Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B747 Super High J seating

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

B747 Super High J seating

we are booked on a 747 out to ORD and the seat selection is wide open on the main deck (cant do the stairs for upper deck). I know the very back row window seat has direct aisle access and it seems to be a separate section but have some concerns about being last to be served if we are at the back of the cabin. I would be grateful for any recommendations for seat choice. We return on a four class B777 which, apart from avoiding being next to the toilet doesn’t seem to have any stand out seats. Is that a fair assumption?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

In club world you can preorder your main entree from LHR ( from 30 days to t-24 hrs) via MMB so you should get your choice.

Usually travel on the upper deck so cannot give any advice on mian deck seating ( on the 777 the first 2 rows of CW will have some views the rest will be blocked by the wing )

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
The Super high J has a few window seats with direct aisle access. If you're only going for the main deck, try 14 A/K in the smaller front cabin.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
British Airways B747-400 14F/86J/30W/145Y Seat Map

Only you know what you value, privacy, access. You say we, so are you wanting a pair facing, or do you both want windows, or maybe prefer the middle pair? If it's a pair with access, 14AB or 14JK?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

14AB and JK would be the pairs to choose. The cabin between doors 1 and 2 is pretty private and quiet, not the UD but a decent substitute. Rows 20 and 22 also have direct aisle access from the window seats too.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the advice. Based on the consensus I have gone for 14J/K
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Definitas
Thanks to everyone for the advice. Based on the consensus I have gone for 14J/K
Good choice and that's what I would have gone for if I couldn't have done the UD.. I've been in that cabin a few times including the old 38J configuration when it used to fly to Mauritius. It's a nice cosy cabin and 14K is very good for direct aisle access. There may be a little bit of galley noise but I don't think it's that noticeable really. Here is a more up to date video and a nice window view of the engines especially at 4:34 albeit you'll be a little bit more forward but still good views. Have a great flight!

TedToToe likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Super High J CW

Originally Posted by PETER01
Good choice and that's what I would have gone for if I couldn't have done the UD.. I've been in that cabin a few times including the old 38J configuration when it used to fly to Mauritius. It's a nice cosy cabin and 14K is very good for direct aisle access. There may be a little bit of galley noise but I don't think it's that noticeable really. Here is a more up to date video and a nice window view of the engines especially at 4:34 albeit you'll be a little bit more forward but still good views. Have a great flight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg9TzaSLWvA&t=286s
Great video!
PETER01 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.