Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by ClubflyerLondon
Richard E Grant passing through the first wing yesterday morning didnt see him in the Concorde Room so must of been hiding in the first lounge
From his Insta account, appears he was heading to somewhere in France to visit friends.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Saw Idris Elba in the queue with his Mrs for the first check in around 8:50am. Didn't see him in the CCR. I then got on BA173.... Brian May was seated few rows ahead (I was in 5K) I didn't realize who he was until I snuck a pic of him to send to my brother. Only realized he was important cause he got papped after immigration in JFK and hustled into a black suv
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by docklandsguest
Brian May on the 178 to Heathrow today - noticed him walking alongside us after passport gates and he joined the masses to hang out by the belt and wait for (somewhat delayed) suitcases. Was so low key and relaxed that very few people even realised who they were standing next to.
Looks like he was on a quick day trip was on the same flight 173 that morning
docklandsguest likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma
He was going to NY to do induction speech for Def Leppard into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He said on Twitter it was a quick return trip
NoY, YacozA and docklandsguest like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:34 am

Smile

Originally Posted by docklandsguest
Brian May on the 178 to Heathrow today - noticed him walking alongside us after passport gates and he joined the masses to hang out by the belt and wait for (somewhat delayed) suitcases. Was so low key and relaxed that very few people even realised who they were standing next to.
You mean THE Brian May? The astrophysicist and former chancellor of Liverpool John Moores University who used to play in a band?
RoyalSwazi, YacozA and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:09 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Hamburg1971
You mean THE Brian May? The astrophysicist and former chancellor of Liverpool John Moores University who used to play in a band?
No. The one who STILL plays in a band @:-)
'andad, mikeyfly and gorps1 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
No. The one who STILL plays in a band @:-)
I wanted to be funny. But your reply is better. Chapeau!
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
2 from Little Mix were on BA0269 in J on Monday 25th March. Had partners and/or social media content types with them. Very quiet on the flight but moaned constantly in the 2 hour immigration queue at LAX - as did we all!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Jerome Flynn on BA0176. And a tall blonde woman who is apparently in Game of Thrones.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was in WT+ on a flight to JFK. For some reason the configuration of the plane was F/WT+/CW

Ben Kingsley kept on walking around the first cabin before the plane took off, right in front of me. Once the plane was in the air and the curtain went across, that was the last I saw of him
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by stuvoi
Ben Kingsley kept on walking around the first cabin before the plane took off, right in front of me. Once the plane was in the air and the curtain went across, that was the last I saw of him
Not surprised that was the last you saw of him if you didn't address him as "Sir Ben Kingsley"
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Lord Puttnam dubs Sir Ben 'barmy'
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi Fraser,
Thanks, I would have just called him 'Ben' or 'Benny'
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Monty Don on this morning BA430 to AMS
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:00 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by barneyb
Monty Don on this morning BA430 to AMS
On a bulb run?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Hamburg1971
That's the famous Brian who knows his astrophysics unlike the other one with a three-letter surname...
Gastrocnemius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.