Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2019 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
For my own clarification before I make a potentially expensive mistake:

For Tier Points and Qualifying BA flights I need 600 and 4 respectively for Silver. Does a IAD-DUB-LHR return flight operated by Aer Lingus but with BA flight numbers earn both tier points (based on fare class) and count as 4 qualifying BA flights? It's the non-oneworld partner aspect of this that I question.

TIA!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by geo1005
For Tier Points and Qualifying BA flights I need 600 and 4 respectively for Silver. Does a IAD-DUB-LHR return flight operated by Aer Lingus but with BA flight numbers earn both tier points (based on fare class) and count as 4 qualifying BA flights?
Yes, so long as there are BA flight numbers on all four flights.
geo1005 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Long time since I have done much Club Card stuff... But... Is there still the bonus on transfers to Avios? Double Avios or whatever it used to be every once and a while?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Long time since I have done much Club Card stuff... But... Is there still the bonus on transfers to Avios? Double Avios or whatever it used to be every once and a while?
Hasn't been a double bonus for a while, iirc. I did receive an offer of an extra few points for a transfer last year, maybe 1000. But I'm finding the Hotels.com offer of Ł5 of Tesco points for Ł15 of Hotels.com value more enticing at the mo.
BingBongBoy likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:05 am
Suspended

please disregard

Last edited by FlyerTalker78341; Feb 20, 2019 at 10:16 am
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ryanp
Can somebody clarify what--if anything--I'll earn on the code-shares. And if it's nothing, can I at least credit those legs to *A?
You'll earn nothing in BAEC for the LA-coded TP-operated flights. See this from one of the main posts above:-
Originally Posted by Prospero
  • oneworld partner prefix, non-oneworld operated flight
    For example, an AA flight number on HA. You earn nothing. The rule is that both the flight number and the operating carrier have to be in oneworld to earn. Some have successfully had Avios and Tier Points awarded in this instance but that is the exception and very much not the rule.
Whether these flights can be credited to a *A scheme will depend on the rules of that scheme.

But you might be able to credit them all to LA, if that would be of any use.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You'll earn nothing in BAEC for the LA-coded TP-operated flights..
Sorry, please disregard my previous post. I was confused because the travel agency rebooked these flights for me but I looked up wrong what changed. The legs in question which changed are on IB so it's all good.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Hi all, does anyone know whether there is tier bonus for BA marketed, OW operated flights? Or vice verse, OW marketed, BA operated flights? I guess it has been asked but sorry don’t seem to find the answer elsewhere. Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SLGO
Hi all, does anyone know whether there is tier bonus for BA marketed, OW operated flights? Or vice verse, OW marketed, BA operated flights? I guess it has been asked but sorry don’t seem to find the answer elsewhere. Thanks.
you earn based on the marketing carrier. So for ba marketed flights you earn per BA earning rates which include a tier bonus. For other oneworld marketed flight have a look at the tables on the BAEC pages on collecting TPs and avios.

Last edited by KARFA; Feb 26, 2019 at 3:54 am
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by SLGO
Originally Posted by KARFA
you earn based on the marketing carrier. So for ba marketed flights youbearn per BA earning rates which include a tier bonus. For other oneworld marketed flight have a look at the tables on the BAEC pages on collecting TPs and avios.
Bookmark this page: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb
Then put the marketing airline in the first drop down, and off you go
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by KARFA

you earn based on the marketing carrier. So for ba marketed flights you earn per BA earning rates which include a tier bonus. For other oneworld marketed flight have a look at the tables on the BAEC pages on collecting TPs and avios.
Originally Posted by alex67500
Bookmark this page: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb
Then put the marketing airline in the first drop down, and off you go
Thanks a lot for the reply. Was puzzled whether to choose the marketing airline or operating airline from the drop bar. So it seems that getting a set of BA marketed tickets would get me quite a lot of Avios even on OW operated flights.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg
Interesting note here re: Heathrow Express. The special Avios page to book (and earn points) doesn't seem to give any discounts for advance bookings, while the normal Heathrow Express booking page offers deals for booking 30/90 days ahead. Just flagging that so people can decide whether it's really worth paying an extra Ł10 for their ticket just to get 20 Avios.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
For those of you flying AY: From April 1st, Economy selling classes P, T, W and R will no longer be offered. This is due to the introduction of Premium Economy from 2021.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Third Joker at 6000 points - when can/must I use it

Just earned the third Joker a few days before my year ends so the question is, is that Joker for this current year or the new year? In other words, must I use it before my year ends or does it apply to next year so can I even use it before my year ends?

Couldn't find the answer in this sticky.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mjack99
Just earned the third Joker a few days before my year ends so the question is, is that Joker for this current year or the new year? In other words, must I use it before my year ends or does it apply to next year so can I even use it before my year ends?

Couldn't find the answer in this sticky.
the joker earned at 6k is valid for a year from when you earn it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.