Search

Lounge Access for how long?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Lounge Access for how long?

First of all,

i wish all of you a wonderful year 2019. thanks for the warmest of all possible welcomes here on this forum. You're an awsome community.

I booked the babybus routing ARN-MIA for the summer. Now i am rescheduled and i have an 15 hrs stay at JFK. will they kick me out of the lounge after a while? i absolutely dont want to pay 100 $ + for a night in a hotel room....

any suggestions?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: AC 35K
As long as it’s during the day (i.e. during opening hours) and you have access you should be fine.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theultimateflyer
As long as it’s during the day (i.e. during opening hours) and you have access you should be fine.
damn. totally forgot about opening hours... its from 5 pm to 8 am. okay. so a hotel room it is... :/
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Nephoi
First of all,

i wish all of you a wonderful year 2019. thanks for the warmest of all possible welcomes here on this forum. You're an awsome community.

I booked the babybus routing ARN-MIA for the summer. Now i am rescheduled and i have an 15 hrs stay at JFK. will they kick me out of the lounge after a while? i absolutely dont want to pay 100 $ + for a night in a hotel room....

any suggestions?
A few things come to mind what are the new timings of your flights. Will the lounge be open during those hours. If it is open I doubt you would have a problem but others may help.

Secondly is your ticket AA or BA, if it is the former, you should be able to rboook flights can you get to your destination quicker from JFK via CLT or PIT or PHL or ORD or DCA?

Nephoi likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

A few things come to mind what are the new timings of your flights. Will the lounge be open during those hours. If it is open I doubt you would have a problem but others may help.

Secondly is your ticket AA or BA, if it is the former, you should be able to rboook flights can you get to your destination quicker from JFK via CLT or PIT or PHL or ORD or DCA?

i had a very nice operator at the ba hotline... there was only the possibilty to arrive at MIA at 00:43. and i already booked the AIrBnB... all kinda frustrating. and i agreed to the changes.operator told me this is final (unless there is another change in the routing... and i think there will be changes....)
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
damn. totally forgot about opening hours... its from 5 pm to 8 am. okay. so a hotel room it is... :/
You sound like you have 2 problems then assuming this is T7 at JFK - you can't go airside until the day of travel, and the lounge only opens for the AM depature about 05:00 hrs. It closes for the last flight, which is round about 22 hrs. If it's T8 then again you can't get airside until the travel date (and the AA club closes at 22 hrs there too).

If this is due to AA then they are prone to changes until about 3 months to departure, then they tend to settle down.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You sound like you have 2 problems then assuming this is T7 at JFK - you can't go airside until the day of travel, and the lounge only opens for the AM depature about 05:00 hrs. It closes for the last flight, which is round about 22 hrs. If it's T8 then again you can't get airside until the travel date (and the AA club closes at 22 hrs there too).

If this is due to AA then they are prone to changes until about 3 months to departure, then they tend to settle down.

but i will be able to leave the airport, visit the Wonderful city of new york and come back at .. something arount 5:30 am for my flight to miami?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
but i will be able to leave the airport, visit the Wonderful city of new york and come back at .. something arount 5:30 am for my flight to miami?
Yes, well 90 minutes is fine for T8, or later if PreCheck / HBO. But I'm also surprised they can't find another route to MIA that day.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Yes, well 90 minutes is fine for T8, or later if PreCheck / HBO. But I'm also surprised they can't find another route to MIA that day.
BA doesnt allow connections with less than 120 Minutes. And there is also a "problem" with the Booking Class I.... something something blrghblrgh.
if there will be another schedule change i would totally consider cancelling it and start with a new booking...

follow up problem... My sister joins me in MIA for the stay. she is arriving with Swiss via ZRH. i cant change the dates.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
If there has been an AA or BA scheduled change then booking class shouldn't come into it.

They have an obligation to sort it out as it is a problem of their making.
Often1 and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
You were wanting to stay in the lounge overnight? Crikey.
anniegray, KenTarmac and rossmacd like this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As a general matter, you are only entitled to one fee-free change per schedule adjustment and thus BA would rightfully decline a further change unless there is a further schedule change. But, If BA refused a better routing based on fare basis, then you ought to be entitled to a "do over" as fare basis is irrelevant.

If the latter, you should do the research and propose the options you want . Have the exact details ready to read off over the phone. Indeed, it is always a good idea to have done the research before calling. The things which may motivate your choices may be different than someone else's.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
As a general matter, you are only entitled to one fee-free change per schedule adjustment and thus BA would rightfully decline a further change unless there is a further schedule change. But, If BA refused a better routing based on fare basis, then you ought to be entitled to a "do over" as fare basis is irrelevant.

If the latter, you should do the research and propose the options you want . Have the exact details ready to read off over the phone. Indeed, it is always a good idea to have done the research before calling. The things which may motivate your choices may be different than someone else's.
yeah.
i believe that - if you insist on a specific flight - options are limited.
if there will be an additional change (and i strongly believe there will be one) - im gonna seek for help here first and call then. this seems to be the better option

thank you all
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:17 am

If this was due to BA changing its schedule, then Regulation 261/2004 should award you with a hotel room on BA's expense. On the other hand, you could be out of luck if it was AA changing the schedule.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
t closes for the last flight, which is round about 22 hrs. If it's T8 then again you can't get airside until the travel date (and the AA club closes at 22 hrs there too)..
Although not relevant in this case, for anyone that is looking for the lounge times the JFK lounges should be open quite a bit later than that. CX have a departure at around 1am and use the AA lounges in T8 for that.

Ukraine International are out of T7 and also have a flight that leaves around 12.30am and they use the BA lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.