TPE-DPS MH Ł472
TPE-DPS CX Ł523
TPE-CGK CX Ł547
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by thebigben
I wonder if you could go Stockholm to Melbourne and Honolulu to Oslo... those are two cheap return fares but could be tricky to get it patched together.
Jester premium class works for getting between Oz and HNL but would only earn in QFF.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by flashware
Jester premium class works for getting between Oz and HNL but would only earn in QFF.
Fiji airways?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by orbitmic
in a nutshell at the time the premium fare deal forum was revamped, there was a big consultation on how to organise it. Some of us proposed threads or sub fora by alliance but that was rejected by others at the time so the mods are merely implementing the decision taken at the time.
Sometimes rules are necessary, but sometimes they just get in the way of doing something useful. I'm still debating whether or not I want to spend the same time and effort on a wiki but this time on the BA forum. There's at least a few fares I'll be able to add shortly.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
...There's at least a few fares I'll be able to add shortly.
A noticed a few of the tasty fares have disappeared over night - the DUB-USA etc
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
A noticed a few of the tasty fares have disappeared over night - the DUB-USA etc
I noticed this too. Was looking at LAS for under €1300, should of booked 🙁
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:21 am
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Yes, the luxury sale ended last night.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:27 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Sometimes rules are necessary, but sometimes they just get in the way of doing something useful. I'm still debating whether or not I want to spend the same time and effort on a wiki but this time on the BA forum. There's at least a few fares I'll be able to add shortly.
If those fares are OW, then they should be in a dedicated topic on the oneworld forum, BA is not the only member of OW. A BA fare wiki could be added to this thread. There used to be one but it disappears because of the high maintenance level of such things.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If I can remind folks of what was originally concluded for this thread when it first started (excuse the references to previous versions of the TP run thread etc.) :

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.
Quick reminder of the ideas:
  • If you add a fare, please also add a link to (or the name of) the site where you can book it to make it easier for others to book the fare. You can use Google flight search but it helps if you have checked the actual booking link.
  • Fares should not be part of a well published sale. For that use When is the next BA sale?
  • If a fare is a complex itinerary, optimising TPs and under GBP 2,50 per TP, please post it in the BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread
  • Please focus on fares ex-UK or ex-EU
  • As this thread is meant for good deals that provide TPs on BAEC, please feel free to add exEU or exUK fares on BA, QR, IB, CX, AA or other OW partners to popular destinations.
  • Please post possible mistake fares / obscure routings in the MR forum under Premium Fare Deals and provide a link in a post in this thread.
  • If you found the fare elsewhere (on FT or a blog), please credit the original source in your post in the thread.
  • Thank you for your contribution(s) !
Within that context there did used to be a wiki but after a while it wasn't updated hence why it was cleared. If someone (or a few people) want to add one and keep it relatively up to date that is always a very valuable thing.

By way of comparison, on the TP run thread which I start every year I must admit I probably don't spend as much time as I should updating the TP run thread wiki a unfortunately I can't dedicate the time I would like to it, but I am grateful for those who do update it.

In terms of information on good fares being in several places or possibly duplicated that is always something which will happen to an extent. In TP run thread I have added a list of the various places on FT people may wish to subscibe to and visit, all of them having a slightly different focus:

Other FT threads/boards to watch & external sites
The TP run thread is often a place where good fares are posted aimed at good TP earning. However, it isn’t the only place on FT where such fares are discussed. Here are some other threads/boards you may wish to subscribe to which all relate to good fares.

Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just booked LIN-LCY/LHR-JFK-LHR-LIN in Nov, CW for Ł1128

E.g. https://flights.app.goo.gl/Rv26m

Fare ILN8T2S6 FROM ITALY -
PERMITTED 03JAN THROUGH 30JUN OR 01NOV THROUGH 20DEC FOR
EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
TO ITALY -
PERMITTED 24DEC THROUGH 14MAY OR 20AUG THROUGH 18DEC FOR
Sisyphus1carus and mikeyfly like this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Good that you can build BA01 into this
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by chistery
Just booked LIN-LCY/LHR-JFK-LHR-LIN in Nov, CW for Ł1128

E.g. https://flights.app.goo.gl/Rv26m

Fare ILN8T2S6 FROM ITALY -
PERMITTED 03JAN THROUGH 30JUN OR 01NOV THROUGH 20DEC FOR
TO ITALY -
PERMITTED 24DEC THROUGH 14MAY OR 20AUG THROUGH 18DEC FOR
If I'm not mistaking if you buy the this ticket on an Italian website then you dont need to position there as legally your ticket doesn't become a no show
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Palty
If I'm not mistaking if you buy the this ticket on an Italian website then you dont need to position there as legally your ticket doesn't become a no show
Ah, handy to know. I booked the LIN-LCY flight the day before the one to JFK though so I can do that easily and then have a sleep in my own bed that night.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Palty
I wouldn't chance it... I doubt BA systems are clever enough to not auto-cancel when connecting from Italy. You'd then have the task of explaining to a BA ticket agent that BA are not allowed to cancel you JFK flight, so please re-instate. Of course, your seat has now been re-allocated, and the ticket agent would have no idea what you were talking about
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I wouldn't chance it... I doubt BA systems are clever enough to not auto-cancel when connecting from Italy. You'd then have the task of explaining to a BA ticket agent that BA are not allowed to cancel you JFK flight, so please re-instate. Of course, your seat has now been re-allocated, and the ticket agent would have no idea what you were talking about
indeed. I can see the glazed look on the agent’s face now as you try to tell them under Italian law you should be allowed to fly. Of course even if they accept they shouldn’t auto cancel perhaps they suggest the booking now needs re pricing too

just take the flight it’s easier

btw if you can start this in MXP it will be much easier since a b2b is perfectly possible there. Do not attempt to do a b2b in LIN.
george77300 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.