Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

19 reasons to fly with British Airways in 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19 reasons to fly with British Airways in 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
2018 already had decent Y enhancements; the catering is generous now with magnums and snacks back in the galley
Momentary excitement followed by immediate disappointment, having initially misconstrued the sort of magnum you meant.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Akoz
I'd settle for them just to load enough meals on CE flight so more then the first row gets a meal choice.
i have to say the chicken with pigs in blankets today was delicious, chicken was nice and moist, the mash tasted great and there was nice veg and rich gravy to go with.
HIDDY and T8191 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by DFB_london

Not quite so fast... there’s a test seat set up at Waterside and highly likely some crew have tested it.

now which AA is the question: ying yang, all forward or 767 refurb?
There is indeed a mock up but it isn't in Waterside and very few people have had access to it, including people working on the new aircraft who have been given general information but not allowed to see the seat. Crew access to the seat will come in a few months.
T8191, Tobias-UK, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
£6.5bn investment sounds impressive but I wonder how much of that is on new aircraft?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Two thngs stand out for me

17. The auto hotel reservation in irrops Sounds amazing if truely capable

and secondly 5. the wifi; has anyone been in a wifi enabled flight yet? Any on short haul?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by allturnleft
and secondly 5. the wifi; has anyone been in a wifi enabled flight yet? Any on short haul?
Nothing on short haul* yet, but a fairly significant chunk of my FT posts from last year came from BA longhaul wifi. The relevant thread in the Dashboard gives various experiences from other FTers.

*I did manage to get wifi on LHR-LUX on a QR wet lease but since they prepare for landing at 30 minutes you have to type quick!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by navylad

i have to say the chicken with pigs in blankets today was delicious, chicken was nice and moist, the mash tasted great and there was nice veg and rich gravy to go with.
Is it me becoming a grumpy old b****r, or is the term “pigs in blankets “ the most childish name given to a food product?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Thomathy

Momentary excitement followed by immediate disappointment, having initially misconstrued the sort of magnum you meant.
Would that be a (champagne) magnum or a (357) magnum that you were hoping for?
Thomathy and TedToToe like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
does anyone know what the WTP revamp will involve? This is exciting for me as it's the class I usually fly in when I'm paying. From Toronto to London is March is 500 bucks cheaper on BA and I think it edges AC on the PE offering but in many forums - a few enhancements and improvements would make it a consistent product through the whole flight
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kanderson1965

Is it me becoming a grumpy old b****r,
Yes....although age doesn't seem to have anything to do with it judging by what you see posted on this forum.

'119 reasons not to fly BA'.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
does anyone know what the WTP revamp will involve? This is exciting for me as it's the class I usually fly in when I'm paying. From Toronto to London is March is 500 bucks cheaper on BA and I think it edges AC on the PE offering but in many forums - a few enhancements and improvements would make it a consistent product through the whole flight
Where possible, each seat should have a calf rest retro fitted. The blanket should be longer and thicker.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:21 am

Is the investment figure now £6.5bn? I thought it was slightly lower. I would be interested to know what they have chucked into the mix to reach that figure. The press release strikes me that (finally) the airline is becoming sensitive to the backlash against the years of enhancements.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Severn40
Is the investment figure now £6.5bn? I thought it was slightly lower. I would be interested to know what they have chucked into the mix to reach that figure. The press release strikes me that (finally) the airline is becoming sensitive to the backlash against the years of enhancements.
It was £4bn during the new CW catering launch if I remember correctly. They must have since agreed some A32X neos or something for 2040!

Ironic that the stated figure is probably 98% accounted for by new planes which are replacing 29 year old 747s.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
The single most useful enhancement they could deliver for me personally I think would be at seat USB power on SH routes. But I doubt that's coming any time soon.....
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: AA exp, Marriott Amb
This list includes nothing that would make me fly BA over any of their competitors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.