Do BAHols bookings include bags?

Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Do BAHols bookings include bags?

I need to visit CLT in the US (in Y) and BA Holidays offers good value on the AA direct service.

But I haven't done this since the HBO TATL fares were introduced and I'm confused - on ba.com if I select a flight and then add a car it seems I have no luggage allowance. But if I start at the BA Holidays page then it seems to allow me 1 bag... which is fine, but is that on account of my OWE status or would that give me another bag too?

And... I understood that BA marketed and AA operated = no bags. But does that just apply to BA flights, not BA Holiday bookings?

Confused!

And just to add to the confusion... if I swapped the direct flight home for an indirect service with the TATL on BA metal, does that change anything?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:30 am
Suspended

If you want to book flight+car, select that and then go from there and then check the baggage allowance before booking. You may be booking into an inclusive tour booking class that includes checked bags.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
All BA Holidays include a checked bag.
windowontheAside likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks to Sealink and richardwft.

I have now booked a holiday flight+car combo. During the booking I was told that I had checked baggage included (but no indication of how much), then a checked baggage allowance of 0 bags.

For future reference, now that it's been ticketed MMB tells me I have 2 x 23kg bags. I assume that's one standard and one OWE bag.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Sealink
All BA Holidays include a checked bag.
I've only ever used BAH on BA flights, but every time I've flown AA [normally] I have the standard OW baggage allowance anyway.

I'm sure WOTAS will be fine.
windowontheAside likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
However, if you use ‘custom trip’ it is possible to book with economy basic which doesn’t include luggage.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by madfish
However, if you use custom trip it is possible to book with economy basic which doesnt include luggage.
Oh that is good - never knew ! Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by madfish
However, if you use custom trip it is possible to book with economy basic which doesnt include luggage.
Does the 'custom trip' still book as a holiday then? Does it get ATOL protection? and/or do you still not get offered POUGs?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Akoz
Does the 'custom trip' still book as a holiday then? Does it get ATOL protection? and/or do you still not get offered POUGs?
Yes. This is still ATOL protected. I have the certificate for my booking at Easter. However, as this is a connecting flight then no POUG are offered. I assume they might be on direct flights.

You may have to call for the pricing for economy basic. I know they can issue these as they did it one way for me (unintentionally) when I made a change.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.