Celebs on BA | 2019 edition

Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
John Simpson and family on BA16 last night, he was heading back to Club when he boarded past me from door 1
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Vernon Kay in CCR now.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: BAEC silver
Originally Posted by lhrpete
He was spending tax payer's money on a jolly in first to Singapore?

We must let his constituents know!
Hes the Foreign Secretary not a minor official, the US Secretary of State has a private jet. Id expect our leading diplomat to fly first on official business.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:34 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Swampz64

Hes the Foreign Secretary not a minor official, the US Secretary of State has a private jet. Id expect our leading diplomat to fly first on official business.
I'd have some sympathy with this view on an official trip - though as he is going to be on fully flex due to possibly having to fly somewhere else on short notice, I think J would be better.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Ex LIS

Jose Mourinho on BA503 from Lisbon tonight, in Club but not row 1! Only spotted at end of flight.

As a matter of information for anyone travelling from Lisbon - make sure youre at check-in well before an hour before flight. Stuck in traffic and arrived at LIS T1 to see no check-in information on screens. Found the desk at D-55 to be told check-in closes at D-60. Luckily the bag we were going to check was the medium Away variety and this fitted through the hand baggage scanner. Gate alerted by checking agents who had essentially packed up and had the bag put into hold at gate. First time Ive seen that cut-off at a European outstation although Im normally hand baggage and at airport earlier!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:16 am

Pierce Brosnan on today's BA727 GVA/LHR.

Edit: and he seemed to enjoy the Comic Relief safety video which, strangely, was the original 2017 version, not the current one that was introduced in July last year.

Last edited by buzzrm; Jan 15, 2019 at 7:16 am Reason: Additional info
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
I'd have some sympathy with this view on an official trip - though as he is going to be on fully flex due to possibly having to fly somewhere else on short notice, I think J would be better.
Without wishing to go too far OT, HMG wont be paying a full commercial fare for the Foreign Secretary. I also dont think weve had many actual sightings (at least recently) of politicians in the First cabin, merely in the CCR. I suspect there is an arrangement with BA for CCR access for senior cabinet ministers when flying J.

Happy to be corrected if wrong.
pjh981 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Anyone know which celebrity was in the CCR on sunday evening at about 7.30? There were two armed guards waiting around and they were doing constant check-ups in the last cabana.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by tedcruz
Anyone know which celebrity was in the CCR on sunday evening at about 7.30? There were two armed guards waiting around and they were doing constant check-ups in the last cabana.
Theresa May trying to escape before her defeat tonight!
smokie36 and tedcruz like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Theresa May trying to escape before her defeat tonight!
Ok, that was kinda funny...

Regards
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
If they were armed, then it wasnt your common or garden pop / movie star. Politician or Royal Id say.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:55 pm

How do you know they were armed? PPO's are generally very discreet about their weapons. If indeed they were armed it certainly wasn't a movie star, had to be government or royalty.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AMEX Platinum
Nicola Sturgeon coming out the EDI BA lounge, walked past gate 3 so presumably on the 0610 to LGW rather than the LCY
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
To save Google time: BA16 is SYD SIN LHR

Originally Posted by ClubflyerLondon
John Simpson and family on BA16 last night, he was heading back to Club when he boarded past me from door 1
Was your sighting of The Simpsons at Sydney or Singapore?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Was your sighting of The Simpsons at Sydney or Singapore?
sighting was in SIN

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.