Price drop

Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
When the BA prices rises do you contact BA and tell them you want to give them more money?
You're the second person to make this helpful suggestion

I don't think that the OP's question is unreasonable as there are large UK retailers who will price match for a period after purchase. John Lewis for example.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Takiteasy

Naively maybe, I would have expected the sale prices to be the lowest available for the near future.
Although I don't know what happened in the OP's case, it is quite common for prices to drop during a sale. In particular, and apart from any other price changes, BA almost always offers an "extra 100 off" or similar for a short period part way through the sale.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by fruitcage
BA almost always offers an "extra 100 off" or similar for a short period part way through the sale.
And this is almost exactly the contents of an email I received yesterday from BA about the sale.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks all - and I think I have my answer - 'do nothing'. It was the sale email yesterday that stupidly encouraged me to check the price again.

I understand that you pays your money and you takes your chances.

I would say that if I bought a suit in a sale that was then further discounted (within 30 days), I would be able to get the price difference back by returning it and purchasing it again from the retailer. I'm actually less bothered about the price difference as it's relatively small. It's the 'free room upgrade' offer that has appeared on my particular hotel that's annoying - and the email that BA Holidays sent to me to remind me that i've paid more than I needed to!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Adstring
Thanks all - and I think I have my answer - 'do nothing'. It was the sale email yesterday that stupidly encouraged me to check the price again.

I understand that you pays your money and you takes your chances.

I would say that if I bought a suit in a sale that was then further discounted (within 30 days), I would be able to get the price difference back by returning it and purchasing it again from the retailer. I'm actually less bothered about the price difference as it's relatively small. It's the 'free room upgrade' offer that has appeared on my particular hotel that's annoying - and the email that BA Holidays sent to me to remind me that i've paid more than I needed to!
buy one more room to "dilute" the loss. 😉
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
Originally Posted by Adstring
I booked a holiday in the BA sale and was surprised to see that the price has now dropped (not significantly, but enough to annoy me). Do BA have a price guarantee / refund the difference for this sort of thing?

Thanks.
I had a premium economy booking once. The CW price dropped to be cheaper than the premium economy ticket I had purchased so I asked if I could change it. I was told that I couldn't move to a cheaper fare in a higher cabin (even with paying the change fee) but that I could pay the change fee and the fare difference to the first CW fare that was more expensive than my premium economy one (a four figure difference in price).

I wonder if I could have paid two change fees to change to a different flight and then change back to that but a different cabin?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I got an OP up to CW and the guy next to me had paid 500 plus quid for a AUP. He'd have probably been op upped as well (as gold), but that's life: a gamble in these cases.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.