Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Just as an aside, I would bet a fair chunk of coin that whoever is sounding off like this on Twitter is also on FT. So, whoever it is, please pack it in. You're not impressing anyone. Go back to revving your car too loud outside the local Asda.
Crampedin13A, wrp96, Cymro and 7 others like this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
What is “Gold Member of the British 1/2”?
You need to find tweet 2/2 to solve that mystery.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:55 am

I think that the 1/2 is used to signify that it's part 1 of a 2 part message.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
It sounds like just a common or garden case of "I understand the rules, I just think they shouldn't apply to me".
Appropriate post from The_Bouncer !
Your names not down you’re not coming in.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Just as an aside, I would bet a fair chunk of coin that whoever is sounding off like this on Twitter is also on FT. So, whoever it is, please pack it in. You're not impressing anyone. Go back to revving your car too loud outside the local Asda.
the comments under airlines posts on Facebook are also enlightening. I can’t decide if there’s lots of high level frequent flyers who don’t know basic stuff like that being a frequent flyer doesn’t make their discount economy ticket become magically fully flexible etc, or whether there’s a lot of people who claim to be high level frequent flyers but are actually clueless idiots chancing their arm
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
just spent a happy few minutes on that Twitter account - this individual really does sound like a prize plum; BA should just explain to him that no, sorry, GGL isn't important enough to allow Arrivals Lounge access on short-haul since (shock horror) there are a few thousand GGLs out there and (even more shock horror) at least a hundred or more will be flying into T5 short-haul any given day - hence it's a capacity issue

I mean, honestly.

The other tweets are complaining about the shower gel in T5 lounges being diluted (eh?) and also berating Virgin Trains for allowing their staff to run the First Class service too quickly....as if Virgin Trains was meant to be a real "first class" thing. Oh dear.
HIDDY and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Cymro
"2/2 Airways Executive Club, arriving into Heathrow on a long-haul flight in any class of travel."

(Or words to that effect. It's saying that this is the first tweet, but it's too long, so they need a second).
Thanks .... from BA Site "a Gold Member of the British Airways Executive Club arriving on a British Airways long haul flight"

Couldn't find 2/2 on Twitter ... :-)
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ratypus
just spent a happy few minutes on that Twitter account - this individual really does sound like a prize plum
His zero followers are obviously impressed with his premium travel escapades.
flylikelinz likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bhbloke
His zero followers are obviously impressed with his premium travel escapades.
... and his ridiculous outbursts craving for attention makes one doubt whether he is GGL, let alone even Bronze
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Sorry, I couldn't resist replying to his arrivals lounge twittery with a touch of the "mine's bigger than yours"!
megaloman and TWCLAM like this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:35 am

I guess some people on here haven't seen the Gold & GGL Facebook group - pretty much the same nonsense consistently spewed that thankfully I only spent a few days part of!
HIDDY, T8191, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I guess some people on here haven't seen the Gold & GGL Facebook group - pretty much the same nonsense consistently spewed that thankfully I only spent a few days part of!
I am not surprised - "mine is bigger than yours" and all that... Still, same question as posed earlier applies: how many of these people are wannabe's, and how many actually do have that card in hand? - I would hope that "the real deal" people would not subject themselves to such ridiculousness.. One can only hope
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:47 am

Many many moons ago when I was a freshly-minted graduate I did one of my most valuable experiences ever: 15 weeks working in T5, T3 and T1 as an A3 customer services agent. Apart from examples of pure, distilled stupidity, I learned how to cope with pressure and how widespread this kind of d*uchebaggery is.

The Arrivals Lounge, Galleries North and the “Million dollar door” were its epicentres: people trying to blag their way in, people pretending to be reading emails in order not to get their boarding pass swiped, people pretending to be on the phone, others who claimed that AA’s “Gold” is not actually oneworld ruby (or whatever it was).

Then there were the guys who pretended that Istanbul is long haul because it’s “on a big plane” (those were the 767 days)... and finally those who plain and simply went for the bullying way. The CCR “million dollar” door was where it most happened, on one simple 2-hour stretch I got called a f***ing bureaucrat, a tw*t and a very miserable man by as many different people who couldn’t be given access to CCR (and I was allowing people with clear mobility issues to cut through to go the Gold lounge when needed, and I tried to be the most polite I could).

All this spiel to say that this Twitter guy’s outbursts are a very common behaviour indeed.
Fraser, Skyline, A P Yu and 7 others like this.

Last edited by 13901; Nov 5, 2019 at 7:56 am
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I was invited to join, but rarely comment. Way above my pay-scale, with selfies in ME3 F all over the place!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I am sad that he was not allowed in to the lounge. The more folk like that get in to the lounge, the less chance I have of bumping in to them in my secret Blue places.
wrp96, deboyzoned and jfallesen like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.