FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lounge Review: LIN British Airways Galleries Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1947945-lounge-review-lin-british-airways-galleries-lounge.html)

Jagboi Oct 28, 2019 3:25 pm

It's too bad they couldn't have added some windows or a skylight to let in some natural light.

corporate-wage-slave Oct 28, 2019 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 31675299)
It's too bad they couldn't have added some windows or a skylight to let in some natural light.

Yes, certainly that is one of the downsides, but the location - in the middle of the building on the lower level for the nearby bus set-up for most LIN services - means they are some distance from a natural light source.

81romeo Oct 31, 2019 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 31674805)
The washrooms were outside of the lounge and were airport-operated, not part of the lounge. I suspect this is still the case as there’s little space to add them and it’s quite significant work to do so.

Yes, really sorry for the confusion, I got confused with the old FCO arrangement prior to the refurbishment!

ckendall Nov 4, 2019 5:09 am

So I was there Sunday and it seemed virtually identical with two changes I noted during my quick visit: there used to be newspaper tables as you came in, in a fairly poorly lit area. It is now lighter with many little tables and chairs instead (like those in the fourth photo above). And there was indeed some hot food, perhaps the same batch of eggs in the penultimate photo has been topped up from time to time.

The BA counter as you come in has not been changed and there is little evidence of much change in the terminal (beyond perhaps a new escalator when you descend to the level of the BA gates where there used to be only stairs). But there are signs around the airport indicating that there are another five months to go until things will be finished inside. The experience of the bus to the plane and climbing the stairs in the rain was unchanged.

frandrake Jan 5, 2020 4:08 pm

Adding my experience after my flight back home from the hols yesterday.

Loved the new furniture as the previous one was most outdated, although the lounge design and colour palette itself did not project the feeling you would expect from a "owned" airline lounge. In other words, it did not feel like BA. It is indeed new and fresh, but it lacks character IMO.

I appreciate little can be done to catering etc. being an outstation, but decor and design are 100% within the control of BA and it seems to me they are not making an effort to stand out. Bit odd.

SKRan Jan 6, 2020 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 30587109)
One small point that I appreciated is there are North American standard 120V power outlets available. It was useful for me to charge my phone without needing an adapter.

Maybe I’m wrong but aren’t most usb chargers 100-240V?

BertieBadger Jan 6, 2020 5:13 am

Originally Posted by SKRan (Post 31914254)
Maybe I’m wrong but aren’t most usb chargers 100-240V?

You're not wrong, but perhaps Jagboi was simply saying North American 120V as a shorthand and commonly understood way of referring to the physical form factor of the socket. It is probably a lot more meaningful to most people than saying e.g. a NEMA 5-15R outlet!

i.e. it was the form factor that was important and allowed them to plug their charger in directly, not the actual voltage per se.