Search

747 UD "Exit Row Seats"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
747 UD "Exit Row Seats"

Hi guys, I'm after a little advice.
My wife and I normally travel together, but next year we are taking her sister with us as well. She is an adult but has downes and learning difficulties.
BA has moved our indirect flights back from Vegas to a direct flight so that is fine but I have a question on the seats. As gold I've selected 62A for me and 62K for my wife with my sister in law in 62J, as she will want to sit next to her sister. On the seat confirmation it tells me that 62A and K are both exit row seats and I've confirmed that we are both able bodied. The same restriction doesn't seem to apply to 62J is that correct? It's just listed as a normal seat and i'm not asked to confirm the able bodied status. I don't want to get on board and have any distress if anyone tries to separate her from her sister! Am I ok with the seats I have chosen or do I need to change? Comments would be much appreciated.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
62J is indeed not an exit row seat. Have a great trip.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: AC 35K
If anyone is confused by this, the reason is 62 A/K face backwards *towards* the exit whereas 62 B/J face forward *away* from the exit.

63 B/J face forwards towards the exit and are considered exit row seats, AFAIK.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
Thank you very much for the replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.