Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

19 reasons to fly with British Airways in 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19 reasons to fly with British Airways in 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Must say the new food in Club Europe (eg Lisbon) is an absolute triumph, nice one BA. looking forward to 2019
rockflyertalk and Mordac like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
It's hard to believe that they are triumphantly announcing that 6 aircraft will have new Club World by the end of the year. It's almost like they wouldn't be bothering with new seats unless the A359/77Ws were entering the fleet.

Are the 787-10's not being delivered with the new seat either?

Last edited by BrianDromey; Jan 2, 2019 at 6:23 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Thanks, C-W-S, as ever.

Interested in no 12. Just received my QF silver card (wow) with digital bag tags, so BA has taken the hint!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
It's hard to believe that they are triumphantly announcing that 6 aircraft will have new Club World by the end of the year. It's almost like they wouldn't be bothering with new seats unless the A359/77Ws were entering the fleet.

Are the 787-10's not being delivered with the new seat either?

I dont believe any of the 787-10's are being delivered in 2019, I think the first ones come in 2020. So maybe they will include these aircraft in next years "19 reasons to fly BA"

Bri
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:24 pm
Suspended

They’re just trying to catch up with their competitors, nothing to brag about really. When 2020 arrives, you won’t see ‘More than 20 aircraft that should have been retired by now’.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
You should have asked which version of the AA seat. As she hasn't seen it (and won't until it's made public) then she's just guessing.
Not quite so fast... there’s a test seat set up at Waterside and highly likely some crew have tested it.

now which AA is the question: ying yang, all forward or 767 refurb?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: Enrich
Angry

Originally Posted by jackcarr
Number 10 is badly needed, it barely even functions at times. Absolutely pathetic.
I found that I not quite like their new website. Mainly because I don't have any choice to choose the booking class of Y.

In most airline booking website, you can either choose discounted, basic or flexible price. However in BA news web interface, they only offer one Y price
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dici
I found that I not quite like their new website. Mainly because I don't have any choice to choose the booking class of Y.

In most airline booking website, you can either choose discounted, basic or flexible price. However in BA news web interface, they only offer one Y price
you can certainly choose cheapest fare available or flexible in Y on BA.com. Also if booking something where basic and plus fares are available you should be able to select between them.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:16 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly

2018 already had decent Y enhancements; the catering is generous now with magnums and snacks back in the galley as well as pre dinner snack and drinks, I though it was quite good flying Y in November
I don't completely buy that argument - BA chopped Y soft product significantly prior to that (remember the infamous ambient snack pass instead of a second meal) and it was more of a face-saving PR exercise to restore the status quo.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

you can certainly choose cheapest fare available or flexible in Y on BA.com. Also if booking something where basic and plus fares are available you should be able to select between them.
Actually I just tried it just now for SIN-GLA, there is no option for me, except they listed out Y, PE and J options. Actually the most bothering me is that they do not show the booking class of Y before check out, so I don't know which type of Y I will getting.

Maybe in case I really need to travel to GLA this month, I will try to go thru the agent over here...
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
I'd settle for them just to load enough meals on CE flight so more then the first row gets a meal choice.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dici
Actually I just tried it just now for SIN-GLA, there is no option for me, except they listed out Y, PE and J options. Actually the most bothering me is that they do not show the booking class of Y before check out, so I don't know which type of Y I will getting.

Maybe in case I really need to travel to GLA this month, I will try to go thru the agent over here...
When you first search if you select the down arrow next to cabin you get the option of selecting flexible.

In the "Review your flights" page you can click on "Flight details" which opens up a pop up showing selling class.

I did mention basic and plus economy fares but they don't exist on this route.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:34 am
Suspended

Don't see anything there to convince me to return to flying BA, unfortunately. Pretty thin list.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
When you first search if you select the down arrow next to cabin you get the option of selecting flexible.

In the "Review your flights" page you can click on "Flight details" which opens up a pop up showing selling class.

I did mention basic and plus economy fares but they don't exist on this route.
Thanks! I didn't notice that, shame on me
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:05 am

Bed bugs? No thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.