Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jfkeze
Welcome to the thread. This is a continuation of the highly popular 2018 Tier Point thread (found here). We keep track of other prices, as well as useful reference information for those planning tier point runs.

Please read the first few posts in this thread first as it contains lots of information which may answer your question.

This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below.

A new guideline thread for TP meetups has been created on 31 March 2020. If you would like other members to join your TP, or if you want to organize a TP run with other members. Please visit there. From the first few posts over there you could see the active ( confirmed ) TP meetings and the links to their relevant discussion threads, connect with other members and learn the details about the run. Click here to access that thread.

Current Promotions of Interest
Sale Fares
Advanced Promotion Fares

See here in post 9 for a 2019 archive of exEU sale fare, and see this post in the 2018 thread for last years’ archive of exEU sale fares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread lists attractive tier point (TP) runs under Ł3 per TP grouped within different (departure) geographies

Please note that current availability is not guaranteed and all prices include taxes. Please use the following convention when adding tier point runs to this wiki post:
Date fare checked Price per Tier Point Total Price Total Tier Points Route Booking Classes Booking Channel Credit Notes (if applicable) Airlines

Please remember to:
  • Convert currencies to GBP, rounding to the nearest pound.
  • Post full routes and full booking classes.
  • Note any restrictions on booking in the Notes section.
  • List in order of price per tier point within the relevant departure area.

Please see the links at the bottom of the wiki for archives of runs from previous years.

From Europe

15 Oct Ł0.96/TP Ł154 160 TPs LHR-SOF (2021 dates)
24 Feb Ł1.90/TP Ł152 80TP MAD-FRA Z/Z LA (available Feb-Mar 2019, immediate turnarounds possible)
10 Aug Ł2.06/TP Ł329 160TP LHR-MAD-RAK RAK-MAD-LHR I/I/I/I IB (available August, Sat night stay) BA.com, note hotels on offer until 26 March
3 Jul Ł2.99/TP Ł2,758.45 920TP DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-DUB J/I/I/I/I/I/I/J Fare basis INX4C3S4 and INN4C1S4. Booked on AA via ITA Matrix Powertools script
18 Dec Ł1.90/TP Ł1370 720TP DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS-LAX-JFK-LHR-DUB All I class Flights 25 December to 31 March 2020, transatlantic Mon to Thur. Offer to 18 Dec. ITA details booked by TA Propeller
27 Apr Ł2.29/TP Ł640TP BEG-DOH-KUL-PEN-KUL-DOH-BEG I / I / I / I / I / I Fare IJR2R1RE Bookable on QR.com

From North, Central and South America
10Jan Ł1.52/TP Ł668 440tp JFK-BOS/CLT-LAX-LAS-LAX-BOS/CLT-JFK I / I / I / I / I / I HPN-HRL AA (find with ITA; probably have to book via a TA)
12Apr Ł0.90/TP Ł215 240tp DCA-ORD-CLT-RDU-CLT-ORD-DCA I/I/I/I/I/I/I AA Found with ITA, booked on the AA site with BookWithMatrix
23Apr Ł 0.76/TP Ł 182 240TP DCA-PHL-CLT-RDU-CLT-ORD-DCA I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools
24Apr Ł 1.04/TP Ł 459 440TP YVR-LAX-CLT-ATL-CLT-LAX-YVR I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools
23May Ł 0.70/TP Ł 169 240TP EWR-ORD-CLT-RDU-CLT-DFW-EWR I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools
24Jun Ł 0.52/TP Ł 128 240TP LAX-DFW-PHX-SJC-PHX-DFW-LAX I / I / I / I / I / I AA Found with ITA Matrix, Book on AA.com via BookWithMatrix or PowerTools

From Middle East, Asia and Australasia

04/01 Ł0.95/TP Ł479 560tp AUH-CMB-CGK-CMB-AUH I / I / I / I cgtechuk UL
1FEB Ł1.49/TP Ł1,673 1,120tp PER-SYD-SIN-TYO-BKK Return (All book in I Class) timcjp BA (Ticket sold by BA, flights are on QF, BA & JL and lie flat seats available for all sectors)
23/04 Ł2.07/TP Ł2,112 1020TP CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-DFW-ORD-LHR-CAI I/R here (All flights must be BA numbered)

From Africa
04/01 Ł1.80/TP Ł721 400tp CPT-JNB-GRU-JNB-DUR-CPT I / Z / Z / I / I ubiest LA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need a year-end TP run (ex-LON) to make / retain status?
Some tips for searching for the year-end TP run for newcomers, the below is indicative only, but hopefully provides a bit of guidance for relatively straightforward runs ex-LON. Some information on how to use ITA matrix is in post 4 of this thread (or just click here) along with these ideas, might come in handy. Feel free to share results, problems or general questions in the thread as these may not always work and there might be better deals out there...

