Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

19 reasons to fly with British Airways in 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19 reasons to fly with British Airways in 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Pascoe
The single most useful enhancement they could deliver for me personally I think would be at seat USB power on SH routes. But I doubt that's coming any time soon.....
I thought this is already here..on the NEO's?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:10 pm

As someone who only flies short-haul European, there is nothing there to persuade me to fly BA in 2019.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
When will the improved WTP go in effect? Contemplating to wait or go ahead with AA PE.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
When will the improved WTP go in effect? Contemplating to wait or go ahead with AA PE.
Time alone will tell.

It took over 12 months to get a new blanket & pillow onto every CW route .... if that’s any guide.
T8191 and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

Time alone will tell.

It took over 12 months to get a new blanket & pillow onto every CW route .... if that’s any guide.
Given that it takes British Airways so long to roll out new bread rolls I am not optimistic about the 2019 list. They need to up their game in F with haste.

Is the new CW food finally on every route now? Describing a 200 thread count CW pillow as 'luxurious' suggests they don't really get luxury.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Jan 6, 2019 at 6:36 am
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
I thought WTP was the money maker on every flight? You would think it was in their interest to speed things up to compete with AA.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I thought WTP was the money maker on every flight? You would think it was in their interest to speed things up to compete with AA.
I doubt that BA spend a lot of time worrying about competition from AA. Don’t forget that they both benefit from a transatlantic alliance (involving also Iberia and Finnair), which seems them all sharing revenue on routes across the pond.

That said, the alliance - due to expire in 2020 - has attracted the interest of the Competition & Markets Authority, of which more here
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/11/uk-c...-alliance.html
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:50 am

Good bit of marketing puffery, but basically all 'jam tomorrow' stuff.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by allturnleft
5. the wifi; has anyone been in a wifi enabled flight yet? Any on short haul?
My last flight (from Boston) is the only one where it was announced it was available, though it has been available if you look for it on others. (My flights are LH only, so don't know about SH.)
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:13 am

BA has really gone downhill lately, Their fares are high and they don't even serve complimentary meals within their european flights.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by bestvideos123
BA has really gone downhill lately, Their fares are high and they don't even serve complimentary meals within their european flights.
There were recent fares on a route I use (LGW-AGP) 2.5hr flight at Ł15 each way. I would say this is the cheapest it’s ever been with BA. Yes you don’t get much with it but having had Silver, it was incredible value. You pay for what you get in life.

As much as I’m not a fan of the debundling that Y has been going through globally on SH and LH amongst most airlines. Fares are as cheap as they have ever been.

BA may have made a lot of cuts in services/features etc in the last few years, which I don’t always agree with. But fares are very low when you can grab them.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by bestvideos123
Welcome to Ft by the way. I was on my mobile so couldn't see your join date. I'm sure the official welcome will be made if it hasn't already
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Please, how long did it take to work up that list. And you might as well have Ł6.5 billion written on the side of bus for all the credibility such a claim can have.

its typical BA, jam tomorrow and flummery with the existing layout.

i won’t be paying to fly this year in long haul there are far to many better options out there starting with Oneworld and in fare terms some of the other alliances. Airlines that deliver premium service, not that talk about it.

Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
That's the primary revenue source on longhaul? Wouldn't have been my guess given the relatively modest cabin sizes for this class in typical BA configurations but I would defer to those on here with greater knowledge (one of whom will no doubt be along shortly to correct me)....
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Pascoe
That's the primary revenue source on longhaul? Wouldn't have been my guess given the relatively modest cabin sizes for this class in typical BA configurations but I would defer to those on here with greater knowledge (one of whom will no doubt be along shortly to correct me)....
WTP is the money maker for the space it has, CW is the winner in absolute cash terms, First makes the least money for the space. Broadly speaking there is good business case for getting rid of First, expanding CW slightly and giving more space to WTP, but other branding and marketing factors mean BA won't be doing this. The way it works is WT and First covers costs, WTP and CW provides the gross margin as a massive over-simplification.
Pascoe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.