Wiki Posts
Search

London to Singapore in F, BA or QF

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
'One-offs' flying QF F, particularly if it's a novel product (compared to regularly flying BA for example) might skew the impression a bit. I've only seen one real shocker on BA. Plenty more on QF
Same here. When you get great crew members on QF, they're really great, but when they are bad, they are really bad, and the rate of that is excessively high compared to any other airline I have flown with.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
I did a return trip to Melbourne in October from London in F with the outbound routing LHR-SIN-SYD-MEL on BA to SYD on the BA 777 and back MEL-SIN-LHR with the MEL-SIN leg on the QF 380 and the SIN-LHR leg on the BA 380.

Of those 4 long haul legs the QF was in my opinion the worst by a country mile and I couldn't wait to get on to BA at SIN. I struggle to find a comfortable lounging position on the QF seat and as this was a daytime flight that was important. I also don't like the rotating seat thing - I first flew QF F on the 380 in 2011 and I'm assuming those seats have not been replaced which explains the jerky movement of the seat electronics and a fairly shabby cabin. Lastly the crew weren't a patch on BA! Did like the QF F lounge in Melbourne though!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
I wouldn’t step foot on a 777 again if there is an A380/787/A350 alternative. Am an SIN now having just done LHR-SIN in BA11 A380 F - feel very fresh.

Food on BA was..... ok. A bit too fussy. First choice Chablis not loaded and alternative Saint Veran not very pleasant. But good crew and felt very private in 1A. Would happily do again.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
It's pretty much a First Class/world problem, but QF's wine selection is strictly Antipodean - Australian with the occasional New Zealander - except for the Champagne. If you like wine but are not keen on Australian wine (especially the reds), you will prefer BA's less parochial selection.

I feel the QF seat area is a little roomier than the BA seat, but comfort on the BA seat is excellent while the QF one is not quite shaped for me so it's slightly less good. BA really have nailed the slouching-comfort position in their F seat.

Overall both are good hard products to be sure.

Since you're on a RTW ticket, you could probably try both BA and QF in the A380 with suitable choice of routing, and that will make life more varied and interesting.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roberino
Surely SQ, no?
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Assuming it's a OW RTW ticket, SQ wouldn't be much use...
Of course it is a OW RTW. The consensus seems to be that QF/JL/CX are best when departing from their home hub airport. I'm curious about the comment that QF in T3 is better than the CCR. I have visited all of the T3 lounges and each one has its own merits, though more than 1 - 1.5 hours is more than enough for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.