For overnight trips remember to check BA and Iberia for their flights and hotel option as well, can get hotel for almost no extra cost at times

Need 80 TPs or fewer
Club Europe return somewhere close by is best - DUB, AMS and JER usually cheapest along with UK domestic returns. Additionally you may find that trips in to mainland Europe require a one night stay whereas the cheapest domestic CE returns do not have any minimum stay so can be booked as a same day return. If doing a back to back AMS and JER can be easier than DUB for an immediate turnaround - more information can be found in the back to back thread listed in the forum dashboard. The BA.com low fare finder can be very useful.

If you need as few as 45 TPs you might consider booking economy flights and hoping for a proactive online upgrade offer - but they're not guaranteed to materialise (so not one if you have no more time left in your TP collection year). Alternatively, booking a return to one of the 40 tier point destinations with one way in CE and the return in ET (or vice versa if cheaper). UK domestic route, Bilbao, Jersey and Amsterdam seem the most cost effective for this.

Need 85-120 TPs
Iberia flights via MAD to regional Spanish airports will get you 120 TPs as the domestic Spanish flights are 20 TPs in business. Under Ł300 including hotel can be available. Check BIO, GRX, VLC, BCN, SVQ etc. Example here

Need 125-160 TPs
Take a look at the shorthaul plus routes earning 80 TPs each way in business listed in the first post of this thread (here), MLA, IST, HEL and RAK are usually available. If time sensitive take a look at BA flight and hotel option to HEL, where you can usually get the BA flight out on a Saturday, airport hotel and return on Sunday for well under Ł500.

Alternative options include positioning to JER and flying JER-LGW-XXX (AMS usually works well and avoids switching airports).

Need more than 160 TPs
You'll most likely be heading north then - OSL or VNO via HEL will get you 240 TPs, as will JER-LGW/LHR-HEL e.g. LHR-HEL-OSL for Ł520.
DUB-LHR-HEL return (or return to LHR) is currently a very efficient way of hitting 200-240 TPs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Historic information
2018 Archive
2017 Archive
2016 Archive
2015 Archive (6 months Jul to Dec)
2015 Archive (6 months Jan to Jun)
2014 Archive

Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by kingcole974

Glad I was able to suggest something useful. I admit the timings were awful, especially coming back!
I have friends in DFW so that's actually ok with me. Not sure they /actually/ prefer breakfast on a Sunday at 0600, but hey, I'm worth it!

Just discovered I could have added in PHL or BOS for an extra 80 TPs at no cost (LON-MAD-[PHL BOS]-DFW-BOG) and without the necessity to start/finish in INV, which is a royal pita for me.

Ideally, of course, I'd prefer another leg in the US which gave me /another/ 140 TPs each way but I'm struggling to find anything.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by heman
Hi, I have enough TPs thanks to a few trips with Qatar incl some business class flights. However, I still need two BA eligible flights. Based in Norway, and everything seems super expensive for at least July and August.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of routes that tend to be cheaper for BA/Iberia ex Northern Europe? Ideally, to Italy or France in the first week of July or the first two weeks of Aug will be great.

Thanks!
Could you get to the UK cheaply with another airline and find something cheap from here?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by maxpedals
Has anyone done a B2B evening flight LGW > VCE > LGW on the following time:

20:00 > 23:05 then 23:55 > 01:05 if it’s even possible!
I literally did this last week - landed at 2210ish and then took off again at 2300-ish. Super easy to transit through - there is a transit area just before passport control. There was a customs officer who checked my boarding pass and waved me through. The other option is to rock up to passport control and then go through departures again with fast track security available. VCE is a tiny airport so won't take too long.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:36 pm

There's a run from Dehli to Australia (I think perth) could someone be so kind please and send a link to show me in the right direction I've been looking near and far for it but cant find it (I think it was posted on here or perhaps or another forum...?)
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Palty
There's a run from Dehli to Australia (I think perth) could someone be so kind please and send a link to show me in the right direction I've been looking near and far for it but cant find it (I think it was posted on here or perhaps or another forum...?)
MH Z fare DEL-KUL-SYD-QF-PER and return for 840 TPs- price 1200-1400 EUR
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by ubiest

thanks so much for this
Currently only available on cx for around Ł1800 via hkg but still warns 140 x 4 which is over the Ł2 mark
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ubiest
thanks so much for this
Currently only available on cx for around Ł1800 via hkg but still warns 140 x 4 which is over the Ł2 mark
MH deal is still available:
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by megaloman
MH deal is still available:
where can I find it ?
As it doesn't show up on GF
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
where can I find it ?
Go to the MH website.
Select Del to PER. You'll have to fiddle to find the dates - although you might find using ITA gets workable dates faster I suppose. That's how I booked mine. You need the route of DEL KUL SYD PER to maximise your points I believe
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:44 am

where can I find it ?
MH DEL-PER
it's not a dedicated thread for this particular fare but mentioned few times within

Last edited by alp67; Jun 18, 2019 at 6:02 am
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: oneworld
Hi BA707,

Thank you so much for this, I didn't receive an email to know I had a reply so quickly so I apologise.

