Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:57 am

Just remembered a very minor case of DYKWIA that happened to me earlier in 2019.

I live in a new build block of flats featuring a posh - at least for my wallet - penthouse flat on the top floor (which was on sale for a few millions two years ago).

On that fateful day, as I entered the lift, I heard the door that leads to the car park being opened. I hold the elevator door and a dapper man enters the lift. As we made our way up (him to the top floor, me much lower) he spots my BA badge hanging from my neck.

“I’m one of your gold guest lists” he says with great pride and lifts his bag to show a gold tag hanging there as a mean to confirm it. I congratulated him on the achievement and then made a swift exit towards my apartment, leaving him to continue his ascent.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:13 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
Just out of curiosity why would anyone steal it?

Its not like if i found a gold luggage tag on the floor, i can take it to the lounges and get in can i? haha
O'Leary probably has baggage handlers on a bonus for collecting status tags!
Dover2Golf and alex67500 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:22 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by lhrpete
O'Leary probably has baggage handlers on a bonus for collecting status tags!
Didn't O'Leary make staff collect pens from hotels for office use?

What use will O'Leary make of second-hand status tags? Establish Ryanair GGL where your only benefit is a recycled status tag?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Cough .. Cough ...... thought this was a DYKWIA forum!
DYKWIA, NoY, BadgerBoi and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
Just out of curiosity why would anyone steal it?

Its not like if i found a gold luggage tag on the floor, i can take it to the lounges and get in can i? haha
I really have absolutely no idea why they would. If it wasn't fixed by steel wire, I'd say it got pulled off, but the handle might have given before the steel wire.

Only thing I'd hazard a guess was it vexxed them. And it got put in the bin. Or there's a strange shed full of other peoples BA Gold cards in the Irish countryside...
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Smid
I really have absolutely no idea why they would. If it wasn't fixed by steel wire, I'd say it got pulled off, but the handle might have given before the steel wire.

Only thing I'd hazard a guess was it vexxed them. And it got put in the bin. Or there's a strange shed full of other peoples BA Gold cards in the Irish countryside...
Perhaps a more likely explanation is that the small plastic area (between the hole through which the steel wire passed and the edge of the card) snapped.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:03 pm
Suspended

DYKWIA ... should the title be changed?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
DYKWIA ... should the title be changed?
It will next month, to DYKWIA 2020 - and get back on topic too
red duster, estate, T8191 and 15 others like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Cough .. Cough ...... thought this was a DYKWIA forum!
Nasty cough you have there, hope it gets better soon.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by antichef
I believe 2019 started with a long discussion on eggs and subsequent mod clear up. I have high hopes for 2020 to not enter serious discussion territory.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Personally, I'm finding the speculation over what happened to Smid's luggage tag quite gripping. It deserves its own thread.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Misco60
Personally, I'm finding the speculation over what happened to Smid's luggage tag quite gripping. It deserves its own thread.
Sadly it is no longer gripping a suitcase.
antichef, blaknail, Smid and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by antichef
😊, but we still have a few days left of 2019.

09/12/2019 BA 908 LHR-FRA,

Striped shirt guy walks on board (Didn’t see him in Group 1 queue) with 3 pieces and immediately opens the closed overheads above row 1, tuts that they are full (his gold tags clearly visible. I’m thinking he’s in row 1 to 5 of CE.

He then stuffs one bag in Row 5 CE, proceeds to row 8 or 9 and stuffs his other 2 pieces above those rows and heads off immediately to rear toilets.

And then instead of waiting for the passengers to finish boarding, proceeds to go up the aisle against the traffic and causing delays. Then proceeds to manoeuvre into window seat in ET row 8 or 9.

DYK!
hsmall, T8191, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
Striped shirt guy walks on board (Didn’t see him in Group 1 queue) with 3 pieces and immediately opens the closed overheads above row 1, tuts that they are full (his gold tags clearly visible. I’m thinking he’s in row 1 to 5 of CE.

That guy should be shot (or at least offloaded). It’s one thing bringing on board 3 pieces of luggage; but trying to stuff it above row 1 when he is in row 8 is a whole new level of egotistical self entitlement.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by AverageHighFlyer
That guy should be shot (or at least offloaded). It’s one thing bringing on board 3 pieces of luggage; but trying to stuff it above row 1 when he is in row 8 is a whole new level of egotistical self entitlement.
Blame the Gate staff for not enforcing the rules. It happens all the time, in the interest of punctual departures.
nilsfr69 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.