Community
Wiki Posts
Search

747 V3 Seat Guru

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

747 V3 Seat Guru

Whilst generally not using seat guru, I just happened to come across this and noticed the different F layout and CW seats (with clear gap showing the direct aisle access we expect to see at some point). I may well have missed some release of information, which I can't find, but is this just a best guess from someone at seat guru?

Thanks

Jamie
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Bri..._747-400_D.php

I can't seem to upload the images, so here's the link
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Unless I am missing something, it all looks the same as the current HiJ 747. Only difference seems to be in the presentation that seatguru is using.

Version 2 is outdated as has 70J seats and this is no longer used by BA.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
delete
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I think that is just the Super Hi J ( 86 CW seats) as the seat plans have not been released yet.

Also I do not think there are any more 72 seat CW 747s in the fleet.

I think the advice here is not to rely on seat guru by itself ( error prone perhaps)

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No, it's the SuperJ 747 in a super unhelpful format. You will note this website is proudly waving a V2 type which has long since departed the skies. seatguru is a very poor guide to BA and most non USA airlines, it's an advertising sink site which is poorly maintained. You best use thebasource.com, in this case

British Airways B747-400 14F/86J/30W/145Y Seat Map
UKtravelbear likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks. I think the different looking seats just threw me. I shall remind myself to continue to ignore seat guru
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JamieG
Whilst generally not using seat guru, I just happened to come across this and noticed the different F layout and CW seats (with clear gap showing the direct aisle access we expect to see at some point). I may well have missed some release of information, which I can't find, but is this just a best guess from someone at seat guru?

Thanks

Jamie
In addition to the poor accuracy of Seat Guru, as already pointed out, I really don’t think we will see BA’s new Club seat on their 747s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.