Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Filthy Cabin [787-9 from Mexico City]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by gw76
Arent LH F fares far higher than BA though? And so you might expect there to be differences...
There should still be a baseline of minimum acceptable standards of cleanliness though, and OP’s photos show that it was not met...
noddie09 and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Agneisse

There should still be a baseline of minimum acceptable standards of cleanliness though, and OP’s photos show that it was not met...
@Agneisse - absolutely, there has to be an acceptable base line! Someone mentioned earlier referring this to the government as there should be an acceptable minimum level that all airlines must meet just like restaurants.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Agneisse

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
So what did the CSD/CSM say when you told him/her? He/She should have logged this there and then. This presumably happened on 1st Jan? That is shocking.
Trevor the CSM was motorified and apparently logged a report shortly after take off. I thought these reports were in fact created after the flight but we shall see what BA comes back with.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by noddie09

Trevor the CSM was motorified and apparently logged a report shortly after take off. I thought these reports were in fact created after the flight but we shall see what BA comes back with.
It would have been entered in the electronic log which is pretty much immediately downlinked to engineering.
noddie09 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Well folks as promoised, here is the latest update. I received 6 phone calls from a withheld number this afternoon between 17:39 and 19:12. Sadly these calls were all left during my commute home so I was unable to answer the call. The voicemails however were all left by a customer service manager at British Airways who will be calling be back tomorrow morning at 10am.

Heres hoping my email that you all encouraged me to write, and the publicity from the forum today will finally lead to some form of progress that will benefit those who fly F with BA

To be continued........
Agneisse, jp-mco and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:15 pm

Well folks as promoised, here is the latest update. I received 6 phone calls from a withheld number this afternoon between 17:39 and 19:12. Sadly these calls were all left during my commute home so I was unable to answer the call. The voicemails however were all left by a customer service manager at British Airways who will be calling be back tomorrow morning at 10am.

Heres hoping my email that you all encouraged me to write, and the publicity from the forum today will finally lead to some form of progress that will benefit those who fly F with BA

To be continued........
Don’t let them strong arm you in to signing an NDA to receive service recovery!
noddie09 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:29 pm

None of those pictures are filthiness, they are about lack of aircraft maintenance. I'm not saying the aircraft wasn't dirty, just that the pictures are describing a different problem than cleanliness.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
This is for the Mods -

Is it worth creating a separate thread/wiki for broken/dirty/damaged seat? This would be valuable to the other FT's to know which seats are broken/dirty/damaged on which planes/reg. Obviously, once the problem has been fixed & seen by other FT's, it can be updated accordingly.

Note - This is NOT out to trash BA's image but a central repository of where the problems are.
noddie09 and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fontana
This is for the Mods -

Is it worth creating a separate thread/wiki for broken/dirty/damaged seat? This would be valuable to the other FT's to know which seats are broken/dirty/damaged on which planes/reg. Obviously, once the problem has been fixed & seen by other FT's, it can be updated accordingly.

Note - This is NOT out to trash BA's image but a central repository of where the problems are.
I could fully get behind this. It might be a lot of admin but surely it would be worth it in the long run.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I sense this may not just be a BA problem. I have flown on a number of new generation planes (NZ, LA, UA, QFand AA 787 and CX and SQ A350’s) in the biz cabins and feel that the manufacturers are using slimmer and less robust materials to keep weight down and deliver promises on range and fuel consumption. My last few flights on CX A350s showed the plane (less than a year old) with gaffer tape and knocked corners and general scuffing, as well as scratchy paint jobs on handsets. They won’t see five years without really showing wear and tear in the cabin and the need for a refit.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
BA Filth Class
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Wow - Did this video ever get sent to BA? What was the reply?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Wow - Did this video ever get sent to BA? What was the reply?
Others may have some definitive info on this.

Personally, I’d be surprised if it has been viewed by BA senior management.

I say that because it it had been, the BA spin machine would surely have found a place for it in the “nineteen reasons to fly British Airways in 2019”
noddie09 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by subject2load

Others may have some definitive info on this.

Personally, I’d be surprised if it has been viewed by BA senior management.

I say that because it it had been, the BA spin machine would surely have found a place for it in the “nineteen reasons to fly British Airways in 2019”
Reason Number 20: We will start to clean our planes in 2019..............! Oh joy
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: BA silver
As a reference point, we took a 2-4-1 redemption flight in 1A&K from YVR last year. We had the pleasure on boarding to pick up wrappers, half bottle of water and broken hanger from around our seats which we handed to the highly apologetic CSM when he came by.
The other half got contacted by Customer Relations and given 5K Avios. When he pointed out that we were two passengers doing their cleaning, he was told that we would need to raise another complaint under the second passenger!
Needless to say we didn't bother.

Good on you for complaining and hope you get a nicer response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.