Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Craig Connelly, ex Martin Kaymer caddie (major winner - now carrying for Branden Grace) in Glasgow lounge heading over to the US for the Masters (as we are) ⛳️

Update.....Matt Wallace, pro golfer, on our flight 227 to Atlanta, kind enough to pose for a pic with us at Atlanta airport, top guy 👍

Last edited by mike&co; Apr 6, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
James Blunt (singer) in T5 Flounge.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:18 am

Sir David Attenborough is in CCR this morning.
CloudGazer likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Originally Posted by BA005
Sir David Attenborough is in CCR this morning.
Reminds me: Ten years or so ago Master Scrutton Street (then aged about 7) wrote to "David Attenborough, BBC" asking for his advice on how to become a wildlife reporter. Incredibly, not only did this reach him, but he send a lovely, hand-written, note in reply.

My son still has it framed.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Al Murray: Pub Landlord possible sighting in Galleries First this morning. Think he was travelling to DXB.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Ewan McGregor in the CCR this afternoon. Not looking very happy about something, complaining to his travelling companion.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
I hesitate to include him here, but as his Dad is mentioned in the article as travelling in CW on the same flight, here goes - Brooklyn Beckham on a BA flight to LAX "last monday", in economy: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ges-class.html

Summary of article: Brooklyn and his girlfriend were sat in economy, he asked where his dad was and was told in CW. Cabin crew tried to upgrade the pair but sounds like the flight was full, and a few passengers took some pics. Oh, and "'At the end of the flight the attendants gave Brooklyn two large bags of ''goodies'' and the Scottish flight attendant said ''give these to your wee brother and sister.''

Three things were surprising to me, firstly that David Beckham was only in CW, I'd have had him down as an F flyer (although maybe he was paying his own way, he certainly seems to like to travel F when someone else is footing the bill) secondly, why on earth would the crew try to upgrade this teenager and his girlfriend, and thirdly why are crew giving out presents to him?
sentosa and bmibaby737 like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:54 am

Location: Dorset, United Kingdom. Frequently at higher altitudes.
Programs: BAEC Gold and a few others
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
Reminds me: Ten years or so ago Master Scrutton Street (then aged about 7) wrote to "David Attenborough, BBC" asking for his advice on how to become a wildlife reporter. Incredibly, not only did this reach him, but he send a lovely, hand-written, note in reply.

My son still has it framed.
My wife wrote to him a couple of years ago, and he wrote her a handwritten reply too, which she also has framed. What an absolute gentleman. Would love to bump in to him in the CCR although I think I'd be slightly at a loss for words.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I hesitate to include him here, but as his Dad is mentioned in the article as travelling in CW on the same flight, here goes - Brooklyn Beckham on a BA flight to LAX "last monday", in economy: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ges-class.html

Summary of article: Brooklyn and his girlfriend were sat in economy, he asked where his dad was and was told in CW. Cabin crew tried to upgrade the pair but sounds like the flight was full, and a few passengers took some pics. Oh, and "'At the end of the flight the attendants gave Brooklyn two large bags of ''goodies'' and the Scottish flight attendant said ''give these to your wee brother and sister.''

Three things were surprising to me, firstly that David Beckham was only in CW, I'd have had him down as an F flyer (although maybe he was paying his own way, he certainly seems to like to travel F when someone else is footing the bill) secondly, why on earth would the crew try to upgrade this teenager and his girlfriend, and thirdly why are crew giving out presents to him?
Maybe F was full

Don't you always get presents to give to your brothers at the end of a flight?

I often think about trying to get a free upgrade on the plane by pretending to be the parent / son / brother of some major/minor celebrity, but never quite gotten around to it. If it's actually a thing, may give it a go!

Also, although I'd recognise David, would not have a clue who his kids/girlfriends are, anyone smooching that much on a flight would probably just annoy everyone else
sentosa likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Jonathan Pryce in the CCR now. Apparently Games of Thrones actor and Wolf Hall
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by DanAirLondon
Johnathan Price in the CCR now. Apparently Games of Thrones actor and Wolf Hall
I just missed you in the CCR.

And another spot - Monty Don on the transit train, disembarking at B gates. He was with a group of about 4 or 5. One of them could have been introduced to the concept of deodorant.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by stuvoi
I often think about trying to get a free upgrade on the plane by pretending to be the parent / son / brother of some major/minor celebrity, but never quite gotten around to it. If it's actually a thing, may give it a go!
It's probably more for the DYKWIA thread, but someone I used to work with affected a knighthood when booking/travelling. We only found out when an travel agent called the office and asked to speak to 'Sir xxxxx' about his flights!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by peter h
It's probably more for the DYKWIA thread, but someone I used to work with affected a knighthood when booking/travelling. We only found out when an travel agent called the office and asked to speak to 'Sir xxxxx' about his flights!
You will be amazed at just how many barons and lords do undertake regular TP runs on QR, AY, AA, MH and (sometimes) BA to earn their CCR cards, indeed some even contribute regularly on here. You'll often find an importance of them downing the booze in the CX Lounge at T3.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You will be amazed at just how many barons and lords do undertake regular TP runs on QR, AY, AA, MH and (sometimes) BA to earn their CCR cards, indeed some even contribute regularly on here. You'll often find an importance of them downing the booze in the CX Lounge at T3.
Anyone can be a " lord" on BA. I just picked it from the drop down menu when I signed up with BA's FF program. I always love getting emails from them. It is addressed " Dear Lord".
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Mark Webber F1 in GF recently

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.