Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Will BA [PE booking on JL with LHR-FRA on BA, lounge access @ LHR? Checked baggage?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will BA [PE booking on JL with LHR-FRA on BA, lounge access @ LHR? Checked baggage?]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, BA

Hi,

Firstly thank you to everyone for your advice on my last post, we had an awesome flight.

I’m sure some of you legends will have gone through something similar to this. I’m flying back to Australia on JAL and have a BA flight from LHR-FRA as the first leg.

My question is I am flying JAL Premium Economy, with that I get the lounge and get an extra bag in hold. My BA leg is ET, will I get the lounge and the extra baggage? TBH I’m more concerned about the extra luggage? I cannot upgrade to CE without going business class back to Oz.

Many thanks in advance for your wisdom.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
From the wording, this looks like one booking from London to Australia, one PNR. If so then you will get the JAL baggage allowance for the longhaul all the way through. However it should say on your e-ticket what your allowance is. You definitely won't get lounge access, unless you either upgrade to Club Europe at the airport (which may be possible at a promotional rate just to FRA) or you buy access / get Priority Pass access to either the Aspire Lounge (personally I wouldn't bother) or Plaza Premium (which is worth consideration).
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, BA
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
From the wording, this looks like one booking from London to Australia, one PNR. If so then you will get the JAL baggage allowance for the longhaul all the way through. However it should say on your e-ticket what your allowance is. You definitely won't get lounge access, unless you either upgrade to Club Europe at the airport (which may be possible at a promotional rate just to FRA) or you buy access / get Priority Pass access to either the Aspire Lounge (personally I wouldn't bother) or Plaza Premium (which is worth consideration).

Thank you. Yes it did say 2pc of luggage. Don’t know how I missed that. I think I’ll try the upgrade, As I’ve never been to T5 before
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LiveForTravel
Thank you. Yes it did say 2pc of luggage. Don’t know how I missed that. I think I’ll try the upgrade, As I’ve never been to T5 before
I wouldn't bother unless it was very cheap. You'll get a great meal for much less and the club lounge, whilst not bad, are not in any way worth getting out of your way for.
LiveForTravel likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I wouldn't bother unless it was very cheap. You'll get a great meal for much less and the club lounge, whilst not bad, are not in any way worth getting out of your way for.
Yes only worth paying extra for when you're on a long connection which the OP isn't. Have a hearty meal before you leave for the airport and your tummy should stay silent until you reach Frankfurt.....you can always buy on board if it starts complaining.
Having said that there's nothing wrong with wanting to visit a new lounge and you don't mind paying extra to gain access......especially if you like a swally.
LiveForTravel likes this.

Last edited by HIDDY; Dec 29, 2018 at 10:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.