Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2019 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by stephenjc
Did your app/card update? Mine hasn't, still showing an expiry date of yesterday (30/11).
All has updated this morning so all is well in the world again.
stephenjc likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 3:13 am

I booked some redemption flights with avios a few months back while my dad was still part of my household account. Some of the avios were taken from his balance. He has since left the household account.

If I cancel the flights now will he receive his share of the avios back or will they be 'lost'.

Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
One and Only Resorts

I’m convinced the O&O group would offer Avios rewards for hotel bookings, but I can’t find any mention of this now! Does anyone know if this is/was true or if I just made it up?

LF
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
I’m convinced the O&O group would offer Avios rewards for hotel bookings, but I can’t find any mention of this now! Does anyone know if this is/was true or if I just made it up?

LF
They used to but not anymore.The relationship ended in mid-2018.
See:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...hotels/kerzner
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
They used to but not anymore.The relationship ended in mid-2018.
See:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...hotels/kerzner
Thank you for this - I did give my BAEC number to them when I made a booking earlier in the year but they didn’t mention that it was pointless - I just thought to check now and couldn’t find a reference, clearly for the reasons you mention above. Shame, it would have been a nice bonus!

LF
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Prospero

The S7 entries should be at some point be updated to reflect the fact that Globus has been merged into S7 since late 2019. There's no separate subcarrier anymore. In fact there hasn't been flights with their now ex IATA coding for a while, perhaps a few years at least.

Just bringing this up as the 2020 edition is soon coming.
Prospero likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
BA site says my membership year ends on 8 Feb 2020. Does this mean that if I take a flight on 8 Feb it will count towards the old year? Still need a 100 TP to reach Gold, so want to make sure I have it right.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by andreiz
BA site says my membership year ends on 8 Feb 2020. Does this mean that if I take a flight on 8 Feb it will count towards the old year? Still need a 100 TP to reach Gold, so want to make sure I have it right.
If the flight is scheduled to leave before midnight on the 8th. then it will count for the 2019/20 year. Your points may reset to zero before it posts and the new points should also disappear but everything should work in the background.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by MADPhil
If the flight is scheduled to leave before midnight on the 8th. then it will count for the 2019/20 year. Your points may reset to zero before it posts and the new points should also disappear but everything should work in the background.
Midnight local time?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by andreiz
Midnight local time?
Yes, local time for the airport the flight is departing from.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

This thread has now been retired and archived. A new thread for 2020 has been set up which you can find here:

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

All open questions posted in this thread have been moved into the new thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.