Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by billyb750
Classic DYKWIA behaviour at PSA yesterday, where priority boarding of Groups 1-3 had been conflated into one. As a result, the priority boarding queue was huge.
Isn't this a bit pointless at PSA when there's a single jet bridge at the airport so it's mostly a bus departure where these Group 1s might end up boarding with Group 4s? The horror.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
On a recent flight from LHR, the couple in front of me in the group 1 queue clearly had “group 5” on the boarding passes they were waving about.

i am not sure if it was the system, or Karma, but the automatic gates rejected them both, and I noted they eventually boarded very near the end
T8191, YacozA and WickedStepMother like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Smid
Pretty much every shorthaul I've been on in recent times (not a lot, I suppose, perhaps 8) on BA, they called Group 1 and 2 together, which frankly is a bit much with the size of people that can be.

So SH Priority boarding has failed as a thing IMHO, so I, unusually so for a queue barger, do have some sympathy for people who are flying in the face of another BA promise fail...
isnt groups 1 and 2 boarding together how it used to be back in the good old days?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by nancypants
isnt groups 1 and 2 boarding together how it used to be back in the good old days?
I think it was Priority and all of Gold/Silver/Bronze were priority.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:56 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
On a flight in CE last week, with the BoB service long completed and access to the rear toilets restored, a man burst through the curtains and strode determinedly towards the front toilet.

The CSM politely pointed out to him - "I'm just letting you know Sir" - that there were two toilets at the back of the Y cabin that he could use. Now most people would haven taken that hint and retreated, but the interloper was having none of it, berating the CSM who had no realistic option but to let him past with another reminder: "I was merely advising you Sir".

His rationale, I later discovered when chatting to the crew, was that "I'm a Silver card holder". I'm sure he must have also said 'over entitled', but they were far too professional to let on.

Now the sad thing is the crew are pretty much powerless to stop anyone who acts in this manner, because they fear a complaint being made against them. However baseless it might be, it seems to count against them - so they only fight battles they have an overwhelming chance of winning.
T8191 and nancypants like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Not BA related at all, but still very DYKWIA.

Waiting to board an Air France flight back to LHR last week, there was a bit of a delay. The ground staff were advising those who were eligible to head back to the lounge as it would likely be a while before boarding. Then a rather loud American in the queue pipes up. I wasn't paying attention to every word he said, but he wasn't happy. I did however notice when he blasted out to the gate staff "I CAN ACCESS EVERY DAMN AIRPORT LOUNGE IN THE WORLD EXCEPT YOURS AS THOSE B*TCHES WOULDN'T LET ME IN".

The staff ignored him and he went off in a huff.

Would have loved to found out the whole story and whether the staff were genuinely at fault or it was his failure.

Another side note was that he had two roller bags, a rucksack and a carrier bag. Admittedly I don't know the Air France policy when it comes to cabin baggage, but I suspect it's not that generous.

[shamelessplug] If only I hadn't posted my list of people behaving badly a few days previously, he would have likely made it on to it [/shamelessplug]
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jwhite9185

[shamelessplug] If only I hadn't posted my list of people behaving badly a few days previously, he would have likely made it on to it [/shamelessplug]
Just for you, fron Mrs Geeks first ever CE flight. { I would have told her off, but she has amazing legs. }
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by The Geek
Just for you, fron Mrs Geeks first ever CE flight. { I would have told her off, but she has amazing legs. }
Now you're just showing off
The Geek likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Fitch
Now you're just showing off
I know, we got 1D & 1F! Couldn't resist.

Last edited by The Geek; Oct 23, 2019 at 8:48 am
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I wear the First PJ on my long haul J flights regardless of carrier asit keeps my clothes cleaner for putting back on at the end of the flight ( or a spare set of clothes), keeps the trousers less crumpled and it does not matter if some food or drink spills on pjs . I also find it helps me relax a bit more.

Regards

TBS
Me too, including daytime LH.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by The Geek
Oh dear .......

Just don’t let it become a habit! 😐
T8191 and watersign like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by 13901
I didn't snap a photo because I was rushing to work, but there's a shop on the corner of Old street and Kingsland in East London that is selling a pair of socks marked with the ever so-classy "First Class B*tch". Perhaps something to add to the DYKWIA washbag?
"First Class B*tch"quite paradoxical for a non-native English speaker, since it's First class but second-hand :-)
13901 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Originally Posted by firstlight
But it's got to be the black temperley pjs, DYKIFFITLSM (do you know I flew first in the last six months), so much more understated than the old ones (used for gardening) with the 'first' embroidered logo
I flew back from Buenos Aries today in CW (no F on that particular route) and wore my Emirates PJs in order to avoid wearing my BA F ones (last time I flew BA F was in march this year so still have the PJs with the First logo on the pyjamas. I do prefer to change into PJs on a flight and the ones I have from M and S would definitely cause me to feel self-conscious............
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Cleaning your own space....

Just sat on the AA PHL to MAN in Business. Taking great amazement in watching a lady use around 4327 wet wipes to clean half the cabin around her.... I've seen people do the tray table and stuff before but she's doing the air vents and everything, virtually dismantling parts of it.

Just as I'm in total wonderment thinking this is a little excessive the bloke sat across the aisle from me, no connection to her, replicates the behaviour almost identically.

All I can think is they must all have really weak Immune systems or I'm just a dirty, lazy oaf as I can't be arsed to clean any of it.....
Old Oct 31, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
Just sat on the AA PHL to MAN in Business. Taking great amazement in watching a lady use around 4327 wet wipes to clean half the cabin around her.... I've seen people do the tray table and stuff before but she's doing the air vents and everything, virtually dismantling parts of it.

Just as I'm in total wonderment thinking this is a little excessive the bloke sat across the aisle from me, no connection to her, replicates the behaviour almost identically.

All I can think is they must all have really weak Immune systems or I'm just a dirty, lazy oaf as I can't be arsed to clean any of it.....
They do have something in common - you have remembered to shower today, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.