Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition

Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition

Old May 28, 2019, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by alanisrox69
If I book the first segment with Avios, EWR to DFW, and then the 2nd segment either with cash or Avios, can AA merge the reservation together so I don’t need to check in again for the 2nd leg?
That's really a question for the AA board.

In general, airlines won't usually merge two separate bookings into one. Amongst other things, doing so would defeat the policy objectives behind enforcing married sector availability logic.

However, sometimes airlines will do things like through-check bags across two separate bookings so that you don't have to reclaim the bags between flights.

Whether or not AA will do so is an AA question. If anyone here knows the answer (and I suspect some will), then perhaps they will post it here. But you're likely to find the answer more quickly on the AA board.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:34 am

Both segments of the flight I want have milesAAver first availability on aa.com, separately (search EWR to DFW, then DFW to RNO), both showing 25k seats (milesAAver). when searching the complete leg, only 45k seats available. Either way, the seats are there, BA needs to make this work. Completely false advertisement, otherwise. BBB complaint submitted along with screenshots.

Last edited by alanisrox69; May 28, 2019 at 10:49 am
Old May 28, 2019, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Both segments of the flight I want have milesAAver first availability on aa.com, separately (search EWR to DFW, then DFW to EWR), both showing 25k seats (milesAAver). when searching the complete leg, only 45k seats available. Either way, the seats are there, BA needs to make this work. Completely false advertisement, otherwise. BBB complaint submitted along with screenshots.

EWR-DFW, and then DFW-EWR? That sounds like a roundtrip.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Either way, the seats are there ...
No, they are not there. AA is refusing to allow space to be booked the way you want.

Don't make the conceptual mistake of thinking that these are like tins of baked beans sitting on a supermarket shelf that are either there or not there. There is space if you book either flight on its own. There is no space if you want to book the connection. And this is AA's decision.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by guv1976

EWR-DFW, and then DFW-EWR? That sounds like a roundtrip.
I mean "DFW -RNO", corrected post.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I mean "DFW -RNO", corrected post.
Unless you are planning to check baggage, why not just book each leg separately on ba.com? (Perhaps the second leg first?)
Old May 28, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere in another thread.

For the Avios increase on May 30th, can someone please tell me which time zone it goes by? And are we talking about like....11:59pm?
Old May 28, 2019, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
Unless you are planning to check baggage, why not just book each leg separately on ba.com? (Perhaps the second leg first?)
We will be checking baggage, and the connection time is pretty short, I won't have time to go pick that up and check back in. That's why I was wondering if it was possible to merge two itineraries...but that may be opening up a whole other can of worms.

Point is: BA.com is advertising the EWR-RNO route as 80k available. It is only after transferring points that suddenly there is a "glitch" showing "non-available" seats. Scam level: 1000.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:31 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Anyone have any suggestions for the "Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time." message?

I'm getting this when trying to book intra-Japan JL flights (with tons of availability).

I've tried different credit cards, phone numbers & address formats, with/without EC membership number, etc.

The only thing "different" I can think of is that I transferred UR points into my account this morning, but they instantly showed up. And, I've done this transfer/immediate redemption before without issue.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Point is: BA.com is advertising the EWR-RNO route as 80k available.
What do you mean by "80k available"?
Old May 28, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
What do you mean by "80k available"?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31145444-post204.html
Old May 28, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by LRD
Anyone have any suggestions for the "Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time." message?

I'm getting this when trying to book intra-Japan JL flights (with tons of availability).

I've tried different credit cards, phone numbers & address formats, with/without EC membership number, etc.

The only thing "different" I can think of is that I transferred UR points into my account this morning, but they instantly showed up. And, I've done this transfer/immediate redemption before without issue.
Nope, BA is completely scamming. This error means the flight seats actually aren't available. Call EC and hit the prompt to book with Avios. The rep will tell you it's "incorrect website availability".
Old May 28, 2019, 12:15 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Nope, BA is completely scamming. This error means the flight seats actually aren't available. Call EC and hit the prompt to book with Avios. The rep will tell you it's "incorrect website availability".
But, I did call EC. . . they see availability, and suggested I "clear cookies" - and therefore, they wouldn't waive the phone-booking fee.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LRD
But, I did call EC. . . they see availability, and suggested I "clear cookies" - and therefore, they wouldn't waive the phone-booking fee.
how much were the taxes/fees/charges? 0 can cause issues completing online.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Nope, BA is completely scamming..
send your avios to me then
alex67500 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.