FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1949126-ba-tier-point-runs-2019-20-edition.html)

Nomadics Apr 26, 2019 11:45 am

Business class to New Zealand - maximising points

Hi All,

Ive been using the site over the past few years and from reading various really useful posts have been able to use ita matrix to find some good opportunities. I’m lucky enough to have a trip to Auckland in the coming months and to ensure I make the most of the opportunity thought it was time I asked for some expert help!

from previous posts I’ve found some a few well earning routes, such as:

LHR - HEL - HKG - AKL
LHR - NYC - LAX - AKL

apart from changing to somewhere like MAN to start the journey I’d be grateful for any other advice on additional sectors I can add or alternative routings.

thanks for your help in advance and sorry it’s so long winded!

TravelManBiz Apr 26, 2019 12:28 pm

I just booked a ticket from OSL-LHR-MAD-OPO and return on Iberia for 450£. As a BA gold it gives me around 10500 Avios and 240TP to BAEC. 3 flights are BA operated and 3 with IB and the return is with IB A350 from MAD to LHR:D The TP ratio is maybe not the best, but I needed excactly 240TP to renew my BA gold:)

alwaysquestions Apr 26, 2019 12:35 pm

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...67ab12cbb5.jpg
I found an ideal trip for me the other day on ITA Matrix. Unfortunately at the time I hadn't confirm that I'd be guaranteed the time off work. Today I got the nod so went to book it using BookWithMatrix and lo and behold all three suggested companies say at least one flight is unavailable, AA.com suggests other routes via DFW and ORD which aren't any use to me. I've read through the rules and don't think I have a problem but you never know.

I fully understand they could have pulled the fare but I thought it strange as it still loads on ITA even rerouting through BOS and PHL etc. There are at least 50 different itineraries showing so would there be a way to find where the problem lies without having to reselect flights time after time? If needs be I can wait until later in the year but I figured £2000 for 1080tps and a nice little break in HNL was a good price for me.

I've now tried a route from OTP and one from AMS and they are also in ITA but not available to book. Could this be as simple as it needs to be done over the phone? If it is, then I apologise for wasting people's time although it would be nice to know if I stand a chance before I rattle off a long itinerary to an unsuspecting agent!

Fossiebear Apr 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but am seeing LHR-SOF return in CE for as low as 225 GBP eg Dec 7th - Dec 12. 6,330 Avios for a BA GCH and 160 TP @ £1.40/TP.
As always BA Low Fare Finder good place to start any search.

bisonrav Apr 27, 2019 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits (Post 31039455)
Trying to get this before Dec 08th for my partner in his quest for Gold. Extremely difficult! Been working the system in late autumn for a while, with no results.

try jer->lux-OTP-lux-lhr. I mentioned it uptgeead and it’s a good earner that can be done in a weekend. I saw some Jer ans shuffles in 2019 but they needed a weekday return to AMS. Note that they were also a bit more expensive, £279 I think, but PP softens that a little

snaxmuppet Apr 27, 2019 3:12 am

Originally Posted by alwaysquestions (Post 31040263)
I fully understand they could have pulled the fare but I thought it strange as it still loads on ITA

I can't get this route on ITA for less than £3553 in November.

Perhaps they have pulled the fare.

flyuk Apr 27, 2019 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Fossiebear (Post 31041568)
Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but am seeing LHR-SOF return in CE for as low as 225 GBP eg Dec 7th - Dec 12. 6,330 Avios for a BA GCH and 160 TP @ £1.40/TP.

Thanks for that. Bagged a BA holiday based around the flights. :)

CatchThePigeon Apr 27, 2019 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Fatdickie (Post 31038900)
One of the TP runs featured on the wiki is

AUH-CMB-CGK-CMB-AUH
£0.95/TP
£479
560tp

investigating this as a possible first real TP run, However to do this you need to pass through CMB twice 😱

Due to the recent announcments by the Foreign office, advising not to travel to colombo, is this still ok, as would only be transiting through the airport ?

Yes still ok to transit airside: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8886601.html

bisonrav Apr 27, 2019 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Fossiebear (Post 31041568)

good positioning option for some ex Sofia things too possibly. Nice spot

alwaysquestions Apr 27, 2019 4:10 am

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet (Post 31041914)
I can't get this route on ITA for less than £3553 in November.

Perhaps they have pulled the fare.

I've just searched it again and I can get it to price at £2004

I'm working at the moment but I'll try ringing AA later on.

AQ

flyerkit Apr 27, 2019 4:52 am

Originally Posted by flyuk (Post 31041925)
Thanks for that. Bagged a BA holiday based around the flights. :)

Just booked 3 of us out 7 dec back 8!

Dicksbits Apr 27, 2019 8:57 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 31041876)

try jer->lux-OTP-lux-lhr. I mentioned it uptgeead and it’s a good earner that can be done in a weekend. I saw some Jer ans shuffles in 2019 but they needed a weekday return to AMS. Note that they were also a bit more expensive, £279 I think, but PP softens that a little

Is there a jer - lux route then? Didn't know about that.

wilsnunn Apr 27, 2019 9:24 am

Originally Posted by dicksbits (Post 31042565)
is there a jer - lux route then? Didn't know about that.

jer-(lon)-lux-(lon)-otp

Dicksbits Apr 27, 2019 10:24 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn (Post 31042621)

jer-(lon)-lux-(lon)-otp

Is this a return trip over 3 days via BA multi city tool?

I tried it at the end of Oct over the last weekend and it was coming in at £845 pp!

alwaysquestions Apr 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by alwaysquestions (Post 31040263)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...67ab12cbb5.jpg
I found an ideal trip for me the other day on ITA Matrix. Unfortunately at the time I hadn't confirm that I'd be guaranteed the time off work. Today I got the nod so went to book it using BookWithMatrix and lo and behold all three suggested companies say at least one flight is unavailable, AA.com suggests other routes via DFW and ORD which aren't any use to me. I've read through the rules and don't think I have a problem but you never know.

I fully understand they could have pulled the fare but I thought it strange as it still loads on ITA even rerouting through BOS and PHL etc. There are at least 50 different itineraries showing so would there be a way to find where the problem lies without having to reselect flights time after time? If needs be I can wait until later in the year but I figured £2000 for 1080tps and a nice little break in HNL was a good price for me.

I've now tried a route from OTP and one from AMS and they are also in ITA but not available to book. Could this be as simple as it needs to be done over the phone? If it is, then I apologise for wasting people's time although it would be nice to know if I stand a chance before I rattle off a long itinerary to an unsuspecting agent!

I finally managed to sort it all out thanks to Propeller Travel (Thanks Victor). AA couldn't work the problem through but Victor came up trumps.
It turns out a couple of the I class availability had gone but booking into D only put the price up to £2200 which suits me.
£2.03 / TP and nearly a week in HI.