Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sweet-talking your way into the CCR - unacceptable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sweet-talking your way into the CCR - unacceptable

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Is the CX lounge in T5 so actual competition with the CCR?
No
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Killian_S
I didn't say it was my business and as I said in my initial post, I didn't complain. Just thought it was unusual that people could be allowed in without having the correct qualifications.
You did say that it was "unfair on those who had either paid for their tickets (like me)".

I'm not sure why, since as far as I can tell it didn't prevent you getting into CCR or getting a seat? So how did it affect you?

If you were troubled by speakers, muddy feet on seats etc you could have raised it with staff - did you? Presumably not.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Is the CX lounge in T5 so actual competition with the CCR?
CX don't operate from T5.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
A double lounge upgrade blag...must practice my sweet-talking before my next T5 visit.
A good few years to practice then, HIDDY
HMPS and Takiteasy like this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Nothing wrong, in my view, with blagging your way around Heathrow (or through life generally) so long as you do it in the right spirit and are able to take the rough with the smooth. Everything wrong, however, with playing music on speakers in the lounge, and that should always be stopped (quite regardless of how the offenders gained entry)
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:25 pm

Good. Keep the riff-raff out of the Galleries lounges.
Stez likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Allowing blaggers in is one thing, for those blaggers to cause inconvenience/discomfort to others including being rude to staff members is unacceptable, rendering allowing them into the lounge in the first place inappropriate through their conduct.
Of course if they misbehaved they should be kicked out, but I suspect the OP was also a bit oversensitive and over-observant of their behaviour as he knew they had blagged their way in.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Nothing wrong, in my view, with blagging your way around Heathrow (or through life generally) so long as you do it in the right spirit and are able to take the rough with the smooth. Everything wrong, however, with playing music on speakers in the lounge, and that should always be stopped (quite regardless of how the offenders gained entry)
with you on this. Win some, lose some. Worst thing they can do is say no. Maybe they try every single time and it didn’t work until now? I won’t even say what I blagged in T3 2 weeks ago, some people in this place will be after me with a pitchfork

Last edited by TPRun; Dec 29, 2018 at 3:53 pm
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Agreed. I am not a blagger as I personally cannot deal with the crippling shame I feel when it goes wrong (everybody loves social anxiety right?) to the point that I probably don't do everything I am "entitled" to. But if you try and you succeed as long as you do so politely then you get a look of awe from me
Sealink and TPRun like this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by simons1
You did say that it was "unfair on those who had either paid for their tickets (like me)".

I'm not sure why, since as far as I can tell it didn't prevent you getting into CCR or getting a seat? So how did it affect you?
Hehe, yeah my first reaction was "OP clearly lacks standing." Them getting the benefit doesn't take anything away from anybody but BA, who's buying the booze and food.

And of course like everybody said, their bad behavior once in the lounge is, well, bad. But it would be equally bad had they been there on paid F tickets.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
I was turned down, briefly to the CCR before the attendant realised I was in F.

I would be peed off too if not for the fact I was blagged into a private members club once!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:16 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
Hehe, yeah my first reaction was "OP clearly lacks standing." Them getting the benefit doesn't take anything away from anybody but BA, who's buying the booze and food.

And of course like everybody said, their bad behavior once in the lounge is, well, bad. But it would be equally bad had they been there on paid F tickets.
I agree with your first point, but once in when they know they aren't supposed to be in, misbehaving is out of order, and they should be called out on it. I would have spoken to the person that allowed them in. If I didn't then I don't think it would be right for me to moan here if I wasn't motivated enough to comment at the time.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:18 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by simons1
CX don't operate from T5.
I think that was Greenpen's point.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by TPRun

with you on this. Win some, lose some. Worst thing they can do is say no. Maybe they try every single time and it didn’t work until now? I won’t even say what I blagged in T3 2 weeks ago, some people in this place will be after me with a pitchfork
a certain Clubhouse by any chance?!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by gliderpilot

a certain Clubhouse by any chance?!
nah, I was on a BA ticket..... I’m good but not that good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.