Is there an easy way for me to do this, I would like to get a tier point run via vegas if possible.

Thank you again so much!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: oneworld
Originally Posted by Misco60
You should perhaps be asking yourself why you want to attain Gold, when that status offers little more than Silver does. You get a dedicated check-in and security area, a (slightly) better lounge at a small number of airports and a few more Avios. Is it really worth spending Ł1500 for? (And, in fact, you won't get Gold for Ł1500 - it will be nearer Ł2500 once you consider positioning flights, hotels and the additional costs of being away from home).

What I would do in your situation is to plan a TP run for January or February 2020 (i.e., just after your TP collection year ends). If you can get 600 TPs - and that's not difficult - you'll then be Silver until the end of February 2022. That would be good value for money.

One of the easiest TP runs is Bucharest (OTP) to Phoenix (PHX). Flight timings are good, and hotels are inexpensive in both cities. A basic OTP-LHR-JFK-PHX and back will get you 720 TPs for around Ł1400 plus the costs of positioning flights and hotels. This deal isn't yet available for dates in 2020:

Category 3: Seasonal restrictions
INBOUND -
PERMITTED 21DEC 18 THROUGH 02JAN 19 OR 14APR 19 THROUGH
21APR 19 OR 01JUL 19 THROUGH 31AUG 19 FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
OUTBOUND -
PERMITTED 22DEC 18 THROUGH 06JAN 19 OR 14APR 19 THROUGH
22APR 19 OR 01JUL 19 THROUGH 31AUG 19 FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Keep a watch on the fare, using Matrix, and be prepared to book as soon as dates for 2020 are made available.

Hi Misco60

thank you for your reply, I think that is a good question 'why do I want it' and maybe Silver is the way. I understand the January / February rationale too and agree.

I think you're right if I aim for silver and do a run in January it makes the most sense cost wise - I will keep an eye out and try and add vegas in to the mix too if possible.

Thanks again
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: United, BA
Hi all,
I joined a few weeks ago wanting to find a way to get at least 435 BA TP in 10 days. Thank you to @bisonrav on this thread for your suggestion - thought I'd share for people.
I booked on Saturday 15th June and flew Sunday 16th June. Used Google flights to get this routing for 1065 GBP ex London for 610 tier points:
LHR - AMM - AUH with Royal Jordanian economy
AUH - CMB - CGK with Sri Lankan airlines business
....and return

BEWARE! I went to check in desk at AUH for my Colombo flight yesterday and was asked to show credit card I booked with. I didn't have it as was at home. I was then not allowed on the flight. I have never heard of needing to show a credit card before, any one else had experience of this??!!! So I've had 36 hours in Abu Dhabi and finally sorted it out. Just thought I'd share so others don't fall into same trap!!!!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by Clairetravelbug
Hi all,
I have never heard of needing to show a credit card before, any one else had experience of this??!!! So I've had 36 hours in Abu Dhabi and finally sorted it out. Just thought I'd share so others don't fall into same trap!!!!
Sorry to hear about your experience. Airlines normally have a 'checkbox' when paying which essentially asks; "Is the cardholder travelling on this booking?". I always click 'No', even if I am since cards do get replaced, churned and lost.

How did you sort it out? I have heard some horror stories before! I have been fairly fortunate in the sense they refunded the original booking, and charged the same amount to a card in my possession.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by Clairetravelbug
BEWARE! I went to check in desk at AUH for my Colombo flight yesterday and was asked to show credit card I booked with. I didn't have it as was at home. I was then not allowed on the flight. I have never heard of needing to show a credit card before, any one else had experience of this??!!! So I've had 36 hours in Abu Dhabi and finally sorted it out. Just thought I'd share so others don't fall into same trap!!!!
Again, sorry about your experience but thanks for the feedback. It will be no consolation, but the AUH/DXB-CMB-CGK run is popular enough to have its own thread and the credit card issue surfaces there from time to time.

And welcome to the BAEC board!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.