FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1949126-ba-tier-point-runs-2019-20-edition.html)

Nephoi Jul 15, 2019 2:44 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter (Post 31304545)
Sweet, thanks! Finnair next time probably :D

i had the BA 1 service two weeks, it was nice. BA2 is on my list

747jetter Jul 15, 2019 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Nephoi (Post 31304547)
i had the BA 1 service two weeks, it was nice. BA2 is on my list

Not that I would have high expectations even BA service has been always nice imo but just for the novelty :D

Nephoi Jul 15, 2019 2:49 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter (Post 31304553)
Not that I would have high expectations even BA service has been always nice imo but just for the novelty :D

either this service is really awesome or i am easy to satisfy. or both... my experience is: almost everything depends on the flight crew. it was my 3rd longhaul C flight (others were old 777 JFK-LHR and American 773 Business)

ringingup Jul 15, 2019 3:00 am

Is there any more interesting routing that I could take? It's already a lot of flights, so I'm not necessarily looking into adding new segments. But what about in terms of operating airlines, aircraft and cabins?

ITA Matrix is showing an option with Aer Lingus via DUB or SNN (which would mean trying the A321 LR), but I cannot seem to be able to price it anywhere.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c59a837a90.png

LCSinTexas Jul 15, 2019 3:34 am

Can you please confirm if you received Avios and TPs for each piece of BA1, or does it just count as one flight when getting to miles and TPs?

KARFA Jul 15, 2019 3:37 am

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas (Post 31304633)
Can you please confirm if you received Avios and TPs for each piece of BA1, or does it just count as one flight when getting to miles and TPs?

the westbound (which is the one that stops in SNN) counts as one flight so LCY-JFK and you get 140 TP.

duvin Jul 15, 2019 4:49 am

Originally Posted by ubiest (Post 31302590)

there’s two routes in there, the
CDG-LAX is 2x(40+80+140+140) = 800 TP
CDG-DFW is 2x(40+80+140+40+40) = 640 TP

Ahh... stupidly looked at it on my mobile - my apologies!

ringingup Jul 15, 2019 10:54 am

What are my options to purchase this before midnight?

I can get to AA from Matrix using the chrome extension, but on the payment page I cannot change the country of issue of my card. If I do, I get redirected to an "error page".

BA over the phone won't quote itineraries with AA flight numbers if they are operated by BA..

rossmacd Jul 15, 2019 10:57 am

Originally Posted by ringingup (Post 31305820)

I can get to AA from Matrix using the chrome extension, but on the payment page I cannot change the country of issue of my card. If I do, I get redirected to an "error page".

Just leave it as the US site (I assume you get to the US site). Input 10001* as the zip code, and any random address (you can even use most of your own if you wish). Yes, you may get foreign transaction fees but the clock is ticking on this fare....

*other US postcodes are available - 90210 is another favourite ;)

ringingup Jul 15, 2019 11:14 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 31305825)
Just leave it as the US site (I assume you get to the US site). Input 10001* as the zip code, and any random address (you can even use most of your own if you wish). Yes, you may get foreign transaction fees but the clock is ticking on this fare....

*other US postcodes are available - 90210 is another favourite ;)

fantastic, thank you! When would the fare be taken offline?

armouredant Jul 15, 2019 11:20 am

Originally Posted by ringingup (Post 31305820)

BA over the phone won't quote itineraries with AA flight numbers if they are operated by BA..

when the power tools load up, hit settings at the top right, find “American Edition” in the middle, click it til it changes to UK. Then start your search.

rossmacd Jul 15, 2019 11:21 am

Originally Posted by ringingup (Post 31305891)

fantastic, thank you! When would the fare be taken offline?

No worries :) The fare expires today, so could be any time up to midnight local (French) time in reality. However, as we have seen many, many times before, it could be pulled earlier if the airlines are happy with the number of sales on this fare before the expiry time.

ringingup Jul 15, 2019 3:38 pm

I couldn’t get powertools to take me to the UK website but I’ve managed to book on the US site using the Beverly Hills postcode :)

The outbound is showing on ba.com already without me having to do anything, but I don’t know how the get the BA PNR for the BA segment of the inbound. AA issued, BA metal, IB flight number.

bisonrav Jul 16, 2019 12:23 am

The easiest way is to contact BA on twitter and PM them your AA record locator, they can give you an equivalent PNR.

An AA issued BA operated IB flight number is a bit of a devil's cocktail whatever you do. Can be very difficult to assign a seat as in my experience none of the systems know what to do. If so, twitter may be able to help, or try the gold line.

KARFA Jul 16, 2019 1:02 am

Originally Posted by ringingup (Post 31306915)
The outbound is showing on ba.com already without me having to do anything, but I don’t know how the get the BA PNR for the BA segment of the inbound. AA issued, BA metal, IB flight number.

There is a method to get the ba PNR in the reference post 7 of the thread. Often if your BAEC number is in at least one ba PNR will automatically appear in your future bookings list on your BAEC page.