Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2019 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2019 edition

Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
the joker earned at 6k is valid for a year from when you earn it.
Thank you, Karfa.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Prospero
02 Shell Driver’s Club (UK residents only)

Join Shell Driver's Club by picking up a card at a Shell Service Station, and register the card [URL="https://www.shelldriversclub.co.uk/smart/index.html?site=en-en[/URL]. If you do not register your card within six months of first use and do not have any activity on the account in that period, the account may be closed, and points may be lost. If there has been no activity in a 12-month period for any card, Shell may close the account.
For completeness, I have posted here about the ending of this collection route on 30 June 2019: SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Is there a comprehensive list of entirely overseas routes operated or marketed by BA/IB for those of us with no plans to travel to Europe, but needing the 4 eligible flights.

I know ex Australia you can get XXX-SYD-SIN and any legs on Comair, but are there other SH legs like there used to be in the past i.e. GRU-EZE OR AUH-MCT?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There was some discussion in this thread about possible flights in Asia, although I suspect that these are subject to significant change: 4 BA segments... for those based in Asia

Other threads that have pointed to that thread can be found from this search, which could possibly throw up some more options.
RafKa likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:25 am

Hope this is ok to ask here. I need a paltry 300 avios to book a reward flight. I know I can by 1000 and will probably end up doing that if I can't find another way to get the 300 points - seems a waste to buy 1000 when I only need 300. I read through the thread and I signed up for rewards for thoughts and am pretty sure I completed the survey, however nothing has posted and I signed up on the 8th March.I haven't received any other survey invites since. I'm no longer living in Europe so will be unlikely to be collecting avios going forward. As I lived in Ireland I don't think I can even convert my Tesco clubcard points.I had 250 aerlingus points that I have already moved over. Has anyone had points from the rewards for thoughts (i used a US address and VPN when signing up) post or any other ideas I can use to get my 300 points?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
Need some strategic advice here, if possible!

Me currently: Bronze, 575 tier points and still need 2 flights to get to Silver
Partner: Blue, 550 tier points, needs 4 flights to get to Silver
Our tier point collection year ends on 8 June.

Upcoming flights - (redemptions) LHR-BNA; IAH-LHR

We are now planning to go out to LAX on 8 June, probably in WT+, probably ex-EU. Obviously having silver for both of us would be great! What is the best approach here?

1) We need to get from Charleston to Houston to get home. AA has one-stop flights, but am I correct in assuming that these would likely not have a BA codeshare as they are intraUS only, and therefore wouldnt count as the flights needed? The alternative is Southwest direct, but to a different airport (no big deal, just didn't want to make a mistake here)

2) If we position for the ex-EU flight from ARN on 7 June, then go ARN-LHR-LAX on the 8th - that gets me over the line,but partner is one flight short, correct?
3) Would my new silver status count for the 50% mileage uplift on the LHR-LAX leg?

Thinking we may just need to do a Saturday run one weekend in May to anywhere to get this wrapped up and off my mind.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
If you want to be silver before the LAX trip, the weekend run seems the simpler thing to do. IMO of course
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver

Originally Posted by sondra_finchley
Me currently: Bronze, 575 tier points and still need 2 flights to get to Silver
Partner: Blue, 550 tier points, needs 4 flights to get to Silver
Our tier point collection year ends on 8 June.
2) If we position for the ex-EU flight from ARN on 7 June, then go ARN-LHR-LAX on the 8th - that gets me over the line,but partner is one flight short, correct?
I understand you (both) would like Silver status before June 8, the day that the collection year ends and the day of the trip to the US, probably ex-ARN.
If you still need 2 of 4 BA flights, the positioning flight from LON to ARN (1 segment) on june 7 will not be enough so I would do 2 simple EU-trips (so your partner also qualifies) well before that day. I’m not sure how much TP’s Economy would earn so, as you both still need some TP’s, you may want to travel one segment in Club Europe (40TPs) to be on the safe side.

3) Would my new silver status count for the 50% mileage uplift on the LHR-LAX leg?
When having Silver before travelling LHR-LAX yes.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
Hi everyone - thanks for the help, much appreciated!
Great_circle likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:26 am
Suspended

Very low reccomendations
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
A little technical question: If the tier points reset date is Nov 9 and someone, who is silver, became gold on Oct 30 ( just 10 days before his tier points reset date). Will he enjoy gold membership for 10 days+one year or 10 Days+2 years?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
A little technical question: If the tier points reset date is Nov 9 and someone, who is silver, became gold on Oct 30 ( just 10 days before his tier points reset date). Will he enjoy gold membership for 10 days+one year or 10 Days+2 years?
You would enjoy for the current year (10 days) plus the following year (1 year).

Basically, you qualify for the next year, and if you do it early you are given the benefits straight away.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong area to post. I'm currently bronze status but with 900TP. I had flights in December with AA to USA and Australia with CX in January. This weekend I'm flying Dublin to Heathrow and back to Dublin on Sunday evening. I believe this completes all the requirements for Silver? If it does is there any chance they will let me use the lounge in LHR on Sunday? I'm assuming I'll have to wait but it would be nice all the same.

Last edited by bgmadden; Apr 3, 2019 at 4:19 am Reason: Wrong word.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by bgmadden
Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong area to post. I'm currently bronze status but with 900TP. I had flights in December with AA to USA and Australia with CX in January. This weekend I'm flying Dublin to Heathrow and back to Dublin on Sunday evening. I believe this completes all the requirements for Silver? If it does is there any chance they will let me use the lounge in LHR on Sunday? I'm assuming I'll have to wait but it would be nice all the same.
My understanding is that you need to have the status in your app to get in, but asking nicely doesn't hurt...
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:51 am

Quick question. As a newly acquired Gold member, am I right in saying I can use double Avios to get a ticket on a BA flight even if the website is showing no Avios availability once I ring +30days?

Specifically I’m looking for LHR-NCL on 10 May on BA1326. If so, how many avois will it cost?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.