Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
NOTE, this wiki may have some broken links, so please bear with us for a week or do until we get round to the less than glamorous task of checking them all.

This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of
- bar snacks, details found in post 7 or you can click here
- teas list, details found in post 68 or you can click here
- drinks list, details found in post 69 or you can click here
- cocktails list, details in this separate thread click here

There are also photo guides (updated with October menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: BA GGL
Aaaaand the terrine:
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Many thank @mmxbreaks ^ will add these to the guide. anyone like to take a photo of the ottoman shakshuka?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
Many thank @mmxbreaks ^ will add these to the guide. anyone like to take a photo of the ottoman shakshuka?
Np!

I was a bit full by that point and thought four courses would be double excess for lunch. 😂
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Meanwhile in LHR T5 GF .... 2 of the 4 ovens were broken.... so hot food was limited. 😏
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold

I forgot today- sorry!

(It was very nice)
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by onobond
Not really missing the steak, as delivered 'pre-seared', i.e. cooked once and re-heated on site means having it 'semi-petrified' ot worse, keeps me away..
Are they really delivered pre-seared? I'm really surprised to hear that for the CCR - although I understand that on board they are delivered that way.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Here it is:

I don't know if Frank decided to give me an extra scoop of vindaloo but this is by far the hottest thing on the menu. Have the iced water on standby. Greetings from Anne to all the relevants.
KARFA and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
.... Greetings from Anne to all the relevants.
Oh, please send her my love. And let her know I'm still alive - but smaller!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Oh, please send her my love. And let her know I'm still alive - but smaller!
She said three stone smaller. Who needs the internet when the bush telegraph is fully functional?

Congrats by the way.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:10 am

Here it is:
Thanks. New mug?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks. New mug?
Yes, it's about 6 months old now. Two theories as to the former mug:
- Someone has purloined it and despite the best endeavours of Interpol, the culprit has yet to be eviscerated.
- Someone dropped it.
So the new mug is somewhat more rugged.
aks120 and KARFA like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:22 pm

... the culprit has yet to be eviscerated ....
I feel very smug that I now understand this having just watched something.

Earlier, I didn’t get it.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Here it is:

I don't know if Frank decided to give me an extra scoop of vindaloo but this is by far the hottest thing on the menu. Have the iced water on standby. Greetings from Anne to all the relevants.
ok I’ll have to do another ‘purist’ salade niçoise type post on this one I’m afraid. I was so excited to see shakshuka on the menu so tried it today. First for the record, to my knowledge, shakshuka is really Libyan (some people claim Tunisian) rather than Turkish, ottoman, Byzantine or whatever but anatopic snubery is not unusual these days so I’ll let it go. Nowadays it’s probably more of a national dish in Israel than anywhere else anyway.

The main thing though is that the main ingredient of shakshuka is tomato, it is in fact overwhelming and cooks very gently and lengthily till it almost fully evaporates. Here the dish is made mostly of peppers, they were seriously undercooked (let alone anywhere near confit) and on my plate unskinned which is rather unpleasant. In my case they were lacking in salt, cumin, fresh coriander and harissa/chili. All were here but not enough of any of them. The eggs are traditionally baked in the tomato stew, not poached separately as here. In my view the dish would have also benefited from one of the modern additions such as fried aubergine and/or feta cheese but I know that bit wouldn’t be approved by most traditionalists!

In in any case, not an unpleasant dish apart from the pepper skin but at most bearing a vague resemblance with shakshuka. Or was ‘ottoman’ precisely a way to take license to do any random thing to the dish?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:34 pm

Courtesy of a fellow CCR bar fly, some photo from the terrace today where there was an afternoon tea set up. Looks quite tasty!

Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:49 pm

Courtesy of a fellow CCR bar fly, some photo from the terrace today where there was an afternoon tea set up...
Ah, but was there any tea?

rb211.
Jimmie76 and EDIwanderer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.