oneworld-flight-just-over-2000-miles"
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Looking for advice on getting the 325TP (ideally in one go...) and four qualifying flights I need in order to make Silver before December 8th.

I'm in Doha, for what it's worth. I need to be back in Los Angeles at some point in mid October, so the ability to roll the TP run into that particular trip would be very, very valuable. Thanks in advance for any advice.
DOH-BA-LHR-BA-LAX in WTP (premium economy) would get you your 4 qualifying flights and 360 TP (or 560 TP in Business / 840 TP in First) - do you even need to do a TP run?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:45 am

The return from LAX needs to be on QR740 (I'm transporting a frail-ish animal on that trip, and I don't think it's going to be able to take a connection)...

Last edited by lazarus89; Aug 25, 2019 at 6:26 am
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I just booked an OTP-PHX run for next July as part of a planned trip to the US.

Day 1: OTP-LHR-HEL
Day 2: HEL-LHR-BOS-PHX (including the Finnair A350)
Day 10: PHX-PHL-LHR
Day 11: LHR-HEL (A350)
Day 12: HEL-LHR-OTP (including A350)

1,040 TPs for 1,862€ (£1,690), or £1.62 per TP

More expensive than a similar trip last year, thanks to the fall in the value of Sterling, but still a good price.

(For newbies: OTP is Bucharest, HEL is Helsinki, BOS is Boston, PHX is Phoenix, PHL is Philadelphia)

Bear in mind that you'll need positioning flights and hotels in Bucharest and Helsinki in each direction.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Amazing trip..
I was pretty proud about mine already.

I found a BA fare.. Not AA this time for 1500 pounds.
OTP lhr jfk lax phx
Phx lax lhr otp
Where I got BA directly to use my guf2 for lhr jfk and lax lhr return for my partner and me.
So the first lax flight full flat in C. And the other on 1a and k 747.. No surcharge for the guf and the first time for me to book into revenue class thru ba.
Should give 800tp and very much fun.
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
And note there is a new Hilton Garden Inn Airport hotel at OTP which will make it much easier especially if youre on the late flight in and the early one back to London.

I did this with the shuffle this year and had a blast. Enjoy. 👍
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
And note there is a new Hilton Garden Inn Airport hotel at OTP which will make it much easier especially if youre on the late flight in and the early one back to London.
Thanks. I'd seen this mentioned in a previous post, too, and was intending to check it out. I'm guessing (hoping) that the rates for next July haven't been loaded yet, as the HGI is unavailable for my dates and the Vienna House, for which I paid €50 last year, is currently asking €205. If all else fails I'll stay in the city, as I'll be positioning by train from Berlin.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Misco60
Thanks. I'd seen this mentioned in a previous post, if all else fails I'll stay in the city, as I'll be positioning by train from Berlin.
I enjoy the city every time.. I luv to stay at the athenee Hilton. Super great staff, nice upgrades..
And I luv the restaurants and atmosphere around.

By train from Berlin? Wow. That's quite a journey.
Better than Ryan Air I guess. That def. The downside for me as well to position to otp
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
The return from LAX needs to be on QR740 (I'm transporting a frail-ish animal on that trip, and I don't think it's going to be able to take a connection)...
OK, I can understand that.

However, then there is not much use to trying to get in a TP run from LAX, as you won't be able to get your 4 qualifying flights in unless you go from LAX to Europe and back. [It is not possible to earn qualifying flights flying on AA metal solely on a domestic USA ticket.] If you want to earn BA Silver, you need to get 4 flights where each flight segment is either on Iberia (metal & flight #) or on BA (metal or (flight # & OneWorld metal)). If you don't want your animal to experience a transfer at LHR you will probably have to fly to Europe on a separate trip.

[I thought you might be able to route your LAX trip DOH-LHR-(somewhere in the Eastern USA)-LAX//LAX-DOH on a BA ticket, but it looks like BA does not code-share on the LAX-DOH flight.].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.