BA Sale is this possible?

Old Dec 23, 18, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, LH M&M
BA Sale is this possible?

Is it possible to book economy from ABZ to LHR and then LHR to JNB in CW? I have seen a good price in the sale for the flight from LHR to JNB including car hire but as soon as I add the domestic leg the price goes up by approx £700 pp. We would prefer the booking to be on one ticket so that we are protected with connections and also have our baggage checked through but understand this might not be possible. We are more than happy with the domestic leg to be in economy. We have looked on the BA website but can't seem to find a way around this.
Any ideas from the much more experienced folk on here greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
Old Dec 23, 18, 6:07 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Yes, it's theoretically possible if you use fully flexible fare buckets that support this. It will not be cheaper, however.

The deal you've found is for LHR-JNB and it's not available on ABZ-XXX-JNB (where XXX happens to be LHR) any more than it would be on OSL-JNB, WAW-JNB, etc.

This JNB holiday deal is so good that I would personally book it from LHR and extend my journey to allow plenty of time in London.
Old Dec 23, 18, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Many thanks Cymro. Much appreciate your swift reply.
Old Dec 23, 18, 6:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, VS Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Have you tried ex INV?
redrose59 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 18, 9:39 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Sealink View Post
Have you tried ex INV?
This particular deal is Direct only from LHR no other stations allowed. Its stonking and I would take it and worry about getting to London later
Tiger_lily, redrose59 and Sealink like this.
Old Dec 23, 18, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Done............now where's my suitcase?
Old Dec 23, 18, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Whenever I find these deals from LHR I just book a separate flight from ABZ and hope for the best.
I am ever the optimist
Old Dec 23, 18, 5:23 pm

Try phoning to book.

I have found this often when trying to book Scotland to Denver. i.e. Staying the night before in London (under 24 hrs) or crazy 1k extra fares when the cash Scotland LHR is buttons...

Called and explained, the agent then tries to find some sort of way around this and always succeeds. And often waives the phone booking fee too.

They are human, after all, and can see it is a craziness in the system!
Old Dec 24, 18, 4:46 am

Sorry to hijack slightly but has anyone found open jaw deals or deals with just a few nights? I'm looking at SA Mar/Apr but don't want 10 nights in Cape Town/Joburg/Durban etc. Thanks
Old Dec 24, 18, 8:34 am

Programs: BA: Silver. OneWorld: Sapphire
The pricing for JNB is excellent; also a good way to combine A380 and 787 J cabins.
Any danger to opting for a Kia Picanto in JNB, and then "forgetting" to pick up the car on arrival?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: