Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AMEX Voucher return leg with connection after overnight flight

Old Dec 30, 18, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

First time Iíve posted on here so hopefully this will be seen and can be useful for me and others in the future!

So Iíve successfully booked outbound Club World flights using the AMEX voucher 355 days before my desired flight (one way, with a view to booking the return leg 355 days before my desired return and having it added on to my existing booking reference).

I live in Jersey, CI so my outbound journey will be JER-LGW, then the following day flying LGW-BGI.

My question is; when I book my return journey (BGI-JER) it will be 355 days before the BGI-LGW leg, but the LGW-JER leg will be 356 days away because the BGI-LGW flight is overnight... so do BA make allowances for this and just allow you to book the whole journey 355 days before the first leg of a journey?

I imagine it happens all the time with long haul but itís confusing me a touch! Iíll be booking the return leg in 12 or so days time so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old Dec 31, 18, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Disappointed that there's been no response to this query. Like DougPn I've just booked the outbound for an Amex 2-4-1 involving a domestic leg and I would like to know how I can get the inbound TATL reward sector booked at T-355 when the domestic sector isn't yet on sale.

Any thoughts FTers?
Old Dec 31, 18, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

355 days means 355 days. So if the connection is a day later youíll have to call up again to add this.
Old Dec 31, 18, 1:50 pm

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Samsung Platinum
Either call again the next day, and add the final leg, or take a risk and wait until 354/355 days and book both together.

There really isn't any other way around it; flights are not loaded any earlier.
Old Dec 31, 18, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA View Post
[COLOR=&quot]Either call again the next day, and add the final leg, or take a risk and wait until 354/355 days and book both together.[/COLOR]
To clarify, are you suggesting I initially ring to add the TATL inbound (assuming its available) and then ring the following day to add the inbound Domestic leg. Is this possible?
In the past I’ve waited until the domestic sector is available but this has risked loosing an available (on the day) TATL award seat.

Old Dec 31, 18, 3:34 pm

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Samsung Platinum
Originally Posted by Keystone View Post

To clarify, are you suggesting...
Yes, either way will work, whichever you prefer.
Old Dec 31, 18, 4:25 pm

Many thanks
Old Dec 31, 18, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
We had this problem too for our return flight (241 booking) from HKG which was overnight and then connecting to INV. We saw there were 2 tickets for F available so phoned BA to add them to the return at 355 days. However they couldnít complete the booking as the LHR-INV wasnít online. BA held the F tickets for us overnight. We phoned back the next day to complete the booking.
Old Jan 2, 19, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FEMW View Post
We had this problem too for our return flight (241 booking) from HKG which was overnight and then connecting to INV. We saw there were 2 tickets for F available so phoned BA to add them to the return at 355 days. However they couldnít complete the booking as the LHR-INV wasnít online. BA held the F tickets for us overnight. We phoned back the next day to complete the booking.

great- thank you everyone for your help.

I called BA to ask if this was their preference and they agreed... they said the best number to call is the silver or gold dedicated numbers (on the back of your cards) and they are open all night; if not then the US/Japan oneís seem to be best.

thanks again