Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
NOTE, this wiki may have some broken links, so please bear with us for a week or do until we get round to the less than glamorous task of checking them all.

This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of
- bar snacks, details found in post 7 or you can click here
- teas list, details found in post 68 or you can click here
- drinks list, details found in post 69 or you can click here
- cocktails list, details in this separate thread click here

There are also photo guides (updated with October menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
February menus. I will update the photo guides as well.

Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I have some photos of the new dishes which I have now added to the photo guide. The ones I am missing are the bread and butter pudding and the chicken korma curry if anyone wants to try them.

Thanks, got all the photos now
orbitmic likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Feb 7, 2019 at 10:18 am
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Was hoping for a more tempting meat option I must say.

PS: I'll pretend pass on the fact that BA manages the extraordinary record of offering a "classic Nicoise salad" which does not happen to include a single element of an actual Nicoise salad (black olives would have qualified but I know that they are using the wrong ones). You sort of wonder what's the point of flying up to 15 flights a day between the UK and Nice in each direction in peak summer if they haven't noticed how the most iconic of local dishes is made...
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Was hoping for a more tempting meat option I must say.

PS: I'll pretend pass on the fact that BA manages the extraordinary record of offering a "classic Nicoise salad" which does not happen to include a single element of an actual Nicoise salad (black olives would have qualified but I know that they are using the wrong ones). You sort of wonder what's the point of flying up to 15 flights a day between the UK and Nice in each direction in peak summer if they haven't noticed how the most iconic of local dishes is made...
i’m very grateful you pointed this out. I’ve always hated Niçoise salads as i’m not a great eater of fish. So am intrigued to discover the actual ingredients which i’m hopeful will come in handy for a trivia one day 😉
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nancypants
i’m very grateful you pointed this out. I’ve always hated Niçoise salads as i’m not a great eater of fish. So am intrigued to discover the actual ingredients which i’m hopeful will come in handy for a trivia one day ��

Ah!! Of course, like any life changing philosophical question, the "true" recipe is the object of endless controversies on a number of key existential questions such as do you serve it on a plate or in a bowl, do you just brush the implement with olive oil or do you pour it on the salad, is rubbing said implement with garlic an act of unforgivable revisionism or just a statement of modernity, are spring onions and radishes compatible or should you choose one or the other in order not to overpower the taste, not to mention whether you should mix the whole thing or present all the ingredients separately. Children and elderly ladies alike have been known to engage in verbal and physical beach fights on those difficult questions, but thankfully, there are also things that are really universally accepted as absolute basic principles.

The first of them is: the whole concept of a Nicoise salad is to use raw vegetables only - no cooked vegetable has or should ever make its way into one. There are no exceptions to this rule. Green beans should be enough to get you a few months' jail sentence, potatoes, new or otherwise, should probably result in the amputation of 3 or 4 hands, and should anyone ever feel like asking about rice, quinoa, sweetcorn, or I don't know what, those would probably be the only arguments that would make one reconsider whether we should reinstate death penalty after all.

Raw tomatoes are by any standard the star ingredient. In fact, historians of the Nicoise salad (yes there are such things, very seriously), suggest that after tomatoes were introduced to Europe, the salade nicoise was undoubtedly a very simple combination of ripe tomatoes, olives, and pissala (baby anchovies crushed into a paste) served with salt, olive oil, and pepper if you were rich enough for it. The concept of introducing dried/semi-dried ("sun blushed") etc tomatoes as opposed to fresh ones is a bit like suggesting athletes should run 100 metre sprints in high heels.

Nicoise salade is a poor salad that would normally only be prepared in the spring (and tolerated in summer) when vegetables are ripe and babyish. You'd normally put in (all raw) baby broad beans, baby artichokes, radishes, salad peppers (more akin to the Hungarian or Turkish mild pointed peppers than the Spanish big ones), nascent celery hearts, Spring onion ('cebettes' which are actually different from the spring onions we find in the UK), and nicoises olives ('picholines'which are tiny, very sweet, and only preserved in salt without a need to remove bitterness at first as with all other olive types). No lettuce and certainly no red onions.

