Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Will BA take my avios from Iberia promotion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will BA take my avios from Iberia promotion?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I assume names and address will have to be the same to merge accounts? I changed all personal data on my Iberia account. Couldn't be bothered to call and close the account.
i doubt it will make much difference. All Avios points are owned by AGL, who host the transfer mechanism, and probably track all Avios movements
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am surprised that you are able to withdraw Avios from an account such to leave a negative balsnce to start with, why would IB want to allow this to hsppen?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I am surprised that you are able to withdraw Avios from an account such to leave a negative balsnce to start with, why would IB want to allow this to hsppen?
The OP did not withdraw down to a negative balance. What happened is that IB ran a very generous promotion this summer that awarded up to 90000 Avios. However, these Avios had to be spent before December 1. The OP transferred the Avios to BA instead of redeeming them on the IB+ programme, which did not count as spending them, so IB took 90k Avios from the now empty account and left it with -90k.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Yllanes
The OP did not withdraw down to a negative balance. What happened is that IB ran a very generous promotion this summer that awarded up to 90000 Avios. However, these Avios had to be spent before December 1. The OP transferred the Avios to BA instead of redeeming them on the IB+ programme, which did not count as spending them, so IB took 90k Avios from the now empty account and left it with -90k.
Ah, ok I see now what has happened.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I didn't realise there was a plan to merge BAEC and IB accounts, although that does make sense. Shame though as IB can be a real bargain compared to BA when using Avios on some routes.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by clubman
I didn't realise there was a plan to merge BAEC and IB accounts, although that does make sense. Shame though as IB can be a real bargain compared to BA when using Avios on some routes.
Thats not good news for those that transferred the points over to BAEC. So when they merge the negative balance will be transferred to your BAEC account.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by clubman
as far as I am aware, the BAEC and IB+ will continue as distinct programmes, so we will earn status separately and earn/redeem Avios according to the terms of each programme. The difference will be the Avios balance we see, so when we log in to our separate BAEC and IB+ accounts the balance will be the combined figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.