Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2019 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by alexb1212
If you are silver at year end do you get 2 week extension to reach gold
Typically, upon request BAEC will allow a 2-week extension to retain or achieve a status.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: Ba gold,honours diamond,spg Platinum,Marriott Platium
Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: British Airways
Hello all,

my TP collection year ends in October 2019 and I just arichieved the gold status this April.
I have quite a lot of flying untill next year. My question - are those flights completed untill April the next year going to requalife me for another year ?
Maybe I am just dumb but it´s not crystal clear to me

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sluneckov
Hello all,

my TP collection year ends in October 2019 and I just arichieved the gold status this April.
I have quite a lot of flying untill next year. My question - are those flights completed untill April the next year going to requalife me for another year ?
Maybe I am just dumb but it´s not crystal clear to me

Thanks!
Flights taken up to 23:59 on October 8th 2019 will go to this year, flights taken from 00:00 on October 9th will count towards your new year and requalification. Hope that's clear?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by stephenjc
Flights taken up to 23:59 on October 8th 2019 will go to this year, flights taken from 00:00 on October 9th will count towards your new year and requalification. Hope that's clear?
Based on my card I will hold the status until November 2020 - 19 months ??
Thought it is always for one year
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by sluneckov
Based on my card I will hold the status until November 2020 - 19 months ??
Thought it is always for one year
Not since the old system was changed to the current one.

So yes, even if you now do no further flying you will be a Gold member until 30 November 2020. To earn another year beyond that, you must fly at least 1,500 TPs from 9 October 2019 to 8 October 2020 inclusive (including 4 qualifying flights).

Any TPs you earn between now and 8 October 2019 inclusive won't count towards further Gold membership time, although they could earn you further benefits such as Gold Upgrade vouchers or GGL level membership, for example.
sluneckov likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Retaining Silver

I am currently a Gold Member.

I have some flights in Sept/Oct that will earn me 380 TPs.

My TP year ends in early Nov.

Is there any advantage to making a TP run in this year to get to 600 TP threshold for Silver?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by d20sjhanna
I am currently a Gold Member.
I have some flights in Sept/Oct that will earn me 380 TPs.
My TP year ends in early Nov.
Is there any advantage to making a TP run in this year to get to 600 TP threshold for Silver?
Assuming that the soft landing remains in place until then you will gain nothing except lifetime TP and Avios from taking the flights.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage EP 2.1MM; Bonvoy LT-Plat; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Is it just me, but is AVIOS book with miles website currently down? I'm in the US and receiving "technical problem" prompt.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
I ended up being 30 points short to retain gold. Last week it said my card would expire on June 30, 2019. I logged in today and it now says the card will expire in 2020 (and I can print a gold card which says that.) Does this mean I've been renewed anyway? I'm asking because I moved myself out of the front row on my upcoming flights as I expected to be booted out when I rolled down to silver. and if I'm remaiing gold I'd like to move myself back (assuming the seats are not now gone.)
Old May 26, 2019, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by chance88088
I ended up being 30 points short to retain gold. Last week it said my card would expire on June 30, 2019. I logged in today and it now says the card will expire in 2020 (and I can print a gold card which says that.) Does this mean I've been renewed anyway? I'm asking because I moved myself out of the front row on my upcoming flights as I expected to be booted out when I rolled down to silver. and if I'm remaiing gold I'd like to move myself back (assuming the seats are not now gone.)
If the printed good card shows 2020 then would assume it has renewed at gold.

Your seat statement is of interest to me. If you selected a coveted seat as gold but then drop down do you get booted out of it?
Old May 26, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK

Your seat statement is of interest to me. If you selected a coveted seat as gold but then drop down do you get booted out of it?
That's what I've read elsewhere on this forum. I haven't actually experienced it myself. (I don't recall which thread it came up in.)
Old May 26, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by chance88088
That's what I've read elsewhere on this forum. I haven't actually experienced it myself. (I don't recall which thread it came up in.)
Thank you
Old May 27, 2019, 3:13 pm

Question RE: GUF2: does this upgrade only apply to one flight for two people? or round trip for two people?

Would I be able to use a GUF2 for a trip SFO-LHR-DOH booked in biz and upgrade to F on both SFO-LHR-DOH-LHR-SFO for 2 pax? or is it only 1 pax? Thanks
Old May 27, 2019, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Here's the main thread on GUF2s: BA Gold Upgrade Voucher Discussion and Wiki Thread

Off the top of my head, I think that you should be able to upgrade the whole trip for two people.
Gino Troian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.