Because it's a poor salad and for warm months, the one key protein is either pissala (good luck finding that even in the Nice area except sometimes from a few elderly people at the fish market in the Old Town) or salted anchovies. With the county becoming richer, in the 20th century it became acceptable to ad hard boiled eggs (but certainly not soft boiled) and/or canned tuna. I'm one of the people who think that ultimately seared albacore will join the list, but other 'tuna' are effectively entirely different species so it's not as though one could use Alaskan keta in Scottish smoked salmon.

And of course, asking for vinaigrette with your salade nicoise would immediately out you as a 'Parisian', the only category of foreigners that Nicois are known to despise with a passion. It's really just olive oil, salt and pepper bar the question of garlic rubbing (but no garlic in the salad) I raised earlier. Some people have been known to add a splash of vinegar when trying to do the salad in early March when the tomatoes are still not flavoursome enough, but the risk if you get caught will remind you of that time you were 13 and got caught doing something you were not supposed to be it with a cigarette, a girl, or anything/anyone else that was not quite supposed to be in your company.

One version here: Recette de la véritable salade niçoise - you should read the recipe, then look at the photo and look for two scandalous mistakes... Answer below.

See? While the recipe on the left side is fine, the photo on the right includes shameless lettuce leaves that would shock even the most lenient of inspectors. pfff…Second, the olives are all wrog, they are not nicoise olives but look like Greek olives, completely different, larger, blacker, wrinkled. tss tss...

Apologies for the ot but nancypants asked, and there are things that are hard to resist and far more important than TPs , plane cleanliness and Champagne...

Last edited by orbitmic; Feb 3, 2019 at 12:54 am
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Well that probably was the most detailed OT response I’ve seen on here @orbitmic

Perhaps all CCR dishes could do with a history lesson? What do you know about korma?
orbitmic, BA5E, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Was hoping for a more tempting meat option I must say ...
You won’t have to wait too long, the bacon belly is being replaced by the ribeye steak on the next ‘meat’ rotation ^
orbitmic and Shahar like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You won’t have to wait too long, the bacon belly is being replaced by the ribeye steak on the next ‘meat’ rotation ^
Now that I fully approve of! Thanks for the breaking news too! ^
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
One version here: Recette de la véritable salade niçoise - you should read the recipe, then look at the photo and look for two scandalous mistakes... Answer below.

See? While the recipe on the left side is fine, the photo on the right includes shameless lettuce leaves that would shock even the most lenient of inspectors. pfff…Second, the olives are all wrog, they are not nicoise olives but look like Greek olives, completely different, larger, blacker, wrinkled. tss tss...
I spy sliced red onion too
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by MarkedMan
I spy sliced red onion too
Very good! We should ask PUCCI to give you a Mucci of the Nicois honoraire!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
There has been a change to the February menu due to supplier issue. The bacon belly has been replaced by Beef Bourguignon with buttered mashed potato and creamed savoury cabbage.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by madfish
There has been a change to the February menu due to supplier issue. The bacon belly has been replaced by Beef Bourguignon with buttered mashed potato and creamed savoury cabbage.
oh first time I see that! Had the belly the other day. Could have been an idea (always better than pulled meats anyway!) but the skin was soggy and fat had not melted at all which made the whole thing very salty and fatty. I’m glad I tried it but would have probably resorted to other choices for my next trips this week and thereafter.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by madfish
And here is a photo
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And here is a photo
That one is (would you believe it) better presented than the one I got. It tasted fine, but it certainly doesn’t look like a first class dish.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
That one is (would you believe it) better presented than the one I got. It tasted fine, but it certainly doesn’t look like a first class dish.
Whatever sympathy I may have for that view is somewhat confounded by the awkward fact that the favourite dish on the menu - by far - remains the burger. As it happens this beef dish tastes good and I would have it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.