Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Link to Text of the regulations in PDF format

Downgrades: Mennens case - calculation formula is in this post
787 cancellations due to Trent engine issues - CEDR ruling information from the post in the 2018 thread and onwards.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Here is the direct link to the relevant forum topic:
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Many thanks Krisz I shall give that a read. I was surprised that BA fed my friend such silly excuses, but I guess that was their first line of defence, it's appears to be a straightforward claim to me.

I have used Resolver before with success, it's a free tool recommendeed by MSE and easy to use.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
feiend just needs to reply pointing out the definition is difference between scheduled and actual arrival times

I'd also be tempted to say that it really isnt acceptable for BA to get this detail wrong.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Doors open is the critical time, don't let BA fob you off.
LothianLad likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
feiend just needs to reply pointing out the definition is difference between scheduled and actual arrival times

I'd also be tempted to say that it really isnt acceptable for BA to get this detail wrong.
I was a little taken aback when he told me, do BA really expect people to walk away after that, I guess they must have some that do.

He is now going down the line of submitting via Resolver the same as myself. I already have a case number from BA for my claim, let's see how easy they make it.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Resolver is just an automated message wrapper and tracker mechanism. In terms of how BA treat Resolver claims, it's exactly the same as a direct claim other than that BA ask Resolver clients to close down the case at the MSE end, since they are unable to do so alone.

Having said that, it seems an incorrect response and there are no shortage of those in this thread. I generally advise against applying too quickly since it takes a day or two for the updates to all come in, claiming after about 3 or 4 days seems better. As ever, if BA comes back with an incorrect / unacceptable reply, there is no point going into ping-pong mode, just ask for confirmation that their answer will not change and then it is off to CEDR.
LothianLad likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
This headwind thing to gnaw back 10 minutes on a flight that's just over 3hrs late really makes me smile. I wonder if it actually works...
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
I am still waiting for a claim made Sept. 12 for hotel and meals for two people for a flight cancelation due to the pilot strike. Can never get through to the CS phone line, twitter has given me the canned ‘they will get to you as soon as possible’ response too many times to count now, and an online form submission has gone unanswered as well. We are talking about Ł230 here - I didn’t even claim any transportation costs, dinner was cheap as we weren’t that hungry and we had breakfast in the lounge. Ridiculous.
I have just been paid this week for my claim made around the same date
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by anniegray
I have just been paid this week for my claim made around the same date
I still have not.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:12 pm

Flight delayed

Hi I was on the ba flight from MCO to lgw Wednesday night that was delayed, and we arrived 3 hours 49 mintues odd late.

Would. I be able to claim for this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk Ieuanb, welcome also to the BA forum, and I hope we will see more of you.

Was the cause of the delay due to the IT problems getting the flight plan submitted? If so I would be pretty much certain it is eligible for Article 7 compensation.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk Ieuanb, welcome also to the BA forum, and I hope we will see more of you.

Was the cause of the delay due to the IT problems getting the flight plan submitted? If so I would be pretty much certain it is eligible for Article 7 compensation.

Thanks for the quick reply and I shall be more active.

Yes I belive so ba2036.

We landed at 11:21 so 9 mintues short of the 4 hour time period so I believe it will only be half the amount?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ieuanb
We landed at 11:21 so 9 mintues short of the 4 hour time period so I believe it will only be half the amount?
Yes, you have got the hang of it, had it been a bit later then it would be 600€, instead you are looking at 300€ per person. But in a way that is an incentive to prevent an excessive delay.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, you have got the hang of it, had it been a bit later then it would be 600€, instead you are looking at 300€ per person. But in a way that is an incentive to prevent an excessive delay.
Was my 1st ever flight with BA aswell.

But I understand these things happen.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA exec club silver
Delayed Larnaca flight

Originally Posted by LothianLad
Just looking for a bit of advice, never had reason to submit a claim against BA previously.

Last Wednesday (13th), BA LHR - LCA. Boarded aircraft, pushed back but stopped after about 20 feet. Pilot says there was an issue with the tug and we have to wait, subsequently they think the tug damaged the nose gear, and we may need to change aircraft. After a further period the pilot says the engineers have inspected the nosegear and there was no visible damage, but as a precaution we need to change aircraft. We eventually landed in Larnaca at 21.33 (scheduled 18.25), 3 hours and 8 minutes late.

I have screenshots of the BA app showing arrival time, and also a text from BA confirming the delay was due to a technical issue. I have submitted via Resolver as it appears a pretty straightforward claim.

However, a friend who decided to submit claim directly to BA had it rejected within 24 hours citing we didn't DEPART (!) over 3 hours late (it was 2hrs 57 mins), and citing headwinds (!). Now, I know and they know this is nonsensical excuses, but are we in for a battle with BA? I advised my friend to submit via Resolver.

Both booked using Avios, not that it should matter.
Interestingly I was booked to return from Larnaca on the inbound 663 which of course was nightstopped. We were all looked after well, taken to the Landmark hotel in Nicosia, fed watered and returned to the airport the next day
My friend on a different booking has already had her claim turned down by BA.........they claimed multiple delays, Peskova.... you name it, they used it
The way I see it, if the nosewheel was damaged by a third party that BA employ to do a job then surely they are liable...... plus not replacing the crew who had checked in for the fligh at 10:40 that morning?
this will be my first claim and I appreciate any advice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.