Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sunday Times; 2019 exciting year for BA says Cruz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sunday Times; 2019 exciting year for BA says Cruz

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Going 10 across on a 777 is not aspiring either and as it rolls out at Heathrow, the fallout will be way more vocal.
On this point I disagree. There will be a vocal minority, it will pass quickly, as 10 abreast B777s have been the norm for ages. Indeed Emirates have been 10 abreast since the beginning (?) on the B77W, and as well as EK I have flown CX, AA and UA quite happily in that config. Unless BA make a hash of it a-la the B788, it’ll likely pass as a genuine improvement with new seats! LGW seems to be managing well in this brave new world.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by simons1
It seems to be informed speculation.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...orld-v30ccnhkl
so it’s only going to take 2-3 years for BA to wake up and realise virtually no competitior airlines from Heathrow have followed with BOB too. (Vueling with it’s atrocious skytrax rating does not count as a competitor).

Even bob-ers like SAS offer free tea coffee or water on the cheapest fares regardless of status.

So 2019 sees the finally welcome uturn. All totally predictable after bmi’s bob mess and then the U turn on seat res for status.

So what will BA f up in 2019 that other airlines have already messed up and reversed? - clearly some parts of BA management still have their inward looking world only and never check what has not worked on other airlines?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
The wine would be great, but I can't see how they do it without causing a row on every flight. Unless there was a really strong announcement at the start of the service, those who miss out will complain and take it out on the crew who already take the flack for BOB.
Not sure it would be that much of a problem - you can already show an BAEC card to pay with avios. BoB equipment then simply sees status and applies discount, surely?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:05 am

They should basically return everything that they have taken away- im sure that pack of crisps they were giving us didnt cost them much either.

I never buy ANY of the BOB stuff and have never seen anyone else buy it. Its pretty pathetic really
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:02 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Akoz
Not sure it would be that much of a problem - you can already show an BAEC card to pay with avios. BoB equipment then simply sees status and applies discount, surely?
How would the CC police someone trying to abuse this by borrowing someone’s plastic status card or having a screenshot of someone elses virtual card from the BA App on their phone?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BOH
...How would the CC police someone trying to abuse this by.... having a screenshot of someone elses virtual card from the BA App on their phone?
There’s already a protocol in place for this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike

The wine would be great, but I can't see how they do it without causing a row on every flight. Unless there was a really strong announcement at the start of the service, those who miss out will complain and take it out on the crew who already take the flack for BOB.
SK offers free drinks to Diamond and Pandion members, AA and AY to all OWE members, UA offers to GS (and I think 1K,but I am not sure) I have never heard of this causing any issues with other passengers. Why should it cause any issues on BA?

None of these carriers makes any announcement, and AA tends to be fairly indiscreet when they thank you for your loyalty.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Tea and coffee, and the blueberry drink is offered to everyone. OWE can get a free champagne.
On my Finnair flight in economy last week, everyone gets a drink as mentioned above.

As a OWE I was offered a newpaper pre-taxi, as well as a premium drink during the drinks run (CC encouraged me to have a champagne, and looked quite hurt when I declined )

I guess they must be used to us BA pax thinking the offer is a cunning plan to separate us from our hard earned cash!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
My comment on others doing 10 across (in response to Rockflyertalk) is merely that BA has followed others once the fuss has died down over densification. I think there is a clear difference from 10 across introduced from the start (ie you know the config and buy accordingly) to a retrofit of existing aircraft. BA need to stand by the densification decision on their own - ie we want to make more money, cram more people in etc - not that cos others have done it - it makes it ok!
I agree the trade off of a new (smaller) seat and an improved screen may be worth it for some, but having done it (and witnessed densification from an Air Canada PE cabin on a 777-200LR 15 hour flight from YVR to SYD) where folk looked wedged in and miserable) is not for all.
What I do agree with is an increase in PE. On all of my flights to / from Toronto (bar one to LGW early in the summer) - PE has been full every time. Doubling PE is a bold move and appears to be a growth market. However, improved seats and product ie a second club meal, and genuine club entree's would turn it into a premium experience through the whole flight! I agree also with the mantra - if you want extra leg room, pay for an exit row or PE. It's why I pay a thousand bucks per round trip extra to fly PE (and maintain silver status admitedly) 3 or four times a year.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bhbloke
On my Finnair flight in economy last week, everyone gets a drink as mentioned above.

As a OWE I was offered a newpaper pre-taxi, as well as a premium drink during the drinks run (CC encouraged me to have a champagne, and looked quite hurt when I declined )

I guess they must be used to us BA pax thinking the offer is a cunning plan to separate us from our hard earned cash!
I do believe the offer is quite a bit wider than champagne but that's what they usually promote heavily. I like the crews best that arranges one of the glasses from J rather than just a plastic cup. For longer routes, I have been given two bottles to tie me over....
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I do believe the offer is quite a bit wider than champagne but that's what they usually promote heavily. I like the crews best that arranges one of the glasses from J rather than just a plastic cup. For longer routes, I have been given two bottles to tie me over....
The lady next to me took them up on their offer, and she had one of their J glasses to enjoy her champers.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by bhbloke
The lady next to me took them up on their offer, and she had one of their J glasses to enjoy her champers.
And they use the beautiful and iconic Iitala glasses, I wish BA would have such a design slant.
Dave_C, BA235 and bhbloke like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:40 am
BOH

Originally Posted by richardwft
There’s already a protocol in place for this.
Which is?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BOH
Which is?
They double tap the card on the app to see if it goes small and then returns to the larger size, a photo wouldn’t do that.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:01 am
BOH

Originally Posted by richardwft

They double tap the card on the app to see if it goes small and then returns to the larger size, a photo wouldn’t do that.
Ah yes, just tried it ^
FlyerTalker39574 and T8191 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.