Intra-Asia
TPE-DPS MH £472
TPE-DPS CX £523
TPE-CGK CX £547
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
When booking for flights, make sure you are looking at the F Class too and not just J
I found out that on the flights I was looking, the J and F fare are identical to the last penny.
In the past, F was always beyond my reach and I never looked at anything beyond J when searching on Google/Flights. This time BA has become super generous. A flight from US to India is approx. $4400 in First on BA. The next closest one on any other airline costs $12,000+
Tobias-UK and sugarloops1 like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
One thing to note: I did try going out from INV and returning to MAN and the fare jumped by 300 quid; might be doing something wrong, but I am not sure that on this one there is so much flexibility about the point of return as there is sometimes with the BA fares.
I think some of the fares have no flexibility at all. I'm currently looking at an ex INV to LAS in Sept which is £1255 each - changing the return airport to Gla or Edi takes the fare to £2373. Currently debating whether to just book it, return to Inv and work out a plan for onwards travel or wait in the hope that things change.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by scottish minnie
I think some of the fares have no flexibility at all. I'm currently looking at an ex INV to LAS in Sept which is £1255 each - changing the return airport to Gla or Edi takes the fare to £2373. Currently debating whether to just book it, return to Inv and work out a plan for onwards travel or wait in the hope that things change.
I hope I won't get flamed for suggesting this, but you could always book the ex-INV, then book a separate LHR-EDI and use that instead of the final leg?
stephenjc likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Can anyone help me with a business class/first class fare to somewhere on the US West Coast? I’ve tried google flights repeatedly but can’t find anything very good.

need to travel 14th or 15th June, trying ex-EU and need to return 28th. So far LAS seems my best bet I think.

Some people have mentioned routes routes with multiple connections, how did you discover these??

Thank you!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
I hope I won't get flamed for suggesting this, but you could always book the ex-INV, then book a separate LHR-EDI and use that instead of the final leg?
thought about that however the luggage would be checked through from LAS to INV and we would be checked in for the domestic leg when checking in at LAS. It’s a 16 day trip so no danger of managing with hand luggage only.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Rufin
Can anyone help me with a business class/first class fare to somewhere on the US West Coast? I’ve tried google flights repeatedly but can’t find anything very good.

need to travel 14th or 15th June, trying ex-EU and need to return 28th. So far LAS seems my best bet I think.

Some people have mentioned routes routes with multiple connections, how did you discover these??

Thank you!
Inverness to LAS seems reasonable at £1730, leaving on the 15th:

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=I...0*2.GBP.172970
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by scottish minnie

thought about that however the luggage would be checked through from LAS to INV and we would be checked in for the domestic leg when checking in at LAS. It’s a 16 day trip so no danger of managing with hand luggage only.
Ah, I hadn't thought of that! The only other suggestion I have is to see about the pricing of INV-LHR-LAS-LGW LHR-INV? Get BA2276 from LAS to LGW on the way home, and then the final leg would be LHR-INV (as there's no LGW-INV), that way you'd have to collect your luggage at LGW.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Hi all,

Some quick advise too see if my assumptions are correct.
Home base is Singapore, generally WTP and CW fares are massively expensive, basically WTP equals the club fares you see ex EU.
I have plans to go to London, Barcelona and Amsterdam in July and looking to see the best way to price this.
I am flexible with the departure point, being SIN-KUL-BKK etc. Limited flexibility on dates. I have done the JHB-KUL-LHR sector before when it was nearly half the price compared to ex SIN. But today this is not the case.

Departure to LHR around July 19 (ideal)
To BCN from LHR July 23
BCN-AMS July 29
AMS-SIN August 2

In WTP I can source from the BA site:
SIN-LHR vv SGD 3000 (GBP 1690)
SIN-LHR-BCN and AMS-SIN for SGD 3500 (GBP 1975)
SIN-LHR-BCN, BCN-AMS, AMS-SIN SGD 4796 (GBP 2706)
BCN-AMS (via lhr) SGD 416 one way (GBP 234) (if I fly with KLM direct for cheaper I don't have the bag allowance)

I am a noob when it comes to checking outside of the BA site or Expedia type sites.. ITA Matrix etc I only know how to spell.

It is a personal trip, 2 pax, although the 2nd pax will fly back a week or so later.

Any thoughts, should I hold out for a sale?

Globalist
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Globalist
Hi all,

Home base is Singapore, generally WTP and CW fares are massively expensive, basically WTP equals the club fares you see ex EU.
I have plans to go to London, Barcelona and Amsterdam in July and looking to see the best way to price this.
I am flexible with the departure point, being SIN-KUL-BKK etc. Limited flexibility on dates. I have done the JHB-KUL-LHR sector before when it was nearly half the price compared to ex SIN. But today this is not the case.

To BCN from LHR July 23
BCN-AMS July 29
AMS-SIN August 2

BCN-AMS (via lhr) SGD 416 one way (GBP 234) (if I fly with KLM direct for cheaper I don't have the bag allowance)

I am a noob when it comes to checking outside of the BA site or Expedia type sites.. ITA Matrix etc I only know how to spell.

It is a personal trip, 2 pax, although the 2nd pax will fly back a week or so later.

Globalist
If you are not limited to BA, you can have SGN-FCO/MXP/FRA(BCN a few days ago, not now any more) on Etihad ,slightly above US$2000, less than S$3000. Availability wide open in July. can search through google flight and book

Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Globalist
Hi all,

To BCN from LHR July 23
BCN-AMS July 29
AMS-SIN August 2

Globalist
You can try Oman, Qatar, or Etihad from Jakarta. Business class returns to Amsterdam or London can often be Found for $2000 US.
Globalist likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: BA - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Silver

Last edited by sunguy; Apr 11, 2019 at 7:56 am Reason: Out of place and already suggested.....
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:01 am

AMS to BKK J fare

Hi. I've travelled this route a couple of times and regularly checked the fares for probably 4-5 years. Most times of the year J fare has always been ~€1200. As of the last time I checked yesterday the cheapest any month is ~€2000. Seems like a really odd and massive increase after years of the other fare. Could there be an error at the moment? Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. I've travelled this route a couple of times and regularly checked the fares for probably 4-5 years. Most times of the year J fare has always been ~€1200. As of the last time I checked yesterday the cheapest any month is ~€2000. Seems like a really odd and massive increase after years of the other fare. Could there be an error at the moment? Thanks.
This fare has been pulled.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Bronze Executive Club Member
Morning All, how are prices LON > SYD historically in J? Remember a one-off with QATAR a few years back below £2,000 but not seen anything recently from them. For BA, don't see anything below £3k.

Targeting March 2020 so got time and would prefer near the £2k mark pp. Live in Jersey so already well positioned for Ex-EU.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Looking to visit Dubai or Abu Dhabi for New Year- around Dec 28 - Jan 2. Any tips for cheapest flight, routing/ ex EU starting points?
thanks
J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.