Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:09 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
The FT censors got to that URL so those so inclined will need to figure out the 4 letter word starting with "F".
Or just google red trousers.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by BA97
This is a well-documented phenomenon. Those bemused by it may get a lot of value out of this blog.
It SERIOUSLY is well-documented. They are fairly often on the TLS flights too... occasionally titled (but then so am I haha) so I do not hesitate to send them to the back
of the line when they barge in (and they DO!). Terry Wogan and his wife used to be on the TLS flight fairly often as they had a house in the Gers, and I did see him wear RTs... but what a lovely man, so
no beef there.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Pearls? Pearls?! Diamonds are a girl's best friend!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by The Geek
I have a pair of bright fluorescent orange Superdry swim shorts which I think I shall wear every time I travel J from now on. If nothing else, at least the FTers will know who I am.
Oh I've been doing this for years. Except I don't wear shorts, I have the Speedo ones.

Funnily enough, all the BA staff do know who I am. So it must work...
BotB likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Mmmm. Go to any well-to-do social event in the Netherlands at the weekend and you will see plenty of middle-class Dutch people wearing muted-primary-colored trousers of various shades...

Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: QF WP
Ugh, I had to deal with a couple of British tourists in Arnhem Land just recently, both wearing the full safari suit with pith helmet; the bloke insisted on lecturing a couple of locals about aboriginal culture, as if he might know more about it than they do (being aboriginal as they were, I mean what would they know?). The chick kept crapping on about how they were somewhere completely undiscovered by man (ignoring the fact that there’s 16000 people living there right this minute and it’s not exactly a rare destination for non aboriginal people these days)

i imagine these are the types to wear red trousers on planes. For the avoidance of doubt they weren’t even that old (late 50s-early 60s perhaps). The bloke didn’t have a bag but the woman had an Emirates brag tag so at least the BA forum is off the hook 😉
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:19 am

I wear red trousers!

Here's a picture.

Okay, shoes need a bit of a brush up; I'll get the valet to do it right away.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:59 am

Shouldn’t the shoes be suede?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Can we get this thread back on topic please.
Globalist, estate, PAL62V and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Brighterside
I was just in a boarding queue at LHR and they called boarding for red trousered pax before group 1. I tried to argue that my mustard corduroys were entitled to priority boarding as well but they weren’t having it
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle

I was just in a boarding queue at LHR and they called boarding for red trousered pax before group 1. I tried to argue that my mustard corduroys were entitled to priority boarding as well but they weren’t having it
Damm I might be out of luck with my Tartan trousers I really need to be boarded before my group 1 entitlement..... oh the joy of SSSS then your first on before anyone else
John
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
I’m heading to T5 shortly and I can’t tell you how tempted I am to wear my red jeans (that I bought in a weak moment that don’t see the light of air very often!)
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:30 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by The Geek
I have a pair of bright fluorescent orange Superdry swim shorts which I think I shall wear every time I travel J from now on. If nothing else, at least the FTers will know who I am.
I'm actually wearing the exact same right now

Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
Oh, rats. Does this mean I need a pith helmet for my J trip to JNB next month to go with the linen suit? Should I tuck the gold card into the strap?
You should wear it on a gold chain around your neck for the best effect.
Or maybe have a chain on it in your pocket so it resembles a pocket watch.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:27 am

I completely agree with you.
The trouble is there's not too much DYKWIA behaviour being reported so it's relatively easy to stray off topic. Having said that, red trousers do relate to a side comment about a DYKWIA incident made recently. I guess it's clearly run it's course for most people
Brighterside, wrp96 and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
I'm a BA Gold don't you know, and if I want to discuss my fellow DYKWIAmers attire, I think it's completely on topic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.