Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Filthy Cabin [787-9 from Mexico City]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@noddie09 - having seen your photos, I would definitely urge you to send them to the airline (and perhaps to a named individual ... ?)

Plus, I’m inclined to re-think my earlier comments above re template responses, on the basis that this is the sort of evidence that could (stress, could) shame even BA into doing something about their F class cabin maintenance & cleaning standards.
Crampedin13A and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
@noddie09 - having seen your photos, I would definitely urge you to send them to the airline (and perhaps to a named individual ... ?)

Plus, I’m inclined to re-think my earlier comments above re template responses, on the basis that this is the sort of evidence that could (stress, could) shame even BA into doing something about their F class cabin maintenance & cleaning standards.
Thanks @subject2load - I will see what BA has to say but hopefully you are right. All I want is the feedback to be seen as constructive. Many folks on here told me that my flight was going to be a disaster. Clearly I should have taken notice and just saved my money by flying business class with Aeromexico.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
On most BA F flights I take, I use the first hot towel service on the ground to clean some of the fixtures and the armrest. Cabin cleaning doesn't seem to be a priority, occasionally even out of LHR!
PUCCI GALORE and EuropeanPete like this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I agree, seeing these pictures you must complain.

Originally Posted by noddie09
Thanks @subject2load - I will see what BA has to say but hopefully you are right......................
.......... Clearly I should have taken notice and just saved my money by flying business class with Aeromexico.
We all live and learn.

Do come back if you get chance, and let us know what sort of response BA provide.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by subject2load

We all live and learn.

Do come back if you get chance, and let us know what sort of response BA provide.
We do indeed. I have just sent off a complaint through the BA website. The wait begins.....
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Reminded me of one of those regular epics on TV fluffing BA and/or Heathrow - where enthusiastic employee was inspecting a First cabin for the very slightest of blemishes "because our customers expect the best".

Seems they've realised they can get away with third-rate. So please do write in: it will be another straw on that camel's back.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Those pictures are bad. Those materials used on the ledge and the seat and ife controllers can't be of a very good standard. No way they should be that worn in such few years. The seat manufacturer should be responsible for replacing those but BA shouldn't be letting them get to that stage
HIDDY and Ldnn1 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Reminded me of one of those regular epics on TV fluffing BA and/or Heathrow - where enthusiastic employee was inspecting a First cabin for the very slightest of blemishes "because our customers expect the best".

Seems they've realised they can get away with third-rate. So please do write in: it will be another straw on that camel's back.

I can remember that particular episode very clearly. It wasn’t an LHR thing .... but a series exclusively related to BA. Seems almost comical to look back on it now.

Maybe a number twenty to tack on to that list of “nineteen reasons to fly with British Airways in 2019” ?

20. “We will try to fit and maintain our premium cabins to the standard seen in other airlines”
BA235 and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Those pictures are bad. Those materials used on the ledge and the seat and ife controllers can't be of a very good standard. No way they should be that worn in such few years. The seat manufacturer should be responsible for replacing those but BA shouldn't be letting them get to that stage
The fault been reported several times on here. Not sure if it's the same aircraft or is to be seen on all types but poor design and choice of material does seem to be to blame.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Look, people on here have complained about cleanliness, or lack thereof, on BA since time began (or thereabouts). Yet the planes are full and the company makes good money. Unless customers start voting with their wallet, there will be no change.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Perhaps a word in the ear of the Government's Health & Safety Department - surely airlines have to reach a certain level of hygiene in the same way that food outlets, restaurants, etc must do.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:32 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I came into this expecting it to be about Filthy Cabin - a cousin of Filthy Monkey.

However, in seeing the photos, it's clear I was wrong.

I'd absolutely complain to BA, albeit I don't believe I've read about a set Avios amount offered to passengers for dirty cabins.

M
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
The fault been reported several times on here. Not sure if it's the same aircraft or is to be seen on all types but poor design and choice of material does seem to be to blame.
Can anyone confirm this? Is it the same aircraft people are having issues with? My aircraft was G-ZBKE
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The seat is in a very poor condition and from what I can make out from the photos, a combination of wear and mindless vandalism - it beggars belief that anyone would scratch the markings off the seat control unit. With the seat in this condition it ought to have been taken out of service.
Crampedin13A and HIDDY like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.