T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by T8191

Same could be said for the not-lamented SD-330
I was not quite expecting to see the Shed being mentioned in the DYKWIA thread
Most noisy situations can be fixed with a DC "13.4"

Anyway, there are benefits to those noise making machines. You can hardly hear the noise from other punters, including DYKWIAs.
T8191 and rapidex like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & GfL, HHons Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, IHGSpire Elite, Kimpton Inner Circ
Not a BA instance but as we seem to all enjoy general DWKWIA and I have not seen this posted previously I thought the group might enjoy. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/when-...attle-hansson/ Mods please delete if it has been posted before
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Originally Posted by SaturdayKid
Not a BA instance but as we seem to all enjoy general DWKWIA and I have not seen this posted previously I thought the group might enjoy. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/when-...attle-hansson/ Mods please delete if it has been posted before
Thanks for posting but this seems almost "too perfect" to be true!
Shingi, CallBell, Scots_Al and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SaturdayKid
Ah, the voices of the innocent...
A priority check-in facility is available for our bags, which means they will come first upon arrival
T8191, frasier, s1362083 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The FT has cooked up an example of the genre as one section of today's Work Tribes ("Listen in on the conversations of the characters who populate the workplace"):-
‘Hold bag? No way. That is what I call a cattle-class error’

Sean, the smug international traveller

So I’ll be away for about 15 days. Straight back into the office, yes. I’m getting the red-eye from LAX. I’ve got it down to a fine art. Fast-track through security, ŕ la carte supper in the Qantas lounge (those miles I racked up negotiating the Sydney JV in 2016 finally paid off), tackle the vital emails, then straight on to BA280. Turn left at the end of the jetway, wheels up 17:00. Eye mask on, earplugs in. I usually wake up just in time for a light snack and a cup of Earl Grey somewhere over Cork before touchdown at LHR.

Actually, jet lag has never bothered me. I am blessed with the perfect metabolism and mindset for frequent flying. Mind you, I stick to a strict routine. Last time I went through Dubai they had relocated the snacks in the first class lounge at DXB and finding them cost me vital minutes. I had to break into a trot to make the gate. And it troubles me that Emirates is taking so long to phase out the 2-3-2 seat configuration on its 777s. Extraordinary what they think they can get away with.

alex67500 and Lucanesque like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Do all these people who say "I travel every week with this giant bag!" also use the same excuse when they get parking tickets, "I park here against the parking regulations every week, how dare you give me a ticket?".
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by BillyBleach

Cue, the resulting comments “no, no, you are wrong, I can assure this is not the case” “I fly to the US all the time” “in fact I flew last week and didn’t need an ESTA”.

diplomat? Maybe or probably just hot air.
More likely his ESTA expired last week.

In fairness, I did exactly this when I first got Global Entry and assumed I now had some kind of 5yr ESTA attached to it. Fortunately I wasn't a nob about it at check in and as such the very helpful check in girl helped me quickly do the form and it was approved in about 20 minutes.
wrp96 and dombo17uk like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
This is the point at which you pray for a Marshall McLuhan moment...

https://youtu.be/jRcMsqCbzWk
msm2000uk and GaxxyFlyer like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
In fairness, I did exactly this when I first got Global Entry and assumed I now had some kind of 5yr ESTA attached to it. Fortunately I wasn't a nob about it at check in and as such the very helpful check in girl helped me quickly do the form and it was approved in about 20 minutes.
My GE interview officer told me after the interview that I did not need an ESTA anymore as long as my GE was active.

Fortunately, my ESTA was still valid on my next travel to the US when I had SSSS and the gate agent asked me if I had ESTA and I said I did but did not think I needed it with GE. He told me I did which I later confirmed. Thinking about it – not sure why he asked as surely I would not have been able to even get my boarding pass without a valid ESTA…
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by jfallesen
My GE interview officer told me after the interview that I did not need an ESTA anymore as long as my GE was active.

The interview officers have questionable knowledge of non-citizen/LPR entry requirements. I was also told erroneous information by mine, which took quite some effort to correct.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by jfallesen

Fortunately, my ESTA was still valid on my next travel to the US when I had SSSS and the gate agent asked me if I had ESTA and I said I did but did not think I needed it with GE. He told me I did which I later confirmed. Thinking about it – not sure why he asked as surely I would not have been able to even get my boarding pass without a valid ESTA
It is also possible for a passenger to be travelling to the US on a visa, even citizens from ESTA countries are allowed (sometimes required) to have a visa to enter the US.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:44 am

Not exactly on BA but BA related..
Flying back from MAD to LHR yesterday afternoon, seated in row 2. 4 people in row 1, one of whom moved after takeoff from 1C to 3D (1A was occupied, 3F was not). As an aside, BA staff seem to spend much more time in the passenger cabin than Iberia staff.
We circled for about 10 minutes then began the descent. About 2 minutes from landing there was a commotion and a woman dashed up from the back of the plane and plonked herself down in 1C. Cabin crew remonstrated with her and she replied " I need to be off first or I'll miss my connection". FA said, reasonably, that everyone wants to be off first. She then started ranting about it was all BA's fault because they should have been on a BA flight but BA had moved them to Iberia. "We are premium passengers with BA, and we need to get off first" she insisted. FA reiterated that other people had connections too. "Not to Newcastle" she said - well, how can you argue with that? The gentleman in 1F remarked that we all wanted to get off first and that was one of the reasons for sitting at the front of the plane. She responded that she should be sitting in the front too because they were premium passengers with BA. Now there were at least 3 empty business class seats so if they had been "premium" they would surely have been assigned one of these seats?
She continued to mutter about having to be off the plane first and she should have been up the front. 1F responded that actually those at the front had paid extra to be at the front. That didn't go down too well. Apparently her husband was still sitting "at the back" because he had refused to join her charge to the front and the FAs at the back "wouldn't let us move to the front". He had stayed at the back "because he was a man, and they don't do things that women do" - which made me cringe as a British female in case anyone thought we were all the same.
There are usually 5 LHR flights to NCL a day and there would still have been two more even if she had missed the next one.
Makes you embarrassed to be British sometimes. Unfortunately I don't look in the slightest Spanish so couldn't pretend.
When we got to disembark she dashed off first and then stood waiting for her husband to join her..
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by hjd36
When we got to disembark she dashed off first and then stood waiting for her husband to join her..
Hilarious (and a bit sad).
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
A genuine IKWYA (I know who you are) (perhaps belongs in celeb) anyway flying SIN back to LHr on the BA12, Prof Brian Cox and party of three attempted to jump the queue at the security check to the gate area (A380, long premium queue of F, CW and BAEC/OW status pax). The Singapore agent had none of it and sent them to the back of the queue saying ‘there all premium passengers, the back of the queue is that way.

He was prob in CW as wasn’t in the F cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.