Inappropriate seat reassignment?

Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
But this isn't an operational issue IMO... it is a revenue issue. Presumably (?) the curtain was moved to fit in more J passengers. That is to allow BA to sell more J tickets and make more profit. Displacing a Gold member for that reason is, IMO, not right.
For late curtain moves it isn't because of extra J sales, but due to long haul J or F pax missing their connections and needing to be moved to other shorthaul services. This is entirely an operational issue and a reason the curtain can't be fixed when OLCI opens.
DYKWIA and snaxmuppet like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:57 am

IMO, moving the curtain should only be permitted after check in has commenced if it would not displace Gold or Silver members
Ha ha ha ha ... wait ... this wasn't supposed to be sarcastic?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by chrisboote
Ha ha ha ha ... wait ... this wasn't supposed to be sarcastic?
No. I was serious. I really still don't see why it is such a shocking idea.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:43 am

No. I was serious. I really still don't see why it is such a shocking idea.
The outcome of that idea would be pages of complaints from passengers who missed their connections from a long haul flight and got downgraded, along with an avalanche of EU261 claims.
GaxxyFlyer and chrisboote like this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jan 9, 2019 at 6:13 am Reason: To comply with rule 12
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)
On a random side note on curtain usage, on Monday I was on my way back from JER on BA2777 (20:10 JER - LGW). A very lightly loaded flight, four rows of J... and not one single CE passenger in there. The post-takeoff announcement was amended accordingly, and the CSM noted she'd never worked any flights with a completely empty CE cabin either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.