Search

Multi Partner Avios Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Multi Partner Avios Redemption

Hello all,

Quick question - are muti partner avios redemptions changeable after the outbound has been flown? Fare rules indicate that there is the usual 24 hour before the flight when it stops being flexible, but I'm not sure if this applies to each individual leg or the entire remaining itinerary...
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Yes you can change after the first leg has been flown.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks teledude!
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by teledude
Yes you can change after the first leg has been flown.
Really...? Now that is interesting.

Originally Posted by LCY8737
Thanks teledude!
Please do report back on this!
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by etiene
Not beyond the usual 12 month from date of booking restriction though...
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by etiene

Please do report back on this!
Change accepted on the phone and is currently being ticketed.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Did you change just the date or something more complicated?

BAEC terms no longer specify changes must be made 24hrs before the first leg: it’s now 24hrs before the flight you want to change. But there are limits on what you can change and it’s useful to know what they let you change on a multi.
etiene likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am looking to do the same...forgot about the 12 months though, back to the drawing board. Any feedback on what you changed would be appreciated, and cost. Pondering changing destination and date myself
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Knodde
I am looking to do the same...forgot about the 12 months though, back to the drawing board. Any feedback on what you changed would be appreciated, and cost. Pondering changing destination and date myself
You cannot change destination.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by s1362083
You cannot change destination.
Thanks, will just be date fiddling then, actually makes life easier with less decisions to be made!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Have you started - if not you might be able to re-ticket to extend the 12 months.

Even after starting a simple routing change might be possible. eg BOS-LHR for JFK-LON (sane carrier).
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
Have you started - if not you might be able to re-ticket to extend the 12 months.

Even after starting a simple routing change might be possible. eg BOS-LHR for JFK-LON (sane carrier).
I have, 6 flights done, 2 more to go, will give BA a call next week and see what they say, will not kill me to move them to sep/Oct, or just fly them in Feb.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Hi all.... Just to report back on what happened: I changed the date and routing. GGL line was unable to price the itinerary, sent it to the back office. I had to call GGL twice to chase the quote, after a lot of back and forth the fare difference was paid and the tickets re-issued 24 hours later.

So far from easy (at least by GGL line standards), but do able.

I don't think I would want to book/manage one of these without access to the GGL line.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:18 am

I can report back that there were refusal to change anything for me, I have an itinerary going in and out of LHR several times, and evidently that shouldn't have been possible to book to start with. So refusal to change anything, but last two legs would be "honoured".
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Knodde
I can report back that there were refusal to change anything for me, I have an itinerary going in and out of LHR several times, and evidently that shouldn't have been possible to book to start with. So refusal to change anything, but last two legs would be "honoured".
Interesting - wonder if this is a YMMV/agent specific situation, as this is not the only place I have seen suggest that such backtracking was allowed on MP redemptions. I have been mulling adding to my current MPR to use the remaining available segments, but it is quite dependent on shifting personal circumstances so I will not be trying it for a few months yet if I do. Regardless, if anyone is able to weigh in with anecdotal evidence of "backtracking" that would be most welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.