Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by worldtrav
How do you know they were armed? PPO's are generally very discreet about their weapons. If indeed they were armed it certainly wasn't a movie star, had to be government or royalty.
my observation is that the armed guards when posted in the CCR tend to be the uniformed airport based police
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by worldtrav
How do you know they were armed? PPO's are generally very discreet about their weapons. If indeed they were armed it certainly wasn't a movie star, had to be government or royalty.
Both officers had handguns in their side pockets.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I would only condemn particularly disfavoured politicians or royalty to being held in the current cabanas until boarding time.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by tedcruz
Both officers had handguns in their side pockets.
I hope you mean in holsters, and not literally in their side pockets? That could result in a fumble and a half!
Keystone and TheOldMan like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Sally Lindsay (Shelley Unwin from Coronation Street) was in the LHR T5 CCR late Tuesday afternoon with a camera crew, I assume it was for a BA lounge advert.

Last edited by Ace71; Jan 16, 2019 at 6:55 pm Reason: unintentional text
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:32 pm

Sally Lindsay, someone called Nigel (did not catch his last name) and the camera crew pre-boarded BA293 to IAD. A cameraman (and sound boom operator) were filming as some people entered the plane and when announcements were made after boarding was completed, we were told they would be filming in First and World Traveller sections during the flight. Nigel made a brief statement at that time. Sorry, but was not paying close attention when they talked about the reason for the filming, though I vaguely recall it was for promotional purposes. Not entirely sure if Sally stayed on board or was just there initially as she was walking out the door of the plane as I boarded--no idea if she came back on board for the flight. Thankfully, I was in WT+ so only noticed when film crew walked back and forth during the first part of the flight; it was a good size film crew--tech folks, director, assistants, etc..
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by 385thBG
Sally Lindsay, someone called Nigel (did not catch his last name) and the camera crew pre-boarded BA293 to IAD. A cameraman (and sound boom operator) were filming as some people entered the plane and when announcements were made after boarding was completed, we were told they would be filming in First and World Traveller sections during the flight. Nigel made a brief statement at that time. Sorry, but was not paying close attention when they talked about the reason for the filming, though I vaguely recall it was for promotional purposes. Not entirely sure if Sally stayed on board or was just there initially as she was walking out the door of the plane as I boarded--no idea if she came back on board for the flight. Thankfully, I was in WT+ so only noticed when film crew walked back and forth during the first part of the flight; it was a good size film crew--tech folks, director, assistants, etc..
There was mention in another topic that there would be filming of the new First product on that route this month.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Marcus Brigstocke first spotted past immigration at HKG, and then on BA28, in Y+.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by AlanWad
Samuel L Jackson was in F on the day flight from JFK yesterday morning.

Possibly also one of the Appleton sisters from All Saints but can't say for certain - looked like one of them anyway.
I was in F with him... towards landing got a selfie with him... were you in F too?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Sir Clive Woodward on BA958 to Munich today in 1A.

EDIT: so this didn't end well. We ended up taking off 2 hours late at 9.45pm and predictably therefore would not make it to Munich prior to the midnight curfew. I knew this and so told the cabin crew when we hit cruising altitude that we would not be able to land - I know, I was on a Eurowings flight a few months ago that had exactly the same problem, whereby we were diverted to Vienna and put on an overnight bus back to Munich. It was even more miserable than it sounded.

Anyhow, the cabin crew this evening were adamant that we would be fine. 45 minutes into the flight however, the captain came over the radio feigning surprise that, having spoken to ATC, we had to return to Heathrow. Cue a midnight return to Heathrow and a night in the Premier Inn Heathrow.

I'm quite sure Sir Clive is not resting his weary head here.

Last edited by hartwith; Jan 22, 2019 at 6:00 pm Reason: Flight diverted
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:36 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Ellie Goulding at First Wing Security, and about to come into CCR en route to Davos.

She was with a friendly lady from the Concorde Team - I day friendly, because her unicorn pen fell out her pocket, much to my amusement and her awkwardness!

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Jan 23, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
David Beckham in the temporary JFK CCR this morning, as the main CCR is closed until the afternoon.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:00 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Comedian Paul Foot also in the CCR.

M
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Dario Franchitti in the CCR

Spike

Last edited by Funky Spike; Jan 23, 2019 at 12:55 pm Reason: link
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Professor Brian Cox is currently in the CCR and now in 1K on BA281 to LAX.

Last edited by gorps1; Jan 24, 2019 at 4:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.